Please Someone Help Me Get Off Sub
    dinak is offline New Member

Default Please Someone Help Me Get Off Sub

Sorry to start a new thread but I couldn't find the one I started yesterday and after looking for it for over a hour I said the hell with it I will just start over. I have been on Suboxne for 2 years which is way to long. I was addicted to Vicoden I had a bad fall hurt my back and that's were it all started. I just want to wake up in the morning knowing I don't have to take anything to feel good and start my day. I want it to be like it was when I didn't have any of this poison in my life. The doctor that was treating me was not good he just wants people to stay on sub forever and when I told him that I want to wein he basically gave me 60 pills and said your on your own. I lost my job i Jan and my insurance so I have to pay for this myself and it is so expensive I was one 8/2 mg for the whole time I have been on Sub I have been able to get myself down to a little over half a day. I have a hard time figuring out how much is what. I felt good at a half but I take a small dose in the morning and the rest in the afternoon. Would it be easier if I started taking it all at one time? I did feel a little anixety and ansty at the dosage I have been on for the last couple of days. I only have about 12 pills left and I don't have a way to get anymore.
    I'm currently a student and very scared to go through w/d i really can't miss much school. If anyone out there can help me please. Robert ans. my post and I would love it if he would help me I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I don't want to be on this anymore I'm ready to be clean of all of it. I told my husband the other day do you realize I have been taking "something" for the past 5 years. Any help would be so great. And could someone tell me how do I figure out my dosage? Thanks for all your help.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dinak View Post
    Sorry to start a new thread but I couldn't find the one I started yesterday and after looking for it for over a hour I said the hell with it I will just start over. I have been on Suboxne for 2 years which is way to long. I was addicted to Vicoden I had a bad fall hurt my back and that's were it all started. I just want to wake up in the morning knowing I don't have to take anything to feel good and start my day. I want it to be like it was when I didn't have any of this poison in my life. The doctor that was treating me was not good he just wants people to stay on sub forever and when I told him that I want to wein he basically gave me 60 pills and said your on your own. I lost my job i Jan and my insurance so I have to pay for this myself and it is so expensive I was one 8/2 mg for the whole time I have been on Sub I have been able to get myself down to a little over half a day. I have a hard time figuring out how much is what. I felt good at a half but I take a small dose in the morning and the rest in the afternoon. Would it be easier if I started taking it all at one time? I did feel a little anixety and ansty at the dosage I have been on for the last couple of days. I only have about 12 pills left and I don't have a way to get anymore.
    I'm currently a student and very scared to go through w/d i really can't miss much school. If anyone out there can help me please. Robert ans. my post and I would love it if he would help me I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I don't want to be on this anymore I'm ready to be clean of all of it. I told my husband the other day do you realize I have been taking "something" for the past 5 years. Any help would be so great. And could someone tell me how do I figure out my dosage? Thanks for all your help.

The ideal thing would be to get one more script AT LEAST, then I could do it without any significant problems.

I would be happy to help you but after taking subs for two years and with you having only twelve 8mg pills left, and you're at probably 5mg or so a day, we don't have enough medication to work a taper plan that will keep you from having w/d problems. I can only do what I'm able to do with what you've got to work with.

All I could do is taper you down as far as your subs would permit. At that point you would have to go with a cold turkey using what's called The Thomas Recipe for opiate w/d/ Unless you can come up with some additional subs that is the only thing I know to suggest.

Let me know if you want to go this route. I can't guarantee at this point how far down the pills you have will take you. I would have to see how you do on the taper for a week or so before I could make an estimate.

Just let me know what you want to do. Wish I had a better suggestion for you but I can't work without medication. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you Robert but I can not get another script I have successfully weined my self down to .5 in just a few weeks so you don't think 12 pills would work even though I'm only taking .5 a day. I don't throw the rest of the pill away I save it for the next day. So there is no way to wein off in the next couple of weeks. I can handle a little discomfort. Do you think I should cut down to only taking it 1's a day instead of 2x. I'm so scared I just want off this stuff so bad and I no longer have a support team my doctor was a jerk he only wanted my money and even tried to date me. I don't want to go back to him and I have no clue were to turn. I have been involved in my church for some time but there isn't anyone other then my family that knows my little secert. If I would have known what I know none I would have gone through the Vicoden withdraw. If you would please take me as far has you can and I will have to suffer when I run out. I just pray I don't get that sick. Thank you so much for your help.

Thank you Robert but I can not get another script I have successfully weined my self down to .5 in just a few weeks so you don't think 12 pills would work even though I'm only taking .5 a day. I don't throw the rest of the pill away I save it for the next day. So there is no way to wein off in the next couple of weeks. I can handle a little discomfort. Do you think I should cut down to only taking it 1's a day instead of 2x. I'm so scared I just want off this stuff so bad and I no longer have a support team my doctor was a jerk he only wanted my money and even tried to date me. I don't want to go back to him and I have no clue were to turn. I have been involved in my church for some time but there isn't anyone other then my family that knows my little secert. If I would have known what I know none I would have gone through the Vicoden withdraw. If you would please take me as far has you can and I will have to suffer when I run out. I just pray I don't get that sick. Thank you so much for your help.

I misread your post to say that you were on 5mg rather .5mg. Sorry about that. My mistake. Check out the following link. This is how I taper people down and off subs and it's worked for years.

You have more than enough meds being on only .5mg. Read the link, plan and tapering down your dose to .333mg, then to .25mg as the taper section suggests, then do the day-skipping process. It's all explained in the TAPER section of the link. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thanks for the responds Robert my question for you is I usually take a very small dose in the morning and the bigger dose in the afternoon. I notice I'm feeling a little withdraw since I have tapered down more yesterday and today I only took a tiny sliver this morning and I'm feeling very ansty I was wondering would it be easier if I started taking just the one dose in the morning I kinda think it would make it easier to wein? I'm having such a hard time figuring out the dosage. I have been taking a 8mg pill cut it into 4th's and I have been taking one of the 4th's starting yesterday now will I take a little off the 4th when I have been on it for 4 days and keeping taking some off of the 4th correct? I'm so scared I'm going to do this wrong I don't have a scale so I have to try to eye it up. Thanks again for your help.

Day 2 of my wein it isn't so bad I'm down to 2mg I feel great this morning yesterday was a little hard but that could be because I have horrible allergies. This website is wonderful I'm so glad I found it. I want to quit these pills soooooo bad I really have no choice. I lost my job and no insurance left so I'm paying 70 dollars for 10 pills that is horrible plus I just want to wake up in the morning and feel great and not worry about needing something to make me feel better. So far so good.

So I'm on day 3 of my wein I'm not physically feeling to bad but mentally and emotional I feel out of control. I have a lot going on right now but it seems like I can't handle anything and I can't stop crying. Is this normal? Not sure if anyone is going to respond but just wondering if this will go away I hate feeling like this it isn't me.

So I'm on day 3 of my wein I'm not physically feeling to bad but mentally and emotional I feel out of control. I have a lot going on right now but it seems like I can't handle anything and I can't stop crying. Is this normal? Not sure if anyone is going to respond but just wondering if this will go away I hate feeling like this it isn't me.

Sub detox does cause some emotional symptoms. It's right at the bottom of my sub therapy "sticky" post in featured drugs. Stick to the plan the way it's described and suggested and you'll make it.

The side effects you're describing can last a little longer with subs than normal pain pills due to the long half life. That is why I say to only reduce your dose every four days and finish with the day-skipping process.

Sorry I have not replied in a couple days. I have sleep problems and have had a lot of trouble getting any rest recently. I'm here for you to offer support the best I am able. Just stick to the plan. You're in my prayers. God bless.

Question

Thank you so much Robert your help has been a life saver, I have visited many sites and none of them help like this one. Did pretty good today tapering is going well, I had class today and I was so afraid that withdraws would kick in I didn't do to bad did have to take a little sliver around 4pm today other then that I think my body is starting to adjust. I have been suffering anxiety pretty bad but I'm working through it also the hot flashes and sweating isn't pretty but nothing I can't deal with. I really hope that this is going to be the only withdraw symptom. Every time I have gone through withdraw my legs would cramp so bad that I couldn't take it and I would run to the doctor to get those pain meds and now the suboxone. I don't ever want to deal with that doctor again. Question have you ever heard about Gabatrol it is a natural mood, depression, and anxiety. I was on another site and there was someone on there who swears by them he weined and while he weined he took this and still does. He said it helped with his withdraw have you heard of it? My health food store order me some it should be here in a couple days I will let you no. Again thank you so much for your help.

Thank you so much Robert your help has been a life saver, I have visited many sites and none of them help like this one. Did pretty good today tapering is going well, I had class today and I was so afraid that withdraws would kick in I didn't do to bad did have to take a little sliver around 4pm today other then that I think my body is starting to adjust. I have been suffering anxiety pretty bad but I'm working through it also the hot flashes and sweating isn't pretty but nothing I can't deal with. I really hope that this is going to be the only withdraw symptom. Every time I have gone through withdraw my legs would cramp so bad that I couldn't take it and I would run to the doctor to get those pain meds and now the suboxone. I don't ever want to deal with that doctor again. Question have you ever heard about Gabatrol it is a natural mood, depression, and anxiety. I was on another site and there was someone on there who swears by them he weined and while he weined he took this and still does. He said it helped with his withdraw have you heard of it? My health food store order me some it should be here in a couple days I will let you no. Again thank you so much for your help.

Gabatrol is used for anxiety primarily. There is gabatrol, kava, valerian root, all kinds of things available and it's about what works for you. Some are better for one person than the next.

I see no reason why you shouldn't be okay with it just keep your doses within reason.

Let me know how it works for you. I haven't used it before but always interested to hear results. I've used valerian and kava but that is it. I wish you the best of luck with it. Beats benzos for sure. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-21-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Question

Hi Robert I was wondering if I should be feeling so much anxiety and edginess I'm not at all feeling like myself. I'm also feeling alot of pain in my legs. Is it okay to take a little more to cut the edginess of this or will I feel better tomorrow I have been on this dose since Monday and seem to be feeling worse instead of better. Any advise would be wonderful thank you.

Hi Robert I was wondering if I should be feeling so much anxiety and edginess I'm not at all feeling like myself. I'm also feeling alot of pain in my legs. Is it okay to take a little more to cut the edginess of this or will I feel better tomorrow I have been on this dose since Monday and seem to be feeling worse instead of better. Any advise would be wonderful thank you.

I am totally confused. Above you said you were taking ,5mg (POINT 5mg) and now you're saying you're at 2mg. What are you taking? I am totally confused about your dose and I'm lost. Why would you go to 2mg from POINT 5mg? What am I missing here? God bless.

Sorry for confusing you I have weined myself down to 2mg as of Sunday sorry for the confusion at first but I was confused on the dosage and how to figure it out I thought .5 would be a quarter. I'm on 2mg doing pretty well I was on 3 mg last week and was able to go down to 2 mg on Sunday. I'm just having a little withdraw I took a sliver and feel a little better. I really have to get off this med. the health food store ordered me that gabatrol and I'm hoping that helps with the anxiety I have been on this suff for a little over two years I have always taken 8 mg even when the doc wanted me to take 16mg. I have been weining myself for a few weeks and like I said I was able to get myself down to 3mg with no problems. Were I'm having a problem is taking it 2x times a day I usually took a smaller dose in the morning and the higher in the afternoon. I want to try to take it at one time in the morning but I'm affaird that I will feel withdraws by the end of the day that is what happen yesterday and had to take a sliver. I knew this was going to be hard but I'm so scared I want to be drug free I want my brain to be clear, I don't want to depend on anything every again. Sorry for all the confusion any pointers would be great.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-22-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Sorry for confusing you I have weined myself down to 2mg as of Sunday sorry for the confusion at first but I was confused on the dosage and how to figure it out I thought .5 would be a quarter. I'm on 2mg doing pretty well I was on 3 mg last week and was able to go down to 2 mg on Sunday. I'm just having a little withdraw I took a sliver and feel a little better. I really have to get off this med. the health food store ordered me that gabatrol and I'm hoping that helps with the anxiety I have been on this stuff for a little over two years I have always taken 8 mg even when the doc wanted me to take 16mg. I have been weining myself for a few weeks and like I said I was able to get myself down to 3mg with no problems. Were I'm having a problem is taking it 2x times a day I usually took a smaller dose in the morning and the higher in the afternoon. I want to try to take it at one time in the morning but I'm affaird that I will feel withdraws by the end of the day that is what happen yesterday and had to take a sliver. I knew this was going to be hard but I'm so scared I want to be drug free I want my brain to be clear, I don't want to depend on anything every again. Sorry for all the confusion any pointers would be great.

Just remember you have a limited number of pills. So you need to stick EXACTLY to the plan, even if it's a little uncomfortable, or you're having a little w/d or you'll get to where you have no meds left and then you'll have to suffer through a cold turkey.

Here is a copy of the sub therapy taper link. Make sure you follow it to the letter. You have just enough meds being at 2mg to complete it. You CAN'T get off started on those slivers because you feel it a little or you'll run out of medicine. Then I won't have anything to tell you that will help except to rough it out. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-22-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Had a pretty good day today, felt bad this morning but once I took my little orange pill It made me feel a little better I was able to go to class. I have also been taking vitiams and I really think they work, yesterday at this time I wasn't feeling well thought I was going to give in and take more sub but I didn't today and didn't cheat one time. I want off this stuff so bad and I want to live a healthy life style. Question for Robert I have been on 2 mg for 4 days and I'm just feeling like I adjusted to that dose should I reduce 25% tomorrow or do one more day at 2mg since I'm finally adjusting without to bad of withdraws. I can totally handle this it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Wish I could stop all together and stick it out and go CT but I know that is just setting myself up to fail. Again I'm so grateful for your help Robert.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-23-2010 at 10:05 PM.