Robert, can you help me?
    mlk2900 is offline New Member

Default Robert, can you help me?

Hi, this is my first post on this board but I have followed along here for awhile and seen how many you have helped get stabilized and off suboxone.

First a little background on me. I started abusing opiates earlier this year, vicodin at first and then poppy pod tea (which is very addictive). I discovered how addicted I was a couple months ago and decided to start tapering, so I did and tapered down to about 30 % of my original dose of the poppy pods. Well, I hit a snag and decided to switch back to vicodin for the rest of my taper to have a consistent dose and ended up in a terrible spot for 2 weeks. Finally Monday night I went to a suboxone doctor and he prescribed me subutex, told me to wait until I was in withdrawals and then take it. So yesterday at 4:30 after being in withdrawals for about 24 hours I took 4 mgs of subutex. I did feel better after about 30 minutes, but then became very, very tired, which I have read could indicate that I took too much. I was able to eat for the first time in forever and then went to bed around 9 pm and slept and slept. This morning I woke up and just feel blah and down, the nervousness and anxiousness like I had before when I was withdrawing is creeping back in. My question at least for the moment is, when should I take more? I want to get the induction and stabilization right because I read the sticky where you said that was very important. Also how much should I take? Since 4 mg was too much, would 2 mg be better? If so do I need to split that 2 mgs into morning and night doses yet? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to do this right. Once I get stable, I really want to try to wean off as quickly as possible, but know I have to get stable and let the withdrawal from the opiates pass as well. Thanks!!

Lisa

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by mlk2900 View Post
    Hi, this is my first post on this board but I have followed along here for awhile and seen how many you have helped get stabilized and off suboxone.

First a little background on me. I started abusing opiates earlier this year, vicodin at first and then poppy pod tea (which is very addictive). I discovered how addicted I was a couple months ago and decided to start tapering, so I did and tapered down to about 30 % of my original dose of the poppy pods. Well, I hit a snag and decided to switch back to vicodin for the rest of my taper to have a consistent dose and ended up in a terrible spot for 2 weeks. Finally Monday night I went to a suboxone doctor and he prescribed me subutex, told me to wait until I was in withdrawals and then take it. So yesterday at 4:30 after being in withdrawals for about 24 hours I took 4 mgs of subutex. I did feel better after about 30 minutes, but then became very, very tired, which I have read could indicate that I took too much. I was able to eat for the first time in forever and then went to bed around 9 pm and slept and slept. This morning I woke up and just feel blah and down, the nervousness and anxiousness like I had before when I was withdrawing is creeping back in. My question at least for the moment is, when should I take more? I want to get the induction and stabilization right because I read the sticky where you said that was very important. Also how much should I take? Since 4 mg was too much, would 2 mg be better? If so do I need to split that 2 mgs into morning and night doses yet? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to do this right. Once I get stable, I really want to try to wean off as quickly as possible, but know I have to get stable and let the withdrawal from the opiates pass as well. Thanks!!

Lisa

Lisa ..... let's get this done right. Take 1mg and post back in an hour. Then I'll tell you what to do. We are going to induct you properly right now.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Lisa ..... let's get this done right. Take 1mg and post back in an hour. Then I'll tell you what to do. We are going to induct you properly right now.
    Thank you so, so much for replying Robert!! It makes me feel so much better just knowing someone can help get me inducted right! I am dissolving the 1 mg under my tongue as we speak and will report back in an hour.

Okay, its been about an hour since I took the 1 mg, well actually over an hour but that pill took forever to dissolve, at least 20 if not 30 minutes. I am still somewhat depressed and anxious but it isn't quite as bad as it was earlier. I am still a little restless, but once again not as bad as earlier, and my trembling has diminished a lot. I am however still tired. Could that be coming from the fact that what I took yesterday (the 4 mgs) is still in my body? Also I should mention that my sleep hasn't been great for about a week, so my body I know has some catching up to do. I just worry because I have to be able to take this and function as I have a little boy at home.

So, where should I go from here as far as dosage and timing?

Okay, its been about an hour since I took the 1 mg, well actually over an hour but that pill took forever to dissolve, at least 20 if not 30 minutes. I am still somewhat depressed and anxious but it isn't quite as bad as it was earlier. I am still a little restless, but once again not as bad as earlier, and my trembling has diminished a lot. I am however still tired. Could that be coming from the fact that what I took yesterday (the 4 mgs) is still in my body? Also I should mention that my sleep hasn't been great for about a week, so my body I know has some catching up to do. I just worry because I have to be able to take this and function as I have a little boy at home.

So, where should I go from here as far as dosage and timing?

Just go along with me on this. I'm stabilizing you at the lowest possible dose and it takes a little while. Take 1mg again and let me know in another hour. Trust me I know what I'm doing. Drink a good shot of water before you put it under your tongue. Will hydrate your mouth and help with the dissolving process. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-22-2010 at 01:40 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Okay, I took the other 1 mg and do feel better, physically and emotionally. The depression and anxiety seem to be much better. So now I am just left with being very sleepy, enough so that I would have typed this response to you earlier but fell asleep with the computer on my lap. I am guessing that is hopefully from the leftover of the 4 mgs yesterday as well as how exhausted my body is from everything I have been through in the past couple weeks.

So, direct me from here as to where to go.

Thanks so much once again for everything you are doing!!

Okay, I took the other 1 mg and do feel better, physically and emotionally. The depression and anxiety seem to be much better. So now I am just left with being very sleepy, enough so that I would have typed this response to you earlier but fell asleep with the computer on my lap. I am guessing that is hopefully from the leftover of the 4 mgs yesterday as well as how exhausted my body is from everything I have been through in the past couple weeks.

So, direct me from here as to where to go.

Thanks so much once again for everything you are doing!!

Induction is a 4-5 day process. Tomorrow take 1.5mg when you get up, then another 1.5mg tomorrow late afternoon. I bet you make it fine at 3mg for the day.

We'll deal with any necessary adjustments tomorrow. God bless.

Okay, I took 1.5 mgs this morning at around 9 am. Prior to that I did have some stomach cramps and diarrhea which may or may not have been some withdrawal symptoms breaking through, it could have very easily just been something I ate. After I took the 1.5 mgs, still became very tired with perhaps a bit of anxiety still. I was not as tired as before but tired enough that since my son was not here this morning I laid down and went back to sleep for a couple hours. Is it possible that 1.5 mgs is too much? Or could it be that since suboxone's half life is 36 hour there is still quite a bit from past dosages in my system that needs to clear out some?

Whew, figuring out my lowest effective dose isn't easy. Thank you so much for all your help!

Okay, I took 1.5 mgs this morning at around 9 am. Prior to that I did have some stomach cramps and diarrhea which may or may not have been some withdrawal symptoms breaking through, it could have very easily just been something I ate. After I took the 1.5 mgs, still became very tired with perhaps a bit of anxiety still. I was not as tired as before but tired enough that since my son was not here this morning I laid down and went back to sleep for a couple hours. Is it possible that 1.5 mgs is too much? Or could it be that since suboxone's half life is 36 hour there is still quite a bit from past dosages in my system that needs to clear out some?

Whew, figuring out my lowest effective dose isn't easy. Thank you so much for all your help!

Remember that I explained the induction done properly can take 4-5 days where we may have to make some adjustments. Your initial higher dose that first day could have affected you today.

Take the 1.5mg dose later today and we'll see how you feel in the morning when you get up. This may take us another couple days to get it down perfect but I promise you that if you go along with me we'll get you stable at the "lowest effective dose" and you'll do very well during the process. Just stick with me and remain positive. I know how to do this.

You're going to end up clean including the subs in the shortest amount of time that is beneficial for you doing this the way I'm asking you to proceed. If you experience diarrhea you should take some imodium AD. It is fine to take with the subs.

I have a Bible study group at my home this evening but will check on you when it's over. God bless.

Oh, I trust you completely Robert, no doubt about that. I have seen where you have helped so many people with subs. I am just very glad that you are around to help and are so willing to offer up your time this way!

I am keeping positive, well as much as possible, and understand it can take a few days to get the dosage worked out. If I have anymore stomach issues I will take some imodium, I really don't even think it had anything to do with withdrawal symptoms. I took 1.5 mg tonight, just a bit ago, so if it makes me tired again that is fine as all I have to do is go to bed. I will post again in the morning. Thanks again for all your help!

I have been trying to get on here all day to update, but my internet has been down. I did take the 1.5 mg this morning just like yesterday. Some of the exhaustion is finally letting up, though I am still tired but not nearly as bad as before. Any other withdrawal symptoms seem to be staying away as well. So just checking in, just let me know where to go from here.

I have been trying to get on here all day to update, but my internet has been down. I did take the 1.5 mg this morning just like yesterday. Some of the exhaustion is finally letting up, though I am still tired but not nearly as bad as before. Any other withdrawal symptoms seem to be staying away as well. So just checking in, just let me know where to go from here.

Give it one more day at that dose. That will be three days. Then the fourth day of the induction we'll be cutting it back just a little. Then you'll stay at that dose for about a week before starting to taper. It's all going exactly like it's supposed to. God bless.

Robert, just wanted to check in and let you know that I took my 1.5 g this morning and will again tonight. I know you said today will likely be my last day at that dose and then I will taper down just a bit tomorrow, so I wanted to see what you wanted me to taper down to?

I have to admit this exhaustion is really getting to me, after sleeping almost 12 hours last night I was still so tired that I was falling asleep while eating breakfast with my son and husband this morning. So, I wanted to ask, and please know that that I am not asking this to doubt you as I trust you completely, but would there be any advantage to me taking my daily dose once a day instead of split up into two doses a day? I only was wondering because if I took it only at night and then slept, perhaps I would be a little more alert during the daytime. If that messes anything up though as far as the tapering schedule ahead I certainly wouldn't want to do that. Just thought I would ask though in case.

Once again thanks so much for your continued help and support!!!

Lisa
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-25-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Robert, just wanted to check in and let you know that I took my 1.5 g this morning and will again tonight. I know you said today will likely be my last day at that dose and then I will taper down just a bit tomorrow, so I wanted to see what you wanted me to taper down to?

I have to admit this exhaustion is really getting to me, after sleeping almost 12 hours last night I was still so tired that I was falling asleep while eating breakfast with my son and husband this morning. So, I wanted to ask, and please know that that I am not asking this to doubt you as I trust you completely, but would there be any advantage to me taking my daily dose once a day instead of split up into two doses a day? I only was wondering because if I took it only at night and then slept, perhaps I would be a little more alert during the daytime. If that messes anything up though as far as the tapering schedule ahead I certainly wouldn't want to do that. Just thought I would ask though in case.

Once again thanks so much for your continued help and support!!!

Lisa

Lisa ...... induction can take up to five days, so let's try what you said and see if it helps. Take the whole dose later in the day and see how that works. I would rather put off tapering for a day and get it where you feel good. Let me know tomorrow night. I'll be in from church tomorrow night before 9:00. God bless.

Robert, I took the whole dose last night. I have felt less tired today, in fact if I would have gone to bed at a earlier hour last night and therefore slept more I am not sure I would have been very tired at all today. I have had other little issues here or there such as some anxiety and such but otherwise okay. So, what should I do tonight, take the same complete dose and start tapering tomorrow night? Or should I start tapering tonight? Just let me know.

Once again thanks so much!

Lisa

Just wanted to let you know since I didn't hear back I went ahead and took the whole dose tonight as well. I probably posted too late earlier and you were already off for the night. I tried getting on before that to update but was at my in-laws house. I will check back in the morning.

Hope your weekend has gone well. I can't describe how much I appreciate everything you have done and are still doing for me!

Lisa

Lisa, if it's not broke don't fix it. lol If it's working for you keep going the way you are doing. Sorry for not getting back sooner. Slept in today, had a BIG long church day yesterday and was up really late. God bless.

dumbmom is offline New Member

Looking for Robert!

need help w taper off hydro 10/325. Have 120 pills to play with and xanax. have done at home w/d 4 times but world crashing in. unbelievably motivated! this is a must. children flew in for intervention but i will lose job if i go to inpatient.

will join outpatient but cant miss work again and my w/d are baaaad and long........10 days was as bad as the 3-5 day stuff.

can u help? u have helped soooooo many and i would be so grateful if i could be the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbmom View Post
    Looking for Robert!

need help w taper off hydro 10/325. Have 120 pills to play with and xanax. have done at home w/d 4 times but world crashing in. unbelievably motivated! this is a must. children flew in for intervention but i will lose job if i go to inpatient.

will join outpatient but cant miss work again and my w/d are baaaad and long........10 days was as bad as the 3-5 day stuff.

can u help? u have helped soooooo many and i would be so grateful if i could be the next one.

mom ...... First you aren't dumb! You've decided to commit to getting clean. That isn't dumb.

I will be happy to help you but I need more information. You really haven't told me ANYTHING about yourself other than you have 120 10/325 norcos to work with. That may or may not be enough depending on your history and how much w/d you are able to handle without relapsing.

Tell me about your using history ...... years involved with drugs and which ones, amounts of drugs used, any pertinent information that would enable me to give you a reasonable plan that would work for you specifically. Have you ever been involved in any type of recovery programs? Remember that I'm here to help you and this is anonymous so spill your guts. That is the only way I will know what to suggest for you. I'm on your side and won't judge you. I just ask that you stick it out and follow the suggestions you receive. I pray for your success as you embark on this adventure to get and stay clean getting your life back. God bless.

Robert, thanks so much! I kept the dosage the same last night as well, feel much better. I am able to sleep fairly well at night (always have had sleep problems so fairly well for me is as good as it gets) yet able to also stay awake during the day. I have been at work the past two days, up in the morning to get my son ready for preschool, and feeling pretty good while doing it. It has for sure been the best I have felt so far since starting on the subutex.

So, I am guessing that means my induction is done and successful? If so I know you mentioned tapering down just a bit after induction and then sitting a that dose a bit before beginning the actual taper. So should I go down 25% to 2.25 mg at night? Just let me know if that sounds good and if so I will start that dosage tonight. Thank you so, so much for all your help! It has been such a huge help to know I am not doing this all alone.

mom...I just wanted to echo what Robert said, you are not in any way dumb. We have all been there. The past is just that, the past, look towards the future and getting clean, that is huge! Listen to Robert's advice and I am sure you will do just fine. Good Luck in your journey!

Lisa ..... yes let's go to 2.25mg and see how you do. I expect that you'll feel fine. I would plan at being 2.25mg for one week, then we'll begin the taer down 25% every four days. Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.

Robert, just wanted to check in and let you know how I am doing. I had a few problems in the beginning, but I really think it was more due to some bad absorbation of the subs the first night of the switchover. I am now evened out and doing fairly well. I will check back in in a few days. Again, thanks so much for all your help!

Lisa

Robert, just wanted to check in and let you know how I am doing. I had a few problems in the beginning, but I really think it was more due to some bad absorbation of the subs the first night of the switchover. I am now evened out and doing fairly well. I will check back in in a few days. Again, thanks so much for all your help!

Lisa

No problem. I would plan on dropping the dose again around the 3rd - 5th. Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.

Robert, I just wanted to check in and let you know how I am doing. I know it is time to drop in my dosage again however I have been hit with a terrible stomach flu the past couple days and really feel I need to get over that before adding another taper to it. I hope that it won't set me behind any and hopefully in the next couple days I will feel able and ready to tackle this. Thanks again for all you have done and are doing. I will be checking back in soon!

Lisa

Robert, I just wanted to check in and let you know how I am doing. I know it is time to drop in my dosage again however I have been hit with a terrible stomach flu the past couple days and really feel I need to get over that before adding another taper to it. I hope that it won't set me behind any and hopefully in the next couple days I will feel able and ready to tackle this. Thanks again for all you have done and are doing. I will be checking back in soon!

Lisa

Lisa ...... I agree with you. If you have stomach flu just get rested up and as soon as you are better we'll pick up where we left off. Don't want to torture you. You'll be okay until your better. Just keep me posted and we'll move forward then. Hope you feel better soon. God bless.

Whew, Robert, I am so sorry it has taken me so long to check back in. My stomach flu turned into a full blown flu that was horrible. It has been a long time since I felt that bad! I am just finally feeling better and have enough of my strength back to carry forward with my taper. I did try at times to take a little less of my subs, but for the most part I am on the same dosage I was, 2.25 a day. So what will be my next drop? Just let me know and I will resume my taper with tonight's dose.

Thanks!

Lisa

Whew, Robert, I am so sorry it has taken me so long to check back in. My stomach flu turned into a full blown flu that was horrible. It has been a long time since I felt that bad! I am just finally feeling better and have enough of my strength back to carry forward with my taper. I did try at times to take a little less of my subs, but for the most part I am on the same dosage I was, 2.25 a day. So what will be my next drop? Just let me know and I will resume my taper with tonight's dose.

Thanks!

Lisa

I would just go down to 1.75mg for convenience sake just coming off the flu. That is pretty close and you should do fine. Then we'll drop a little higher dose next time. God bless.