Seroquel
    Dopesick420 is offline Member

Default Seroquel

So, im in pretty bad opiate withdrawal. Havent slept in weeks. Got ahold of some Seroquel, hoping for some sleep. After some quick research, im not sure if i would be more lethargic taking this stuff, then having to live (i do physical work) the next day, or not getting sleep at all?

SO basically, no sleep and try to not shoot myself, or take the 'Quel and have hangover zombie status the next day. Whats worse?

Thanks.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dopesick420 View Post
    So, im in pretty bad opiate withdrawal. Havent slept in weeks. Got ahold of some Seroquel, hoping for some sleep. After some quick research, im not sure if i would be more lethargic taking this stuff, then having to live (i do physical work) the next day, or not getting sleep at all?

SO basically, no sleep and try to not shoot myself, or take the 'Quel and have hangover zombie status the next day. Whats worse?

Thanks.
    I take 50 mg seroquel to sleep sometimes and I dont feel bad in the morning !

Aladdinsane is offline New Member

Default seroquel

You`ll have to wait about a week before the lethargic feeling of Seroquel goes away. Keep your dosage below 100mg unless you want to be nodding again like on >>>>>>. Seroquel is very sedative and gives hunger.

Selfishself is offline Member

Seroquel was amazing the first two days of W/D. It knocked me on my butt and I have taken every sleeping pill known to man. Last night I ran out and only managed to get 3 hours of sleep. Even at 25mg the stuff will put you out. Hell if I had more I would just sleep through the five or six days of withdrawals.

On another note. the Seroquel did seem to help my knee pain for some odd reason.

Hope this helps,

- Selfish

disabledleo is offline Member

Default It will knock you out

I was on it for awhile & only stopped because of fears of a fire or something & my girls not being able to wake me or carry me to saftey. I am 6' 245 pounds & in good shape & some days 25mgs is all I needed & others 100mgs. So I would suggest you starting small & going from there to keep the hang over down.

Good luck & I'm getting my dr to write me a script tomorrow for this again.

Hope this helps. Just don't take too much

Quote Originally Posted by disabledleo View Post
    I was on it for awhile & only stopped because of fears of a fire or something & my girls not being able to wake me or carry me to saftey. I am 6' 245 pounds & in good shape & some days 25mgs is all I needed & others 100mgs. So I would suggest you starting small & going from there to keep the hang over down.

Agreed. Do not take to much or else the next two days will be filled with confusion and brain fog.

Default a few days

Quote Originally Posted by disabledleo View Post

I was actually prescribed this drug by a psychiatrist for sleep and anxiety conditions. I have to admit, it really did help me sleep and I felt good the next morning, a little dopey, but good overall. However, I did some research and asked the pharmacist about this medicine b/c some common side effects (and yes these are common) are increased LDL cholesterol levels, higher blood sugar counts, and big time increase in appetite. It is a good drug that helps many, but I stopped taking it after only 2 days b/c u really have to be monitored on this medication and have your blood and cholesterol levels checked regularly, and for diabetics, this medicine is a no no. Also, u cannot take any kind of SSRI meds in combo with Seroquil. Very dangerous interaction. Kinda stunk for me b/c I liked how it made me feel but I felt it was not worth the risks associated with taking it, esp. if u have high blood pressure, weight problems, heart problems or high cholesterol.

Quote Originally Posted by primetimegrape View Post
    I was actually prescribed this drug by a psychiatrist for sleep and anxiety conditions. I have to admit, it really did help me sleep and I felt good the next morning, a little dopey, but good overall. However, I did some research and asked the pharmacist about this medicine b/c some common side effects (and yes these are common) are increased LDL cholesterol levels, higher blood sugar counts, and big time increase in appetite. It is a good drug that helps many, but I stopped taking it after only 2 days b/c u really have to be monitored on this medication and have your blood and cholesterol levels checked regularly, and for diabetics, this medicine is a no no. Also, u cannot take any kind of SSRI meds in combo with Seroquil. Very dangerous interaction. Kinda stunk for me b/c I liked how it made me feel but I felt it was not worth the risks associated with taking it, esp. if u have high blood pressure, weight problems, heart problems or high cholesterol.
    I was re-reading this and was surprised about not being able to take an SSRI while on Seroquil. My psychiatrist had me on Paxil and 150mg Seroquil XR. Might explain why I am so messed in the head now

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Selfishself View Post
    I was re-reading this and was surprised about not being able to take an SSRI while on Seroquil. My psychiatrist had me on Paxil and 150mg Seroquil XR. Might explain why I am so messed in the head now
    Sorry about the delayed response. I hope u got your med. situation straightened out by now. Yeah, Seroquil and Seroquil XR do not mix well with SSRI's, and I could only imagine how it would interact with Paxil, a drug that I was on once and had numerous side effects and even withdrawals!! I don't like Paxil at all, but it does work for some ppl, just not me

God Bless

Miserable but tryn is offline New Member

Default Should you take the Serquel? MIXING SSRI & SERQUEL A NO NO? WHY?

I was actually prescribed this drug by a psychiatrist for sleep and anxiety conditions. I have to admit, it really did help me sleep and I felt good the next morning, a little dopey, but good overall. However, I did some research and asked the pharmacist about this medicine b/c some common side effects (and yes these are common) are increased LDL cholesterol levels, higher blood sugar counts, and big time increase in appetite. It is a good drug that helps many, but I stopped taking it after only 2 days b/c u really have to be monitored on this medication and have your blood and cholesterol levels checked regularly, and for diabetics, this medicine is a no no. Also, u cannot take any kind of SSRI meds in combo with Seroquil. Very dangerous interaction. Kinda stunk for me b/c I liked how it made me feel but I felt it was not worth the risks associated with taking it, esp. if u have high blood pressure, weight problems, heart problems or high cholesterol.[/U][/B][/QUOTE][/U][/B]
    2 things. 1. I hate Seroquel, admittedly a series of personal losses and setbacks put me in a depression that is a hell unlike anything I ever imagined (been that way 6.5 yrs & still going, unreal, but for 2 wondrful kids, wouldve ended things way back),& w/the dep. gained a serious anger managmt problem. Police have put me in nut house 2x now, & ea time they load me up w/Serquel. On that stuff, I can't stay awake but 4 brief periods and can barely get from point A to point B. Yeah,it pacifies, & rids me of depression, but I'm like a dead person, a zombie. I couldn't hold a job on that stuff, so if I ever get to where I do take it, may as well get the shock therapy prescribed (the disabling nature of ST would also cost me job, haven't taken it) The sedation and loss of emotion takes away who I am & I'm not living life on that. 2 me its a Dr cop-out. 2.Ea time I was on huge doses of ssri's & snri's. What is the problem, specifically, w/takng Serequel & an SSRI? Is it high blood pressure, dopiness, respitory failure, turning into salt, what?

Last edited by Anonymous; 09-11-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Budafuko is offline New Member

Default Sorry to reopen an old post but

Quote Originally Posted by primetimegrape View Post
    I was percribed this in jail to stop me from fighting in the day and sleep at night with absolutely no monitoring basically they give it to u and put u in a cell and the guards that are supposed to do the count just walk around the range and use the book count unless the count is off then they just make sure ur there. Not that ur breathing. Absolutely no medical visits to make sure my heart was ok... On a lighter note it knocked me out
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-13-2016 at 04:46 AM.

MsVickie14 is offline New Member

I take 10mg of Ambien and 8mg of Rozerem and haven't slept in 3 days. I'm starting to wonder if I will ever sleep again. My psych changed me last week from Lithium to Tegretol, my mood is much better but no sleep. Is there much weight gain with Seroquel?

MsVickie14