Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Robert, I'm back..please help
    bschao is offline Member

Default Robert, I'm back..please help

Hi Robert,

First, I just wanted to apologize for anything I wrote that wasn't nice towards you. I sincerely apologize. I was (and still am) just frustrated as I want off this sub so bad and the anxiety and panic are just horrible.

So, just an update....I had to go back up to 0.5mg (might have to go back up to 0.75mg) b/c the anxiety and panic is really bad. I also have these creepy crawly feelings that are terrible. Today I took 0.5mg and feel ok so far, but usually by night time it starts to get bad. Should I just stay on the 0.5mg do you think?

Thanks so much..and again I apologize for my attitude before.

Sherrie

doc.rose is offline Senior Member

Hi Sherrie! Have you considered going to NA meetings for support? It might help to talk to someone face to face who understands exactly what you are going through. The forum is a wonderful place, and people get tremendous support here. It is possible you also need to attend some meetings to help you along the way. It is just a suggestion. I realize meetings are not for everyone, but it might help you. Take care and good luck!

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by bschao View Post
    Hi Robert,

First, I just wanted to apologize for anything I wrote that wasn't nice towards you. I sincerely apologize. I was (and still am) just frustrated as I want off this sub so bad and the anxiety and panic are just horrible.

So, just an update....I had to go back up to 0.5mg (might have to go back up to 0.75mg) b/c the anxiety and panic is really bad. I also have these creepy crawly feelings that are terrible. Today I took 0.5mg and feel ok so far, but usually by night time it starts to get bad. Should I just stay on the 0.5mg do you think?

Thanks so much..and again I apologize for my attitude before.

Sherrie

Sherrie ..... I appreciate the apology but I understand people are on edge during detox. Let it go, it's forgotten.

Get yourself on a dose where you are totally stable, then let's begin tapering again maybe a little more slowly this time. You didn't get here in one day and sometimes it takes a little longer for some people to get clean.

I also actually agree with doc.rose about the meeting. NA was good for me, it saved me. It was years later before finding my way to church but NA will give you lots if you put your heart into it and work the program. Sometimes face to face talking helps where a forum might not do as well. It depends on the person. But I always suggest some type of recovery be it NA, AA, Celebrate Recovery, church, a combination or all the above. All you have to lose by trying is a bad habit

I think you should go ahead and cut yourself some slack and get stable at .75mg. Stay there for four GOOD days. Then if you feel okay we'll reduce the dose. Keep in touch. God bless. .

bschao is offline Member

Thanks so much Robert. I'm actually doing ok on 0.5mg so I will stay here until I am fully comfortable going down to 0.25mg..is that ok?
    I have tons of support from family and friends so I am very blessed for that. I am a christian as well, and I know God wouldn't give me anymore than I can handle

For anxiety I think you mentioned kava once? Is that something that would help right away, or since it's a supplement it may take weeks to work? Would that be the BEST supplement for anxiety do you think?

Thanks Robert!

Sherrie

Thanks so much Robert. I'm actually doing ok on 0.5mg so I will stay here until I am fully comfortable going down to 0.25mg..is that ok?
    I have tons of support from family and friends so I am very blessed for that. I am a christian as well, and I know God wouldn't give me anymore than I can handle

For anxiety I think you mentioned kava once? Is that something that would help right away, or since it's a supplement it may take weeks to work? Would that be the BEST supplement for anxiety do you think?

Thanks Robert!

Sherrie

Yes that is fine at .5mg. Kava works fine for most people without having to wait weeks or whatever. It should help you quickly.

Hope Full on the forum (Kristen) is very knowledgeable about supplements too. She has made lots of suggestions for people on here. She just got off subs using this process too. You might ask her as well.

Keep me posted. God bless.

bschao is offline Member

Hi Robert....just an update.
    I'm going to stay on 0.5mg a little while longer and go out and buy some kava. I'll look up Hope Full and see what her journey was. I'll post again when I'm ready to cut down to 0.25mg. If you have any words of wisdom for me..I'd love to hear them

Thanks Robert.

Sherrie

Hi Robert....just an update.
    I'm going to stay on 0.5mg a little while longer and go out and buy some kava. I'll look up Hope Full and see what her journey was. I'll post again when I'm ready to cut down to 0.25mg. If you have any words of wisdom for me..I'd love to hear them

Thanks Robert.

Sherrie

Sherrie ...... My only advice at this low dose and being this close to the end of the process is to take your time just like you're doing. Don't rush anything, a few extra days either way at this point don't really matter. The main thing is to move forward as you feel comfortable doing so.

I have posted a link below to Hope Full's thread (her name is Kristen) and she is very knowledgeable regarding supplements, more so than me in that area. Kristen is a professional in that area and I know she would be willing to make suggestions for you as she has others. I know when someone else is more educated than me in a particular area and have no problem sending someone like you to that person for guidance. Kristen also just finished her sub program off and is clean now too so she has been through all the same things you've gone through. I suggest you contact Kristen for advice as she has suggested some other supplements in addition to kava for the same problem. I know she would be a good resource for you. Hope this helps.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...tml#post292640

Keep me posted and let me know how you are progressing and if I can do anything to help you along. God bless.

bschao is offline Member

Thanks for the advice Robert. I started a post to see if Hope Full with help me with the supplement part. My doctor did give me Vistaril and Xanax but I don't want to take them unless I really need to. I did take a Vistaril the other day and I knocked me out for like 12 hours straight...I didn't like that. I need my sleep, but normal sleep would be nice instead of drug induced.
    Do you know anything about Vistaril and dosages? He gave me 25mg 3 times a day and 2mg of Xanax twice a day as needed. I've been through the benzo thing before with Klonopin so I know how they work.....I was on Klonopin for five years and got off the same time as I did with the percocet and morphine.

Happy Halloween!
    Sherrie

Sherrie ..... Haven't gotten back sooner as Melinda and I were in church all day and up into the evening yesterday with it being halloween. We had programs going for the kids and of course we were volunteering our time as we have a weekly Bible study at our house and had a booth at the halloween fair for the kids. Totally wore us out! I remember now why young people have kids. Old people are good for a while but we give out too soon!

Kirsten hasn't been on a lot since she got clean. When you first log into drugs.com you can go under "COMMUNITY" and then you'll see where it say "support groups". Click that and you'll see "friends" come up. Add her as a friend sending her a note that I told you to ask her about the supplements. She should receive an email from drugs.com and if she sees that I sent you to her I bet she will reply back. Tell her when you send the message that you started a thred to her too. That should do it. Let me know. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.

bschao is offline Member

Hi Robert....wow you have been really busy! We have so many trick or treaters every year it's crazy. I really enjoyed it though last night....all of the little ones are so cute.

Ok, I will do that and hopefully get a reply back from Kirsten. Thanks so much for the help!

Sherrie

bschao is offline Member

Robert..I added her as a friend but I don't see where I can send her a note or an email. I must have missed something....help please

Robert..I added her as a friend but I don't see where I can send her a note or an email. I must have missed something....help please

No you didn't miss anything. Once you made Kristen a friend she will receive an email from drugs.com that you have done that. She should then reciprocate adding you as a mutual friend to her. Then you can post messages back and forth as friends.

The forum quit offering the private message function about a year ago. There were some hassles going on between a few people so admin deleted that function to avoid problems. What can I say? But when people make themselves friends as I've just explained then they can communicate privately as mutual friends on this other section of the web site that I have directed you to.

Kristen is a mutual friend with me. I just sent her a message telling her who you were and that I asked you to contact her. She is very helpful and a nice person. So I'm sure as soon as she sees the email from drugs.com with both your friend status and my request of her to help you she will follow up. Let me know when you hear from her. She will just have to see the email first. Hope that helps. God bless.

bschao is offline Member

Robert..ok so now were mutual friends..how do I send a message to just her?

Thanks!

Robert..ok so now were mutual friends..how do I send a message to just her?

Thanks!

Go back to the other part of the site under community where it says "support groups" where you became friends. You can look at your friend's list and Kristen (Hiope Full) will be there. Then you can send her a direct question and she will get an email from drugs.com telling her you're talking to her. Then you can talk back and forth, it will be sef-explanatory once you begin the process. You can't do private questions on the forum, you have to use the other part of the site. Hope that helps. God bless.

bschao is offline Member

Hi Robert....so Hope Full replied to me about my question I asked her, and now I can't seem to find where her reply is. I looked everywhere and clicked on everything and I can't seem to find it. Can you help me?

Also, I might be having sinus surgery in the near future..soooo....I've been on 0.5mg for a good little while now and I wanted to cut down to 0.25mg before I started skipping but I think I'll start the skipping process tomorrow. What do you think?

Thanks,
    Sherrie

Hi Robert....so Hope Full replied to me about my question I asked her, and now I can't seem to find where her reply is. I looked everywhere and clicked on everything and I can't seem to find it. Can you help me?

Also, I might be having sinus surgery in the near future..soooo....I've been on 0.5mg for a good little while now and I wanted to cut down to 0.25mg before I started skipping but I think I'll start the skipping process tomorrow. What do you think?

Thanks,
    Sherrie

Go back to your friends list on the support group part of the site and you'll find her. I have no access to find her for you. Sorry I can't do more there.

You should start skipping days now if you have upcoming surgery, depending on when it's scheduled.. When is that scheduled? The skipping process takes a good two weeks. When is the surgery? God bless.

bschao is offline Member

IF I end up having it..it's still up in the air, it would probably be in about 2 weeks or so. If I don't skip don't I just quit taking it for a few days then any pain meds they give me will work? This surgery is very painful so unfortunately I will need something. How does that work? I'm not very knowledgeable in that area.

IF I end up having it..it's still up in the air, it would probably be in about 2 weeks or so. If I don't skip don't I just quit taking it for a few days then any pain meds they give me will work? This surgery is very painful so unfortunately I will need something. How does that work? I'm not very knowledgeable in that area.

How quickly we get the full benefit of pain meds can vary a little but if you have a couple weeks I would go ahead and try the skipping and see how you do. I did the skipping from .5mg and did fine and so have others. It's been more recent that people have taken it down to .25mg and even less.

You have done pretty well and I bet you would make it okay. You could get the dose down very low at least skipping and then stop for a few days and see if a pain med works if you do have to do the surgery. This one is your call. I understand your decision either way you go. God bless.

bschao is offline Member

So if I start skipping days, will the pain meds have any effect at all then? I want to make sure my doctor is well informed ya know? Thanks Robert.

So if I start skipping days, will the pain meds have any effect at all then? I want to make sure my doctor is well informed ya know? Thanks Robert.

The subs will still affect the effectiveness of the meds until you complete the skipping. But as the amount of sub in your systems gets down to basically nothing here at the end it won't be a lot. You could be skipping days and then stop a few days and be okay.

Technically you could take the .5mg right up until about 4-5 days before surgery and stop them completely and have the same effect but it willl be more comfortable for you stopping prior to surgery by skipping days.

Plus, like you said, you may not even do the surgery and the skipping would help you get beyond the subs altogether anyway. You would end up clean. Hope that helps and makes sense. God bless.

bschao is offline Member

Ok, thanks Robert. Today is my first day of skipping..I'm quite nervous about it..I just want it all to go smoothly cuz I'm gonna celebrate once this is all over
    I'll know this week probably if I am going to have the sinus surgery so I'll let you know.
    Have a blessed Sunday!

Sherrie

Ok, thanks Robert. Today is my first day of skipping..I'm quite nervous about it..I just want it all to go smoothly cuz I'm gonna celebrate once this is all over
    I'll know this week probably if I am going to have the sinus surgery so I'll let you know.
    Have a blessed Sunday!

Sherrie

Sherrie ...... So if you're online tell me how it went yesterday. I assume you had some apprehension but ithat it was really not a big deal? Tell me I'm right please.

Hope you had a great day and have an awesome one today. Then we have a great two - day skip. Talk to me when you have time.

God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-08-2010 at 01:43 PM.

bschao is offline Member

Hi Robert. It went well yesterday I took my 0.5mg today then skip 2 days. I've been waiting to get off of this med sooo long now, I just can't even put it into words ya know? How long were you on sub? Did it go well when you came off of it..or did you have any setbacks? Just curious.

I'm having a CT Scan of my sinuses tomorrow at noon to see if surgery will be necessary, so I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Have a great day Robert, and I thank God everyday for sending me to this site and finding you as my Angel.

Sherrie

Hi Robert. It went well yesterday I took my 0.5mg today then skip 2 days. I've been waiting to get off of this med sooo long now, I just can't even put it into words ya know? How long were you on sub? Did it go well when you came off of it..or did you have any setbacks? Just curious.

I'm having a CT Scan of my sinuses tomorrow at noon to see if surgery will be necessary, so I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Have a great day Robert, and I thank God everyday for sending me to this site and finding you as my Angel.

Sherrie

Thanks for the kind words. And I don't tell much about my story very often but I started on subs after I had used for 35 years, I used my entire life basically. I was still productive in society's eyes but I used and it was awful far before the end.

When I started using subs I tracked what I did during my days on subs as I wanted off asap. I wasn't playing any games, I had to stop or die. But I didn't want get sick! So the exact process is what is written on the thread posted on the Featured Drugs forum. What's written is what I did. I think I had some apprehention about skipping days and eventially I took a sliver one time. I really didn't need it looking back. I had no one advising me though and I freaked out a little I think.

So when I went thriough doing the taper there were some bumps but nothing that was anything I couldn't handle as I was serious about getting this done. I even became a Christian while going trough my taper. That is another story, the best one for me.. So my life changed a lot during that time, my life totally changed. And it took me about six-plus weeks. I did not have that hard iof a time doing it. Most people end up going from six to eight weeks, maybe a little more, as everyone has different little bumps that are just life..

You can do these next few days, I know you can as so many others have done just like me. Make up your mind and there is no "trying" rather you "just do it!" When you are done (only a couple more doses) you'll be glad you did it I promise you. You will have a few symptoms but you're getting clean. It;s a process rather than an event but you only have to do it once!. The good is lots better than the bad.

JUST DON'T GIVE IN!!! You are there! God bless!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-08-2010 at 03:11 PM.

bschao is offline Member

Thank you Robert for sharing your story. So your whole taper took you 6 weeks or so? What kind of symptoms did you have during the skipping part, and then after the taper was over? My main symptoms this whole time has been the anxiety/panic and the blah feeling of not wanting to do anything. But I've been pretty good at keeping busy....my husband helps me too.

Off to clean the bathrooms!

Sherrie

Thank you Robert for sharing your story. So your whole taper took you 6 weeks or so? What kind of symptoms did you have during the skipping part, and then after the taper was over? My main symptoms this whole time has been the anxiety/panic and the blah feeling of not wanting to do anything. But I've been pretty good at keeping busy....my husband helps me too.

Off to clean the bathrooms!

Sherrie

Symptoms were dealing with a little depression, maybe a little anxiety, they were all manageable symptoms. Bad sleeping habits were the worst for me. They lasted a while.

I kept waiting for the really bad w/d symptoms to hit and by day four I knew that I was clean. And it isn't fair to compare yourself to me with the disgusting using history I have for almost four decades. You shouldn't have as bad of symptoms as me and seriously it wasn't bad.

Try to push yourself getting some exercsize, even if it's going for a walk. Will help with your endorphine production and will help you feel better God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-08-2010 at 04:14 PM.

bschao is offline Member

Big Problem Robert!!!! They want to do my surgery on Thursday (2 days from now). Does that mean that the pain medicine they give won't work at all?? There is a chance it can be done on Monday the 15th.....then what do I do? I'm in total panic mode....help!

Thanks!
    Sherrie

Anonymous Guest

Big Problem Robert!!!! They want to do my surgery on Thursday (2 days from now). Does that mean that the pain medicine they give won't work at all?? There is a chance it can be done on Monday the 15th.....then what do I do? I'm in total panic mode....help!

Thanks!
    Sherrie
    Hi Sherrie
    I will tell Robert to look at your post, he is working on another one right now..
    I know he will think of something dont be scared..
    talk soon, Melinda

Thanks!
    Sherrie

Sherrie ........ RELAX girl! I know you're freaking out right now, and justifiably so, but try to settle down. We'll get you through this trust me.

Knowing how badly even sinus headaches are, I can only imagine that sinus surgery of any seriousness would be a drag, likely causing you bad headaches and significant pain. There is no way that I would do it in two days. That just isn't long enough for you to prepare. You're not on a high dose and we could prepare you pretty quickly but two days is asking a lot of you.

We could work GREAT with the 15th. In fact that would be PERFECT!!! That would not be a problem and I could get you totally ready so that you could do the surgery, then tell them to keep the pain meds to a bare minimum when you leave the hospital for the shortest time possible and we could get you off them without even having to use subs anymore at all if you work with me. We could turn this problem into an advantage for you if you go along with me. Can you set the date for the 15th? If you have to get it done let's get it over with now while we're working together so you don't wait till you're totally clean and then have to start over with pain meds again. We can make this a positive rather than a negative and make you get better all at the same time.

I say set the date for the 15th and we'll have you completely ready. Everything will go fine and I'll stick it out with you until you're totally clean afterwards and do it with no more subs PERIOD!!! Let me know. God bless.

bschao is offline Member

Thanks so much Robert. My doctor is going to call me in the morning to let me know if it's the 11th or the 15th. I told him to really push for the 15th. If not then, I'll have to wait until after Thanksgiving and my sinuses can't wait that long. This is a very painful surgery (and nauseating) so I really need to be able to get through this.
    For example..if I did have to do the 11th...the pain meds they give me would not work at all? This whole suboxone thing is so confusing.

I know you will be there for me....thank the Lord for you!!!!

As soon as I find out in the morning the date, I'll let you know right away.

Sherrie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast