Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
Robert pls help..9 wks pregnant and down to 1 mg of sub after quick taper
    percodeath is offline Member

Default Robert pls help..9 wks pregnant and down to 1 mg of sub after quick taper

Hi Robert

I'm really hoping you can help me here. 4 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant. At the time I had been taking 4-6 mgs a day of suboxone. After discussions with my doctor I decided I wanted off suboxone and was switched to subutex. I began a quick taper with the idea of letting my body be the guide..I cannot go into "severe" wds as this could bring on a miscarraige. Thank God my body has cooperated and although I have suffered some wds, nothing I couldn't deal with. So in 4 weeks I've gotten down to about 1 mg. I say "about" because where I am (Canada) Subutex - preferred over suboxone in pregnancy- is not readily available. In fact my doctor had to break the rules a bit and somehow obtained some 8 mg subutex tabs for me to taper with. But that's all he could get - 8 mg tabs.

It has been a real pain in the ass trying to break a 8 mg subutex into equal 1 mg pieces. It bothers me because I know I cannot be 100% accurate and I'm trying to figure out a way to make dosing more accurate.

Can you help me?? How do I go about dividing up the 8 mg tab so I am able to control the dosing instead of guessing? Also, can you suggest a taper from here on in? How far down should I go? I would still let my body be the guide of course, but I could really use some guidance and support here. I want off so bad. I am highly motivated to do this and do not want to risk having a baby born addicted. Luckily I'm only 9 weeks along but still, the sooner I'm not putting this ???? in my body the better for me and baby. Please please help me!

HenryNCBA is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by percodeath View Post
    Hi Robert

I'm really hoping you can help me here. 4 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant. At the time I had been taking 4-6 mgs a day of suboxone. After discussions with my doctor I decided I wanted off suboxone and was switched to subutex. I began a quick taper with the idea of letting my body be the guide..I cannot go into "severe" wds as this could bring on a miscarraige. Thank God my body has cooperated and although I have suffered some wds, nothing I couldn't deal with. So in 4 weeks I've gotten down to about 1 mg. I say "about" because where I am (Canada) Subutex - preferred over suboxone in pregnancy- is not readily available. In fact my doctor had to break the rules a bit and somehow obtained some 8 mg subutex tabs for me to taper with. But that's all he could get - 8 mg tabs.

It has been a real pain in the ass trying to break a 8 mg subutex into equal 1 mg pieces. It bothers me because I know I cannot be 100% accurate and I'm trying to figure out a way to make dosing more accurate.

Can you help me?? How do I go about dividing up the 8 mg tab so I am able to control the dosing instead of guessing? Also, can you suggest a taper from here on in? How far down should I go? I would still let my body be the guide of course, but I could really use some guidance and support here. I want off so bad. I am highly motivated to do this and do not want to risk having a baby born addicted. Luckily I'm only 9 weeks along but still, the sooner I'm not putting this ???? in my body the better for me and baby. Please please help me!
    Hang on Percodeath,
    Robert should be along shortly. Actually it is much easier to work with Subutex than Suboxone which contains Naloxoe which some folks develop a negative reaction to. If you tapered yourself down to 1mgs you did great!
    I'll check on you from time to time as I now have you flagged for follow up. If Robert doesn't get back to you right away he is pretty busy so he may be away from his computer and I can get hold of him for you.
    You will be fine. Really! Just try to relax. I know it isn't easy but you and baby will be alright.

Henry
    Hopewins likes this.

Thanks for replying to me Getting down to 1 was no easy task but really when I compare it to the wds I had jumping from 160 mgs+ a day of oxy this is a cakewalk. I found dropping from 6-3 to be the worst. Oddly enough the rest of it hasn't been too awful. Maybe I'm just getting used to feeling ?????? lol. But now I'm stressing a bit because I cannot know the exact dose and this morning for example worried I might have taken a bit more then 1/2 mg so tonight will have to try and figure out what "chip" off the tab will be closest to a little less then 1/2 mg..it's ridiculous and I'm really hoping to find a way to make the dosing exact. I've thought of crushing it up into a powder and eyeing it best I can..i dunno. I've also seen the liquid taper plan but worry if I somehow mess it up I'll be outta luck til Tuesday when I see my doctor again.

I'll keep an eye out for any messages, I'm looking forward to getting some input. Have you any experience with this? I asked for Robert because he seems to be the resident expert on all things sub but really would appreciate any advice from people with experience with this. Thanks a lot!! I appreciate the help

shldveknwn is offline Junior Member

Thanks for replying to me Getting down to 1 was no easy task but really when I compare it to the wds I had jumping from 160 mgs+ a day of oxy this is a cakewalk. I found dropping from 6-3 to be the worst. Oddly enough the rest of it hasn't been too awful. Maybe I'm just getting used to feeling ?????? lol. But now I'm stressing a bit because I cannot know the exact dose and this morning for example worried I might have taken a bit more then 1/2 mg so tonight will have to try and figure out what "chip" off the tab will be closest to a little less then 1/2 mg..it's ridiculous and I'm really hoping to find a way to make the dosing exact. I've thought of crushing it up into a powder and eyeing it best I can..i dunno. I've also seen the liquid taper plan but worry if I somehow mess it up I'll be outta luck til Tuesday when I see my doctor again.

I'll keep an eye out for any messages, I'm looking forward to getting some input. Have you any experience with this? I asked for Robert because he seems to be the resident expert on all things sub but really would appreciate any advice from people with experience with this. Thanks a lot!! I appreciate the help
    You're in good hands percodeath...Henry and Robert are a dynamic duo. They have some great advice and pointers with the dosages, I couldn't agree more with how difficult it is trying to figure out which "chip" looks right. You look at it and think "I want .25 mg...yeah it looks like there's 32 of these in a pill."

Just hang in there, listen to what they say and you'll be great! Best of luck to you and your baby!

Hi Percodeath,
    I have no experience with sub tapers with someone that is pregnant although I have now helped quite a few folks come clean. As a general rule the plan calls for 4 days at the current dose then taper down by 25% to the next level dose for another 4 days and so on. Some folks need an extra day and may go 5 days but the reduction in general is no more than 25%. Any more and negative reactions usually appear. Everyone is different so no one shoe fits all. Subs are powerful meds with strength of 30 to 40 times that of morphine with all variables being equal. They also have a long half life of up to 72 hours so what a person takes today they may feel great in a couple to few hours but in 3 to 4 days may not. There is a fine line of walking the fence line when using subs and it is all too easy to stray off course hence all the horror stories. Subs only work efficiently in a very narrow spectrum of us and being so powerful combined with the long half life mixed with peoples propensity for wanting immediate relief the algorithm gets pretty convoluted days out so you can see where things go haywire.
    The most accurate way to measure without having a lab would be to use a lab scale but not everyone has one of those so the next best thing would be to get a good pill cutter, if pills are used instead of the newer strips, and cut the pill in half. This gives two equal halves of 4 mgs each. Then cut each of those halves in half which gives 4 pieces of 2 mgs each. Cut each of those in half and you have 8 pieces of 1 mgs each. At this point it gets pretty hard to cut as it looks like a broken jagged piece of white chalk. I found it easiest to just crush the 1 mgs pieces and using a marble counter top, mirror, piece of picture frame glass or any other non porous piece of flat surface and taking a single edged razor blade start dividing up the 1 mgs into 10 separate tiny little piles. Each pile will be .10 mgs and when you get down to the micro doses you can split those .10 mgs in half for .05 mgs and so on. I can do the math for you if you like. Separate and mark each dose in separate containers. For the larger piles a used and clean but dried out contact lens case works well. If you put it into a fold type of container make sure to put it into the prescription bottle when you go out as if for some odd reason you are pulled over or the police discover it you can justify it easier rather than them holding a folded piece of paper with cocaine like substance inside it. Just don't need the hassles is bottom line. Also when "chopping" up the pills make sure to do it when you are wide awake and away from others for obvious reasons and with no distractions. I made the mistake of having nephews making all sorts of noises, my dog bugging me and other things happened and I was supposed to be taking 1/2 a mg or .5 mgs but I had the 2 mgs tablets so I kept thinking 1/2, 1/2, 1/2 so I took half a pill. About 45 minutes later I started feeling really strange and to my horror discovered in my absent mindedness I took half alright. Not half a mg but half a whole tablet. Fortunately I only had the 2mg tablets at that time but had I the 8mg size I would have been in real trouble.
    If you are down to 1mg per day just cutting it as close as you can will be alright. Try to be accurate though but without precise scientific equipment cutting it as near perfect as you can will be alright.
    The liquid method may work for some but I am skeptical about the absorption rate as subs are a sublingual tablet meaning they absorb through the mucus membranes in your mouth. For some reasons some doctors tell people to spit it out I have no idea why but you don't want to spit it out. Also to get maximum possible absorption you want to keep the sub impregnated saliva in your mouth for as long as you can preferably under the tongue but if too much accumulates swish it around and keep it as stationary as possible alongside your gums inside your cheeks then swallow. Some folks just swallow the tablet but it will not absorb efficiently in the digestive system due to the break down with acids and bile in the gut. Another thing with the liquid method is you spread out the chemicals over a larger area meaning it dilutes where as with pills, crumbs or powder it has more direct contact with the membranes under the tongue. Hope that makes sense. Others swear by that method though.
    A couple things I would like to mention though is with subs more is not better but less is more. When in doubt don't take but tough it out and wait for instructions. Many folks get into trouble because a symptom will pop up and they panic. The will take for example 1 mg and in 15 to 20 minutes not feel any better so take another 1 mg and in half an hour still not feel great so take another 1 mg then they are jumping up and down how they beat the addiction because they feel great or are feeling like death run over them. Either way they just consumed 3 mgs on top of what their normal dose would be. Then in 3 or 4 days real trouble hits because of the long half life and also right about that time is when they reduce to the next level dose so you can see where things really get convoluted.
    Hope this helps.
    If I can be of help let me know.

Henry

Default Sub plan

Percodeath--Robert and Henry are the best. Robert's had more experience with Sub withdrawal than most physicians.
    Warning--I've seen more people get into trouble with Sub withdrawal by going by their feelings and "letting their body be their guide". The success stories here are people that rode out their feelings (which are most part only temporary) and followed Robert's and Henry's advice to the letter.
    If things don't go as you expect, Robert and/or Henry are readily available to offer advice with any problems. Have all the feelings you want , but let Robert and Henry guide your actions.

Thank you so much for replying!! The only issue I have with cutting the subutex is the shape of them! They are oval and I find no matter how hard I try I end up with uneven pieces. It's downright ridiculous trying to figure it out. I wonder if I'm better off just crushing the darn thing and dividing up that way. Or weighing the tab on a digital and dividing that weight by 8 to come up with what a 1 mg pile should weigh..hmm. I agree about the liquid process though, I don't think I want to try that. This is stressing me out because not knowing is driving me nuts. lol. Maybe a little ocd going on but when I knew exactly what I was getting I was in a better state mentally. I just hate not really knowing - I want to be solid in my taper like I have been.

In the last hour I started feeling REALLY ????..moreso then usual and sure enough I look at my 8 mg sub and noticed the score in the center..well where I've been chipping away there's a lot left! Really if I was at 1 mg I should only have almost just half a pill - I've had this 8 mg since Wednesday!! So since Wednesday I've probably been taking closer to .75 then a mg..now I'm happy I've taken less but man, am I feeling it all of a sudden. I just took a little bit. Hopefully I can find a way to do this. Cutting would work better if these weren't so oval shaped!

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Thank you so much for replying!! The only issue I have with cutting the subutex is the shape of them! They are oval and I find no matter how hard I try I end up with uneven pieces. It's downright ridiculous trying to figure it out. I wonder if I'm better off just crushing the darn thing and dividing up that way. Or weighing the tab on a digital and dividing that weight by 8 to come up with what a 1 mg pile should weigh..hmm. I agree about the liquid process though, I don't think I want to try that. This is stressing me out because not knowing is driving me nuts. lol. Maybe a little ocd going on but when I knew exactly what I was getting I was in a better state mentally. I just hate not really knowing - I want to be solid in my taper like I have been.

percodeath...... I can help you with diviiding the pills. That is the least of our worries I assure you. Doing this while pregnant and in your first trimester we want to go slowly with this last 1mg. You can ask Stacey you talked with on the other thread. I replied to you there as well. I had her tapering by .1 - .2mg MAX at a time. You have other things going on while you're pregnant and if you'll listen to me you'll get through this totally clean with next to no symptoms whatsoever. I know how to do this. It's strange that so many girls have shown up here pregnant lately, but I haven't had a problem with any of them that have listened. One girll, Crystal, got here with only a few weeks to go before the baby was due and I haven't heard from her in a few days so she may be having her baby, I don't know. But as much time as we have to do this I can help you and you won't suffer at all nor will the baby. And you will feel SOOO good about yourself doing this for your baby! How long have you been at 1mg and how are your symptoms right now and since tapering from say 2mg down to 1mg? God bless.
    HenryNCBA and Hopewins like this.

Shrimpboat - I understand what your sayng and believe me I've rode out A LOT in these last few weeks. I've stuck to a quick taper and come down to 1 mg from 4-6 a day. Actually less then a mg now, more like .75 I think. What I mean by letting my body be the guide is that I need to make sure I don't suffer severe wds as I could lose this baby especially being in the first trimester. I was told specifically by my OB to watch for severe symptoms and excessive cramping. thankfully I have not had to deal with anything severe so I have not had to stray once from decreasing. I plan on following this through to the end and getting off asap.

Being on sub especially during my first trimester has caused me so much worry. Every night I pray to God to please let the baby be ok. My OB said the recent mother study that followed bupe/methadone taking pregnant women showed no increase in defects so that made me feel a little better but really I want off asap. The less time my baby is exposed to this the better. Now if I could just figure out how to make an 8 mg tab into equal doses I'd be happy.

percodeath .... this is the third time I've replied to you and you keep asking about and freaking out about diividing the pills accurately. I told you I could help you. I will wait to hear from you if you want my help. It's your call. God bless.

Robert there you are!!

I just read through Crystal's thread. Praying she and baby are ok. And as you know I also read through Stacey's latest post and let me say I think your an ANGEL!! You have helped so many woman and their babies. To think there are many babies who were born and did not have to spend days/weeks/months in the NICU withdrawling from this stuff because you helped their mommies get off. That is amazing and I really feel like God lead me here. I haven't been on here in awhile. When I first started my account it was way back when I began getting addicted to percs. I wish it would have ended there but nope, I ended up being a full blown oxy addict. But that's all water under the bridge..btw, my name is Jodie and I'm so happy to meet you!

Ok here's where I'm at. 4 weeks ago I began tapering from 4-6 mgs a day of sub. I am now down to about 1 mg, maybe a little less. I was given a 8 mg tab of subutex on Wednesday and have more of the pill then I *should* have so my guess is I'm closer to .75. (This is why I need help figuring out how to split up my pill) I can only get 8 mg subutex. In Canada Subutex is not readily available and my doc broke the rules a bit and somehow got me some but could only get 8 mg tabs so trying to figure out how to accurately dose has been fun. Every day around 3:30 - 4:30 I take my second dose (I split into 2 doses) but today at 2 pm I started feeling really ?????? - moreso then I have yet so I took my dose early. Not a lot (I still have "more" then I should have left of my 8 mg pill) I feel ok now. Some sweats but nothing too bad.

I'm horrible in math lol..so what is a .1 or a .2? I understand .75 is 3/4 of a pill and .5 is half and .25 is a quarter of one but other then that I'm clueless. So far I've dropped rapidly but lately have been dropping in .25's. Now I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm all ears on how to go about this. I will follow your instructions to the letter. And I really appreciate the time your taking in helping me and others get through this. As I said, I am sure God sent me here. I've been trying so hard to do this and God knows it hasn't been easy. Some days I feel like uggh why can't this be over. A month is a long time to feel like ????. Honestly though I cannot complain too much. Overall it hasn't been as bad as I would have thought. I found a lot is mental. My mindset has changed and I'm soo focused on this I really don't let myself dwell on negative thoughts that do creep in. At first those thoughts were often but I would just shut them down lol. Soon as I became to realize "hey, I'm really doing this!!" I felt more confident and as I watched myself keep dropping (and survive it!) I feel pretty good that I'll get this done. I want to so bad and have to for my baby. No way in heck am I going to risk my baby having to wd from sub or be in the NICU for wds. The thought of that keeps me HIGHLY motivated to keep going with this and stay strong and keep the big picture in front of me.

My only fear is that post detox I'll get hit with the debilitating depression and anxiety I did when I jumped from oxy. I'm hoping that because I'm tapering it will make a difference. When I jumped from oxy it was from almost 200 mgs a day. Hell on earth for a week but I got through it. What did me in was the depression/panic attacks. But I keep telling myself this is NOT oxy and I am NOT cold turkeying it. Hope that makes a difference with the mental ???? post jump.

Sorry for the looong post. I've just gone the last weeks not really having anyone to talk to about this and my feelings. I've gotten myself this far but really need help/guidance bringing it the rest of the way. So I've been at (I'm guessing) about .75 since Wednesday. Overall not doing too bad. What's the next step..and HOW do I divide the rest of this pill??? Thank you!!
    Hopewins likes this.

PS. sorry I missed your first repies..I was typing here and did not see the other posts. Yes, I admit I am freaking out about dividing the doses. I just want to be doing this right. Like I said in my post above, I would LOVE and appreciate your help in getting through this. I'm all ears. The post above has the info you need to get me started I think. Let me know what the plan is and if you need any other info.

Ahh looks like your offline now..ok I'll keep checking in for your response. Btw, I think the influx of pregnant woman is thanks to google (and God?)lol. I typed in "tapering off sub pregnant" and landed here at Stacey's thread. Then I remembered I set an account up a long time ago. Ok, well I'm sorry I missed you. Like I said, I was typing a response and didn't see your posts at first. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Robert there you are!!

I just read through Crystal's thread. Praying she and baby are ok. And as you know I also read through Stacey's latest post and let me say I think your an ANGEL!! You have helped so many woman and their babies. To think there are many babies who were born and did not have to spend days/weeks/months in the NICU withdrawling from this stuff because you helped their mommies get off. That is amazing and I really feel like God lead me here. I haven't been on here in awhile. When I first started my account it was way back when I began getting addicted to percs. I wish it would have ended there but nope, I ended up being a full blown oxy addict. But that's all water under the bridge..btw, my name is Jodie and I'm so happy to meet you!

Ok here's where I'm at. 4 weeks ago I began tapering from 4-6 mgs a day of sub. I am now down to about 1 mg, maybe a little less. I was given a 8 mg tab of subutex on Wednesday and have more of the pill then I *should* have so my guess is I'm closer to .75. (This is why I need help figuring out how to split up my pill) I can only get 8 mg subutex. In Canada Subutex is not readily available and my doc broke the rules a bit and somehow got me some but could only get 8 mg tabs so trying to figure out how to accurately dose has been fun. Every day around 3:30 - 4:30 I take my second dose (I split into 2 doses) but today at 2 pm I started feeling really ?????? - moreso then I have yet so I took my dose early. Not a lot (I still have "more" then I should have left of my 8 mg pill) I feel ok now. Some sweats but nothing too bad.

I'm horrible in math lol..so what is a .1 or a .2? I understand .75 is 3/4 of a pill and .5 is half and .25 is a quarter of one but other then that I'm clueless. So far I've dropped rapidly but lately have been dropping in .25's. Now I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm all ears on how to go about this. I will follow your instructions to the letter. And I really appreciate the time your taking in helping me and others get through this. As I said, I am sure God sent me here. I've been trying so hard to do this and God knows it hasn't been easy. Some days I feel like uggh why can't this be over. A month is a long time to feel like ????. Honestly though I cannot complain too much. Overall it hasn't been as bad as I would have thought. I found a lot is mental. My mindset has changed and I'm soo focused on this I really don't let myself dwell on negative thoughts that do creep in. At first those thoughts were often but I would just shut them down lol. Soon as I became to realize "hey, I'm really doing this!!" I felt more confident and as I watched myself keep dropping (and survive it!) I feel pretty good that I'll get this done. I want to so bad and have to for my baby. No way in heck am I going to risk my baby having to wd from sub or be in the NICU for wds. The thought of that keeps me HIGHLY motivated to keep going with this and stay strong and keep the big picture in front of me.

My only fear is that post detox I'll get hit with the debilitating depression and anxiety I did when I jumped from oxy. I'm hoping that because I'm tapering it will make a difference. When I jumped from oxy it was from almost 200 mgs a day. Hell on earth for a week but I got through it. What did me in was the depression/panic attacks. But I keep telling myself this is NOT oxy and I am NOT cold turkeying it. Hope that makes a difference with the mental ???? post jump.

Sorry for the looong post. I've just gone the last weeks not really having anyone to talk to about this and my feelings. I've gotten myself this far but really need help/guidance bringing it the rest of the way. So I've been at (I'm guessing) about .75 since Wednesday. Overall not doing too bad. What's the next step..and HOW do I divide the rest of this pill??? Thank you!!

I am glad to meet you Jodie! I wasn't off line I was just putting some thought into your reply. I love helping moms make sure their little ones are born clean! That glorifies God as He loves little babies!! I abused opiates for 35 years and everything I do today on this forum is to glorify Him for allowing me to live. When I jumped from Roxies I was taking close to 1000mg each day plus lots of other garbage, over 100 pills a day of assorted drugs. So I am a walking miracle to be alive. I've been clean nine years thanks to Christ saving me from myself.

I am glad you have subutex. Any sub dr dealing with a girl that is pregnant and doesn't give her subutex doesn't know what he is doing. So your dr did right by you. That makes me pleased as so many sub drs are totally confused. Suboxone has naloxone which is totally unnecessary for the baby. The thing here is that with you being in the first trimester you need to slow it down just a little at this point. It gets critical on the tapering on the last 1mg. That is what is safest for the baby I promise you.

I need to make sure we are on the same page here. .75mg is less than 1mg, it's not 3/4 of a pill. So are you on 3/4 of a pill or .75mg? I think you are on .75mg since you said you got down to 1mg. I am assuming you are dividing the .75mg and taking half of the dose twice daily. Just want to be sure I understand everything correctly.

The 8mg subutex is oval shaped with a score (or line) across the middle of it dividing it in half. So what you need to do it get a single-edged razor and gently slice that pill in half along the score line. That leaves you with two 4mg pieces. Then take one of the 4mg pieces and gently slice it in half from where the score line was to the end that is oval shaped. If you press down too hard you'll crush it but it will cut nicely with a good razor if you do it easily. Don't bother with a pill cutter as they will just make a mess. So now you will have two 2mg pieces and a 4mg piece from that one pill.

Take one of the 2mg pieces and get a mirror or a picture frame with a glass cover. Crush the pill totally into powder. DON'T SNORT IT!!!! Just joking, I know you won't snort it! Now just eyeball the rest of this. Use the razor blade to divide the 2mg into four equal .5mg piles. Getting it as close as you can by eyeing it is plenty close for our purposes. Don't crush up any more than 2mg at a time or you'll make a mess. If you need .75mg you just take one of the .5mg piles and half of one of the other .5mg piles which will be .25mg and you have .75mg total.

Don't trip out over this. I will tell you what to do until you have this down to an art form! It's really not difficult at all. We just need to communicate daily through this last mg and get you clean with the most comfort possible.

I would suggest that if you take half of one of the piles that you use a little post-it note to label what is left. Those piles get so small that you'll get confused as to what is left in each pile. Then put the mirror or picture frame up somewhere safe where the lines won't get mixed together.

You should remain at the .75mg dose for a good four days or so. Then we will determine together what you should reduce to based on how you feel. Just keep me posted. If you have any symptoms tell me as I always have tricks up my sleeve for anything that happens I assure you. This will be a piece of cake if you just stick with me and do EXACTLY what I ask of you. You'll be clean for your baby in no time at all. Tell me anything else I can help you with to make this easier for you.

My only other suggestion at this point is that with the small dose you're down to it would probably be LOTS easier for you to just dose ONCE each day. Subs last a long time, the half life is up to 72 hours. I usually suggest dosing only once a day under 1mg. It's your call but it would make all this cutting up doses so much easier for you if we only did it once each day say somewhere around mid day. Let me know what you think. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-05-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Hi Jodie,
    Personally I prefer to use your real name as "Percodeath" just doesn't have a good ring to it if you know what I mean.
    My apologies for not replying earlier as I was dealing with something. During days I monitor this site from my office and evenings via phone or home computer.
    I see Robert and you are communicating so I will leave you in his care as I mentioned I have no experience with sub tapers with pregnant women and wouldn't want to give the wrong advice. You are in the best of hands so no worries ok? Just follow Robert's recommendations to the letter and you will be done with this in no time and remember you only have to do this just once! I will still be around checking up on you and cheering you on.
    Did I say you were awesome doing this?

Henry

Robert Thank you so much for replying. Ok I totally get what to do with the pill. Yes I am down to about .75 of a mg so I'll follow the instructions exactly and stick to that dose for the next 4 days. I think the post it note is a great idea, yes it could be easy to get confused so I'll do that.

My main wd symptoms are restless legs and anxiety. I'm not sure if I can take Hylands restful legs pregnant so I've just relied on baths to help. Any suggestions? What can I take for anxiety? Prior to being pregnant I'd get xanax on occasion but since I'm pregnant I can't take them. Anything that you know of that I CAN take for anxiety? Sleep is an issue but luckily only the odd night so far. If you can suggest some things to help those symptoms that would be great. Sometimes I get headaches too but regular Tylenol seems to work well for those.

I will keep in contact and let you know how it's going. Again THANK YOU so much for your help! I feel better knowing I found someone who knows how to go about doing this. I'll post again tommorow and let you know how I'm d/oing

Henry Yes, Jodie is fine. Lol, I came up with that screen name a few years ago and admit I really dislike it but that's what I picked at the time for some reason.

I feel so grateful to have found this place again. It's assuring to have help to get through this and very inspiring seeing the other people, pregnant women in particular, who have been able to do this with the help here. I can't wait to finally be free!!

Post Anxiety

Anxiety--that's a tough one. It feels so horrible. And ,for those of us that are used to putting something in our mouths or up our noses or in our veins, we think first to TAKE SOMETHING when we feel anxious.
    But I have found that when I'm anxious, I have got to STOP thinking. It gets worse if I think about it.
    I meditate, or exercise, or read a good book, or Hollywood gossip column. Anxiety is so unpleasant--and my first thought is, "What can I take?" To fight it, I'm trying to make that my last thought. I'd be interested to hear what other people use to combat anxiety without putting something in their bodies.

Robert Thank you so much for replying. Ok I totally get what to do with the pill. Yes I am down to about .75 of a mg so I'll follow the instructions exactly and stick to that dose for the next 4 days. I think the post it note is a great idea, yes it could be easy to get confused so I'll do that.

My main wd symptoms are restless legs and anxiety. I'm not sure if I can take Hylands restful legs pregnant so I've just relied on baths to help. Any suggestions? What can I take for anxiety? Prior to being pregnant I'd get xanax on occasion but since I'm pregnant I can't take them. Anything that you know of that I CAN take for anxiety? Sleep is an issue but luckily only the odd night so far. If you can suggest some things to help those symptoms that would be great. Sometimes I get headaches too but regular Tylenol seems to work well for those.

I will keep in contact and let you know how it's going. Again THANK YOU so much for your help! I feel better knowing I found someone who knows how to go about doing this. I'll post again tommorow and let you know how I'm d/oing

Jodie ..... I would ask the OBGYN about the Hylands Restful Legs but I think it would probably be okay. Being in your first trimester the anxiety thing is a little tougher. Even a supplement like Kava that is basically harmless is NOT to be used by someone pregnant, especially during the first trimester. It will pass directly to the baby which is why the dr doesn't want you taking the xanax. A baby on benzos is not a pretty sight! You really have to watch it closely what you put into your system at this time. I would never suggest you take anything if I wasn't sure about it.

Take a good walk around the block a time or two, it will help get your natural endorphines working and will help. Stay busy, just push yourself physically a little based on your physical condition. Hot showers will help with anxiety.

Being in the first trimester is the reason I said that you need to slow down this taper a little at the very lowest doses. Sometimes this is where it gets the trickiest and I know how to get you through this time. Just stay positive and focused and in a very short time you will be totally clean for you and your baby. Hope that help you some. God bless.
    shrimpboat 1942 likes this.

I totally agree with you and so does my OB. I was lucky enough to get a consultation with an OB who takes care of pregnant women on methadone and although she gave me her blessing to taper when I went to see her recently and told her how much I'd tapered in just a few weeks she was really surprised and told me I was doing great but also told me I might want to "hold" at 1 mg for awhile. I did and only recently have attempted to get lower in the last few days.

Yes the hot (but not too hot) baths help so much when the rls gets going. I will try and get out for more excercise. I'll force myself to go for walks and try and get my natural endorphins going. This morning I feel ok but prior to taking my dose I woke up from the rls. I swear that rls literally wakes me out of a sleep! I will ask about taking Hylands.

I'll check in later tonight. Again THANK YOU so much for taking me on. Words cannot express how much I appreciate it and how much better I feel mentally about it knowing I have help from someone who has successfully helped other preggo's like me get off Have a great day!!
    Robert_325 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

so good to see you pregnant ladies doing the right thing by yourselves and your babies...

too many stay on, and end up with a drug addicted baby, ive seen it often, a good friend of mine had her baby on methadone, and the poor buggar was born, and had to be given tiny doses of morphine as it was obvious he was withdrawing...

good on ya jodie, keep it up. you are doing a wonderful thing.. you should be proud of yourself... check out a couple of the other threads about pregnant women coming off... that will give you some good insights,,,

good on ya mate
    cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by shrimpboat 1942 View Post
    Anxiety--that's a tough one. It feels so horrible. And ,for those of us that are used to putting something in our mouths or up our noses or in our veins, we think first to TAKE SOMETHING when we feel anxious.
    But I have found that when I'm anxious, I have got to STOP thinking. It gets worse if I think about it.
    I meditate, or exercise, or read a good book, or Hollywood gossip column. Anxiety is so unpleasant--and my first thought is, "What can I take?" To fight it, I'm trying to make that my last thought. I'd be interested to hear what other people use to combat anxiety without putting something in their bodies.

shrimpboat ...... I agree with you. Anxiety is rough and most people don't know how bad it can get. I abused myself for 35 years with drugs, and consequently have permanent CNS damage. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and can't even sit down to watch tv. I will find myself bouncing off the walls. I have literally gone to walmart at 3:00 AM just to walk around as I couldn't even sit still.

I have gotten better at changing my mindset though and that helps. Being a Christian I find LOTS of relief at the worst times through prayer. The other night I woke up and even though I had done it before I read the entire book of Genesis in the Bible. There are 50 chapters in Genesis so it took me a good while. However by the time I finished I had calmed down and was able to go back to sleep afterwards.

Just as people can visualize seeing themselves accomplishing certain things and it helps them in being successful the same is true for anxiety. Quite often we can tell our minds that it's time to focus on positive things and ignore the anxiety and the power of the mind is very strong. Most anything our mind can conceive and truly believe we can achieve, even when we are in the middle of a bad anxiety attack. It doesn't always work but the longer we practice at it the better we become at overcoming it. God bless.
    shrimpboat 1942 likes this.

Shrimpboat, I'm also curious to hear how other people handle it. Your right though, distraction can work wonders. Breathing excercises *sometimes* help me slow it down. I'm thinking about checking into a prenatal yoga class for both the physical and mental benefits that come from it.

Default Yoga!

What a terrific idea! Exercise and relaxation all rolled into one.

Jodie ..... Just checking up on you. Will be in church today, home this afternoon. Let me know later today when you get a chance how things are going. God bless.

Default Jodie checking up on you

Jodie,
    How are you doing?
    Let us know okay?

Henry

Hello, Just checking in. Well yesterday was a rough day. I ended up having some spotting and went to the ER. Unfortunately after waiting HOURS the ultrasound dept was closed for the day so they gave me an appointment to go back today. I got home last night and basically went straight to bed. This morning I had the ultrasound and thank God all is well with the baby. He/she is measuring right on track and had a nice strong heartbeat of 175 bpm. The downer was they could not find the source of my spotting which is kind of frustrating. It would be nice to know but the doctor said everything looks great and that sometimes spotting happens and they just don't know why. My official due date is March 7

This morning wds woke me up out of my sleep. Not horrible wds but uncomfortable enough to wake me and I could not for the life of me get back to bed so I had a bath and hoped that would relax the rls enough to get back to sleep for a bit but it didn't. I held off from 4:30 am when this happened til 6:30 am to take my dose. But this afternoon I am feeling rough again It seems taking one dose instead of splitting it into two causes me to have more wds. I cannot figure out why if I'm taking the same amount per day regardless of dosing once or twice. Any thoughts on this? Maybe I have an ultra-fast metabolism?? My legs are driving me nuts and I'm really tempted to take a little more to settle it down but I don't know if I should? I hate to go backwards but this spotting thing makes me think maybe I shouldn't be pushing my luck with wds right now. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks!!

Hello, Just checking in. Well yesterday was a rough day. I ended up having some spotting and went to the ER. Unfortunately after waiting HOURS the ultrasound dept was closed for the day so they gave me an appointment to go back today. I got home last night and basically went straight to bed. This morning I had the ultrasound and thank God all is well with the baby. He/she is measuring right on track and had a nice strong heartbeat of 175 bpm. The downer was they could not find the source of my spotting which is kind of frustrating. It would be nice to know but the doctor said everything looks great and that sometimes spotting happens and they just don't know why. My official due date is March 7

This morning wds woke me up out of my sleep. Not horrible wds but uncomfortable enough to wake me and I could not for the life of me get back to bed so I had a bath and hoped that would relax the rls enough to get back to sleep for a bit but it didn't. I held off from 4:30 am when this happened til 6:30 am to take my dose. But this afternoon I am feeling rough again It seems taking one dose instead of splitting it into two causes me to have more wds. I cannot figure out why if I'm taking the same amount per day regardless of dosing once or twice. Any thoughts on this? Maybe I have an ultra-fast metabolism?? My legs are driving me nuts and I'm really tempted to take a little more to settle it down but I don't know if I should? I hate to go backwards but this spotting thing makes me think maybe I shouldn't be pushing my luck with wds right now. Please let me know what I should do. Thanks!!

Jodie ...... take care of yourself. And to answer your question about dosing the answer is very simple. If dosing twice a day is easier on you then dose twice a day. I don't want you in w/d at this time. Some people do metabolize a particular drug faster than another person. But the bottom line is for whatever reason that dosing twice works best for you do it. I would not increase the dose though. Dose twice a day and see if that helps along with hot baths, light exercise, etc. Keep me posted how you're doing. God bless.
    HenryNCBA likes this.

Thanks for the quick response Robert!! Yes I'll go back to splitting the dose up to twice a day again as that seemed to work a lot better. Kinda bums me out though..I mean eventually this has to stop altogether and well, it's a little discouraging that my body isn't cooperating with once a day dosing. But your right - I need to go easy on myself right now. Thing is I took my entire .75 dose this morning like I did yesterday morning. The wds woke me right up this morning and I thought maybe I should go back to twice a day dosing but because I didn't have time to check with you on that and had to rush out to the hospital I just took it all at once. Now I am feeling really ??????. Should I take a bit to settle the wds down a little and resume 2x a day dosing tommorow? My gut tells me I should because if I feel like this now I can imagine how I'm going to feel tonight. I hate to take a step back but at the same time these wds are pretty rotten..please let me know what I should do.
    HenryNCBA likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast