Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Questions to start ROBERT325 Sub Therapy
    Adriii is offline New Member

Default Questions to start ROBERT325 Sub Therapy

Hello All,

I have been on my current opioid run for about 2 years now. I have attempted to do a methadone taper several times but always failed. I would either start the process then change my mind after dosing for the day or get through 3-4 days and cave because cravings got the best of me. After doing this several times in the passed 2 years, I have found that the methadone no longer works like it used to (as with any drug). My last attempt was in September 17’. Having started at 50-60 mg and tapering down about 10 mg’s per day, I made it to a week. Once I hit the 7 day mark I had so little methadone in my system I started going through withdraw. At that point I was out and had no choice but to use to get well. Since then I haven’t even attempted to go that route again. It’s a recipe for failure.

Having said that and letting you all know a bit about my situation, I hope to successfully get through Robert325’s sub therapy. I currently have 2 8mg strips and 5 M/924 pills. Now can I take these together? Can I start with one and finish off with the other? Is there one I should preferably take first, strips or pills? All I know is one has the opiate blocker and the other doesn’t.

To be honest I am terrified to start the process but know I can get through it. Any help and/or advise would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!!

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adriii View Post
    Hello All,

I have been on my current opioid run for about 2 years now. I have attempted to do a methadone taper several times but always failed. I would either start the process then change my mind after dosing for the day or get through 3-4 days and cave because cravings got the best of me. After doing this several times in the passed 2 years, I have found that the methadone no longer works like it used to (as with any drug). My last attempt was in September 17’. Having started at 50-60 mg and tapering down about 10 mg’s per day, I made it to a week. Once I hit the 7 day mark I had so little methadone in my system I started going through withdraw. At that point I was out and had no choice but to use to get well. Since then I haven’t even attempted to go that route again. It’s a recipe for failure.

Having said that and letting you all know a bit about my situation, I hope to successfully get through Robert325’s sub therapy. I currently have 2 8mg strips and 5 M/924 pills. Now can I take these together? Can I start with one and finish off with the other? Is there one I should preferably take first, strips or pills? All I know is one has the opiate blocker and the other doesn’t.

To be honest I am terrified to start the process but know I can get through it. Any help and/or advise would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!!

Welcome to the forum!

If you reduced your Methadone dose by 10mgs every day it's no wonder it failed. Not the way to taper Methadone. Ideally you should reduce the dose about 3% to 5% every week. Yes, that will take some time, but it's the best way off to avoid harsh wd symptoms. Methadone is a true beast to get off of.

I did successfully taper my Methadone down to 10mgs then switched to Suboxone. I spent some time on the subs to get my thoughts far away form my addiction then tapered off the subs and will have 4 years clean in July. You can do it too if you really want this for yourself.

Robert's Suboxone Therapy Plan has produced thousands of success stories. The plan works if you follow it closely. That means inducting correctly and on the lowest possible dose that gets you stable, remaining on that dose about a week or so, then going through the tapering process and reducing to at least .25mg daily. The plan takes about 6-8 weeks give or take a couple weeks. So to do this right you'll need enough subs for that length of time. Having the amount you mentioned will not be enough to do this right. You'll need more subs. Can you obtain more?

With only the amount you currently have and performing a short or fast taper, it very rarely works. The relapse rate is very high. You need a little time on the subs to deter your addictive thoughts and behaviors.

You asked if you could take the film strips and generic Suboxone pills together. The answer is yes, it won't matter how you take them. But your info on one being an opiate blocker and the other not is incorrect. Suboxone has Buprenorphine and Naloxone together. The generic pills (Subutex) are pure Buprenorphine with no Naloxone. It's the Buprenorphine that blocks other opiates from getting through. The Naloxone is added to deter use by IV addicts and has no other purpose. So both the film and the pills you have WILL block all other opaites.

Randy
    FNG2 likes this.

Adriii is offline New Member

Thanks for responding Randy! I did not realize the therapy was that long. I was thinking I would be done in a week or so. Guess I should probably go back and read it over. I can get more subs... how much do you think I would need? Aside from the mental aspect of it, how long do you think it will take to get off the opioids physically? I really hate to drag it out and become addicted to something else and be right back at square one. At this point I am so over it, it’s not fun anymore just a major headache. Hoping to rid myself of this problem ASAP! I was thinking about starting ig this weekend

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adriii View Post
    Thanks for responding Randy! I did not realize the therapy was that long. I was thinking I would be done in a week or so. Guess I should probably go back and read it over. I can get more subs... how much do you think I would need? Aside from the mental aspect of it, how long do you think it will take to get off the opioids physically? I really hate to drag it out and become addicted to something else and be right back at square one. At this point I am so over it, it’s not fun anymore just a major headache. Hoping to rid myself of this problem ASAP! I was thinking about starting ig this weekend

The Suboxone plan, or Robert's plan takes just about the right time frame for most people. You need a little time on the subs to get as far away from your addiction as possible. You won't have any issues of becoming dependent or addicted to the subs during the 6-8 weeks the plan takes.

Most people on average induct on around 4mg of Suboxone. So assuming that's you and you follow the plan and reduce every 5th day until you're down to .25mg it will take about 66mgs of Suboxone to do that. That's a little more than 8 of the 8mg Suboxone's. Now with that said some people need to spend more than 4 days on some doses to get stable. You don't want to reduce any dose if you're not stable. Sometimes it becomes necessary to remain on some doses for a week or so to allow your body time to stabilize. Everyone's different. And you may want to do the day skipping process once you're down to .25mg daily. More on that later.

So if you were able to gather around 12-15 of the 8mg subs you would have enough for the entire process, and probably have some left over.

Here's the link to Robert's plan for you and anyone else following along:

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...tml#post436333

Follow the plan closely and you'll be just fine.

Randy
    FNG2 likes this.