Precipitated Withdrawal Question - PLEASE HELP
    JenX is offline Junior Member

Question Precipitated Withdrawal Question - PLEASE HELP

Hi, I have been on suboxone for 13months and have been down to 2mg for the past 3 months. I recently had oral surgery (two weeks ago) and I toughed it out with 800mg of ibuprofen. Everything was okay until I got the stitches out. My gums got infected that day after they took the stitches out and I was in excruciating throbbing pain. I went to my doctor who first prescribed the subs and explained what happened and he put me on dilaudid 8mg's four times a day. I never really felt anything from the dilaudid which I found surprising.

I have been taking the dilaudid and no subs since last thursday. Yesterday, in a moment of addictive behavior I took the rest of the dilaudids which was (13 8mg pills) because I just wanted to see if I could feel them and I wanted to get back on the subs. I know how wrong it was, and I do feel guilty about it, but that's not the point of this post. My question is that I haven't hade any dilaudid since 9PM last night which was almost 16hours ago. Is it safe to take my suboxone now or will I go into precipitated withdrawal? Please help? Thanks for your time!

Crashed is offline New Member

honestly its best to get sick first.

im on day 8 now and a week ago i had precipitated withdrawals cuz i was thinkin i was at my peak or somethin. Everything came out of all areas then i settled into the sickness feelin worse than i ever felt. That night was tough but the next day i was able to really get on the suboxone.

i never knew dilaudid was an opiate till now, so i wanted to just let u know that its better to wait n start off the suboxone very small.

follow the Sticky thread "suboxone/subutex therapy" by robert if u would like to get off the suboxones

Thanks Crashed. Are you sure that it is the same protocol for people being inducted initially onto suboxone as it is for someone who has been on suboxone a long time and then jumped off for surgery and then wants to get back on?

There really isn't that much information on the latter.

Anyone else know anything about this subject?

Anyone else have any info on this?

Crashed is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JenX View Post
    Thanks Crashed. Are you sure that it is the same protocol for people being inducted initially onto suboxone as it is for someone who has been on suboxone a long time and then jumped off for surgery and then wants to get back on?

There really isn't that much information on the latter.

Anyone else know anything about this subject?
    I think the protocol of a percipitated withdrawal is when u have opiods in your receptors and the suboxone antagonizes those exact receptors .

i know youve been on suboxone for a while, but my story is i was started on 16 mg, and then i realized 8 is enough so my best option was to either cut down to 8 a day, or go through a withdrawal again and get re-induced.

if u were only on suboxone id say try as i did and just go down to whatever and see how u feel after 4 days, but its those receptors that recieve the hydromorphone that make me worry.

Anonymous Guest

as long as you still have some other opiate in your receptors, the subs are gonna strip them off and you may go into prec wd.
    i did. its not pretty ok. mine was from methadone, i did not wait till i scored a 26 on the cows chart, my doctor i dont think has even seen one.
    so it would be exactly the same as starting from fresh, you have opiates in your system, and until you are a 26 on the chart, you risk prec wd.

better to err on the side of caution than to go thru that, beleive me it aint good, comes on quick and lasts 2 days. ok,

good luck.
    cheeky