Seroquel
    netsavy006 is offline New Member

Default Seroquel

I was reading the PI sheet for Seroquel, and I noticed that the dose is increased very quickly. (as often as every day)

How come you have to rapidly increase Serqouel when first starting it?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by netsavy006 View Post
    I was reading the PI sheet for Seroquel, and I noticed that the dose is increased very quickly. (as often as every day)

How come you have to rapidly increase Serqouel when first starting it?

The dose would only be increased dramatically for something like severe schizophrenia. Typically it isn't increased in that manner. And for sleep issues as low as 25mg is enough for lots of people. Hope that helps. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

disabledleo is offline Member

Default I also take it

In my case (& all are different esp.mine) I have 2 rx's of this medication the 100mgs & the 25mgs this is so I can use it anywhere from 400mgs @ bedtime to 25mgs. @ bedtime.
    I have found if I take 400 mgs every night for more than a few days my body no longer responds to it & I lay in bed looking @ the ceiling. If I stay between 25-400mgs & go up & down like Robert said 25 works the same as 400 @ times.

Please do not ask me why - I have no clue it's just my case & what my doctor's orders are.
    I have also read people having problems going off it....??? I do not & have been off it too now for a month.
    So sounds like you can sit down with your doctor & see what he/she says is best approach for you & your reason for taking it.
    Hope this helps alittle???

redtee2012 is offline New Member

My docs gave me seroquel when I had a major breakdown (on verge of harming myself). I cannot recall the dose levels but we start small (half tab) in day 1 and then graduated to full tab by day 5. He explained - and pls take these as just hearsay-info, ask your doc - "to get the liver used to it", whatever that meant. He also had me do a quick blood test before he got me on it specifically checking on liver health & enzymes.

It worked well for me. Stabilized my emotions, regulated my sleep patterns, and calmed me.

By week4, reconsulted and another blood test. Results revealed high liver enzymes. So he started to wean me off of Seroquel.

During this time, I was on Xanax XR (150mg per day) and Effexor XR (150mg per day). Am still on these medications.