Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By HenryNCBA
  • 1 Post By shrimpboat 1942
  • 1 Post By Robert_325
Robert...I have a question
    Hopewins is offline New Member

Default Robert...I have a question

Should I begin to contact you when I stop the subs.,a few days in,or only when wd's start! When should we begin talking?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Hopewins View Post
    Should I begin to contact you when I stop the subs.,a few days in,or only when wd's start! When should we begin talking?

Let me know when you get ready to begin. If you follow suggestions you won't be going through w/d. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

HenryNCBA is offline Advanced Member

Hey there Hopewinns,
    I just wanted to say something that is VERY important. By following instructions that means to not waver. I have seen it time and time again with those that Robert helps along with those that I help as well and that is during a detox when symptoms pop up folks have a tendency to panic. I always tell folks when in doubt don't take but rather wait for instructions for once taken you can not just reach in and pull out what was taken and with subs and their long half life of up to 72 hours that can spell trouble. Please follow Robert's recommendations to the letter and cross all "T's" and dot all "i's" as this is critical to the best efficiency and success. I know you have been reading around on the forum and probably have heard all the horror stories but rest assured those are the ones that took it upon themselves to do what they wanted and increased their dosage, waiver around on dosage times, did not follow directions especially on induction, etc...
    I know you won't do this but I try to warn everyone in advance. This saves you and everyone time and effort for with subs once it goes off track it is difficult to put back on track as subs are very powerful little meds and only work in a very narrow spectrum of use.
    Hang in there you will be done in short order.
    I'll drop by from time to time to check up on you.
    I am very happy you are being diligent and aggressive in your efforts to combat this evil.

Henry

Thumbs up I second the advice

Hopewins--you are asking the right people for advice--Robert and Henry are the BEST.
    One thing I learned--do EXACTLY as they say. They will not lead you astray. Don't override their advice, thinking, oh, I don't feel good, I'll just change this one little thing. You can't go by your feelings on this. My "feelings" were what got me into trouble. My "feelings" won't get me out. So don't go by your feelings, go by Robert's schedule and advice.
    If things aren't working out, post on your thread and he will answer. And quickly. If he's tied up, Henry is constantly monitoring this sight and he'll advise you until Robert gets back.
    You don't have to do it alone here. Robert's done more than 1000 tapers over YEARS and he knows and has seen it all. I think he's better than any doctor with subs.
    He's certainly seen more than any doctor with subs, since that what he does.
    You'll do fine.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-05-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling error
    percodeath likes this.

Default Thank you

Robert,Henry and Mr.Shrimpboat! I read all 3 responses and completely understand and yes,my feelings have got me here!I am willing to do whatever it takes..including following direction's.I would like to begin the 15th of this month...I will be in touch,until then.Many thanks...unless that is bad for anyone else?

Default Another question Robert/Henry

I am getting off suboxone,not another drug....it just hit me,do you only do this with other doc's.Can I go from sub to sub weaning?And once again do I contact you when I stop sub day 1 or day 2,3 etc...just getting a lil anxious,please forgive me for repeated questions.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Hopewins View Post
    I am getting off suboxone,not another drug....it just hit me,do you only do this with other doc's.Can I go from sub to sub weaning?And once again do I contact you when I stop sub day 1 or day 2,3 etc...just getting a lil anxious,please forgive me for repeated questions.

Just let us know when you are ready to begin on the first day. We will evaluate everything involved and make plans accordingly. Just relax! Let us know when you are ready to start. In the meantime you can read the following link which explains the tapering plan in detail that you'll be following. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Hopewins likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.