Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By BTexas2010
  • 1 Post By mercy25
  • 1 Post By mercy25
  • 1 Post By mercy25
short suboxone taper
    mercy25 is offline New Member

Default short suboxone taper

Hi everyone! I am new to this site and this is my first post! Just wanted to share with everyone my experience with a short suboxone taper. Here is a little background, I have been prescribed pain meds for the last 12 years give or take. I've been on hyrdocodone and graduated to oxycodone and then roxi's. When my doctor stopped prescribing them to all this patients I was put on 30mg oxycontin extended release and oxycodone 10/325 for break the pain. I mostly took way more of the oxycodone then I should for the first week and a half then took the oxycontin every 6-8 hours. Totalling at least 90mg but some days 120mg. I maintained this for years and no one including my family had a clue. Due to some unfortunate circumstances I ended up with no meds and 11 days til my next appt for the first time ever!! So I got a hold of a few 5mg oxycodone and semi tapered down for 3 days so I was at about 60-70mg of oxycodone. I took my last pill (my last ever!!!!) On Sunday night at 3am. Waited til I was in withdrawal significant enough to start suboxone. i took my first dose of subs at 5:30 Mon night. I started with 2mg and waited...totally prepared to need at least another 2mg to stop my WD..to my extreme surprise I was good with just 2mg. Felt pretty damn good actually! Went over to my parents and told my parents the truth about it all, which I think helped a lot cause I wasnt alone and I wasn't hiding a huge secret anymore! I had some very minor leg stiffness/cramps which were not bad at all and actually slept for several hours. Woke up around 4:30 am with some moderate rls and minor sweats. Took another 2mg and was actually able to fall back asleep til my alarm went off at 5:30am. Did a full day at work and felt great to my surprise. Just kept busy and kept moving. I had some minor tiredness around 11am so I took a 500mg l-tyrosine and had a good burst of energy. Had a moment or 2 of passing anxiety but it was quick to leave me. My neck is stiff especially in the front and when I yawn but its not bad. Minor sore legs but I can deal with that and I got the yawns around 3pm but they seem to have passed as I write this. My plan is to see if I can make it thru tonight with no additional subs. If I can't I will take. .5mg(half of a 1mg half) and then do 1mg sub tomorrow morning when I wake up for work. Again if I need to I will take a..5mg if it is needed. Then Thursday..5mg in the am and another if needed at night. Then Fri just a .5mg or.25mg depending on how I feel. I ll keep everyone who wants to read this updated with how I feel tonight and moving forward...I will say I have prayed a lot today anytime I felt anxious or an urge to stop the taper and just get my meds and it has made a world of difference!! I do believe in miracles and I am praying this will be one for me!! Plus having my family to support me has helped greatly!

So I am just about to head to bed..so far so good. I decided I felt ok enough to not take another dose of the sub. I have some mild leg aches and the yawns here and there but nothing I can't manage...praying I get a full nights sleep without needing anything! After work today I just kept busy..I ran errands and cleaned my house and visited with family until I felt tired enough to try for sleep. I surprisingly have a better appetite then I did on the pills and made a real breakfast and dinner for the first time in forever. I had oatmeal and 2 bananas today plus 2 protein shakes and it seems to be agreeing with me... Hope this helps someone! Praying for the rest of my detox to go smoothly. Day 2 no pain meds..i ll keep updating

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Sounds like you are doing great!
    Sub is a great drug when used properly..
    I am 5 days off of everything after 9 months on sub.
    After 10 years on methadone
    After years on pills..

It worked good for me because I had to make some changes in my life..
    That took some time

I am not doing this again..!

Just wanted to say congratulations!
    Thank you for sharing your positive experience..

We are truly blessed..
    Millions of addicts never get to say they have a day clean!
    We do!
    Take care
    Iluv2

Luv2smile thanks so much for the encouragement!! I read it right before bed and it helped give me the boost I needed to know I can do this. Congrats on 5 days clean...that's so awesome..I can't wait til I can say that. How are you feeling? Did you have any WD now that you are done with the sub?

Well I slept thru the night...yay!! I did wake up once or twice but was able to fall right back asleep. Around 4:30 I was a little sweaty and feeling the leg aches but it wasn't bad. Took 1mg of sub and was able to fall back asleep and feel pretty good right now. Slightly sweaty but really not bad at all...well I am off to work. I ll keep updating to see how I do on the lower dose today

BTexas2010 is offline Member

Mercy,
    My name is BTex and you can add me to your list of supporters! My story is like yours, years of pain pills followed by a 16 day suboxen taper...that was over 4 years ago and my story, day by day is on here. Anyway, I think you did something so good I must mention it, and that is that you started the subs with the smallest amount possible, or close to it at least. I hate hearing the stories of starting at 16 or even 32mg! 1mg was enough to stabalize me and I was taking 20-30 norcos a day and would feel WD symptoms at 5-6 hours! Anyway, we are here for you and I think you are really doing this the smart way! -BTex
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Btex thanks so much for the words of encouragement and support!! They mean a lot especially coming from someone who has been where I am at. I am glad I started at 2mg and even felt some regret that I didn't try at 1mg but hey I can't change it so just gotta roll with it. Its so nice to hear someone 4 years out and know that will be me one day!! Thanks for the support!

So today is my first day at 1mg. Did a full day of work and feel pretty good still. I Dont have the energy I did yesterday but I also didnt take the l-tyrosine like I did yesterday cause I wanted to gauge my tiredness with nothing but sub and advil in my system. I am definitely more achy and sore today especially in my legs and my arms but so far I have been able to deal. If I am honest with myself I didn't feel too great on the pills most days either and still had aches and pains aand I dealt with that for 12 years so I can do this!! Little moments of passing anxiety but they r quick to leave and my stomach feels a little off from time to time but I am able to eat and haven't had diarrhea at all without any immodium since Monday. Praying I make it thru the night without needing any addtional sub so that tomorrow I can take .50mg of sub. I had planned to stop all subs on Thurs but depending on how I feel I may do .25 on Fri then be done...we'll see! i keep praying and feeling like this is a true miracle that I am getting the this like I am...faith & support is definitely making a world of difference. I have a massage schedulef but Mon was the soonest I could get in and I am working on finding a local acupuncturist who may be able to help with any lingering WD symptoms

So I am off to bed..praying for a decent night sleep. I am pretty tired and actually feel like I will get some. I haven't taken any further subs and just have some minor leg aches and all over soreness...but nothing I can't deal with and nothing that's gonna break me! The plan is to take .50mg subs tomorrow morning when I wake up and god willing that will hold me for the day. If not I am willing to add another .25 but hoping I won't have to. I did walk today for about 40 mins which seemed to help with the legs and overall icky feeling. Some minor anxiety but it passed quick...well good night!
    Iluv2smile likes this.

So I made it thru the night without needing an extra dose of sub!!!!! And not only that but for the first time I didn't wake up before my alarm to take my daily dose...I actually slept until my alarm!!! Literally the first words outta my mouth when I realized were thank you god. Just took my .50mg but honestly I didn't even feel bad but didn't want to risk waiting and getting to work and feeling like >>>>. 2 things I did last night before bed...rubbed my legs in Ben gay and then put on compression socks that come to your knee and I even wrapped my leg that's worse with an extra ace bandage and honestly my legs still feel good right now and I took this stuff called quietude which is just an all natural homeopathic sleep aid to help with restless sleep. forget to say that yesterday I came clean with my best friend and told her what has been going on. Its nice to not be keeping this big secret from everybody now! Off to work!

Just trying to get the hang of this site so wasn't sure if I did it right the first time when I replied to you.. Haha...but wanted to just say thanks for the support, trust me I need it!!

So made it all day thru work ok, a little tired and sore but ok then the ride home from work got me...I could just feel how completely tired and run down I am!! I let myself lay down which I haven't done the previous 3 days but I just felt like I needed it. I slept for about 30 mins and woke up still really tired and my legs slightly rls feeling..I took a l-tyrosine supplement and I am praying that gives me some energy. I have the yawns and some watery eyes but its not too bad. I have plans tonight with a friend so hopefully I ll be ok to make it thru. Its day 4 without any pain meds...yay for me!!!! Dont want to have to take any more sub today but I am gonna listen to my body if it gets too much I ll take .25mg and see how I feel...

Day 5 no pain meds! This is the longest I can remember not having pain pills for at least the last 12 years! Well I didn't take anymore sub yesterday just the .50mg and while it wasn't totally enjoyable..Lol...I did survive! The usually tired and achy feeling and some watery eyes. I use to lie to my family before the pills kicked in and tell them my allergies were acting up that's why my eyes were watering, won't have to do that anymore. Sleep was ok, I woke up a lot but I was able to go back to bed so I can't complain. I haven't taken any subs so far cause I just have watery eyes right now...if I need it I ll take .25mg sometime today but we'll see how I do. All I can say is believe in miracles cause they do happen! I pray every day and I know that's what's getting me thru this

You are doing great..
    That is another good thing about sub..
    Less is more..
    The smaller the dose for me the better I felt..
    8 days today..
    I feel good a little tired but have been very busy at work..
    I have to be with it and social at work..
    Sometimes it is exhausting..

I think it is better to stay busy..
    You should be through the worst of the pill withdrawals soon..
    How long are you gonna take the sub?
    Have a great day..
    I will check in later
    Iluv2
    Ha

Thanks for checking in on me! Its so nice to have someone to talk to that is going thru this too! Wow 8 days!! Congrats! I can't wait til I can say that. I totally agree with you, staying busy is the key..less time to think about how I am feeling. I have off work today thru Monday so its gonna be a challenge but I am planning on lots of time with my family so hopefully that keeps me busy enough. Honestly I had only planned on 4 days of subs and so far I havenot taken any today but I am gonna listen to my body, if it gets bad and I need it I am open to today and sat at .25mg or basically a speck of the subs Lol...so is today 8 days on the subs for you or 8 days off the subs? Just wondering but Either way that's an accomplishment most can't say and it sounds like you are doing great!! I do have a few ambien I can take or the smallest dose of klonopin if the sleep gets bad enough but so far its been tolerable so I have held off...is your sleep still totally outta whack? Hope you have a great day and I ll check back later!

Man today I just can't find the motivation to do anything!! This is also my first day off work so I didn't have to move and hustle all day and it didn't feel good at all! Physically I was ok just had goosebumps for the entire day and some achy legs but not like rls just achy and didn't want to move from the couch and was cold all day...and now the irritability has hit me..ugh!! I hate feeling like this...I know I was irritable aand did nothing but lay on the couch in my addiction but at least I had a buzz and could sleep all day. . but this too shall pass and I am sure I ll be ok...I gotta be right? This is my first day without subs and I Dont plan on taking any tonight since physically I am ok...just the mental is getting me today..praying this passes soon!!! How long does it last like this?

Got some pretty decent sleep last night, still tossed and turned some but it was the first night I actually dreamt and woke up remembering it, which was a nice little victory for me. Now granted I did take a .5mg klonopin but I only was able to get 3 of them so pretty sure I won't be hooked..haha! I do have to say this being up so early business is rrally strange for me. During the week I do wake up at 5:30 but my weekends used to be if I woke up before 8 I popped some pills and passed out til at least 11 or 12...not quite sure what to do with myself this early on a sat morning...I mean its still dark out Lol..honestly this is about when I would usually go to bed in a pill haze... Oh well its all about adjustment I guess...physically feeling pretty good. No chills or anything else so far just some sore legs but even that has improved

Yes it is strange being up early..
    I just went to day shift at my hospital..
    I am getting used to mornings and am really starting to enjoy my am time before the sun rise.

I am sure I will adjust to being up so early and once my energy returns I will probably really like it. Its just a struggle to be up aand have no motivation yet...tonights sleep has been horrible...this is the first night I didn't sleep..well I slept for about an hour and have been wide awake since..nothing is seeming to put me back to bed..ugh! But physically and mentally I feel good just wanna sleep... Is your sleep more normal yet?

Well sleep is the last to return..

I take Benadryl and Valarian root on the nights I have to get up for work in the am.
    I only work 3 days a week but it is 12 hrs a day..

If I can't sleep after an hour I take 25mg -50 mg Benadryl and or 2 Valarian root pills..

If I dontt sleep that great it isn't the end of the world because I have 4 days to catch up...

Plus I fiquered I nodded and slept enough on opiates that it really is not gonna kill to miss a few nights...

Studies have shown people don't need as much sleep as once thought..
    But we do need regular sleep because that is the time our brain unwinds and reprograms itself..

It will come ..
    I know it is hard but don't lay in bed and stress out over it..
    God did not bring you this far to drop you on your butt now..
    I have my spiritual workshop this am.
    I will check in later
    Iluv2

Today is day 8 without pain pills and day 4 without subs!! Overall I feel pretty good and really can't complain. I really Dont have anymore WD symptoms, occasionally I may get the passing yawn and runny eyes but its done within minutes, my body is slightly sore still but that's improving everyday. No stomach issues and I ve been eating great the whole time. Just the sleep...again last night I got 2 hours then up til 5am and then got another 2 hours...thank god I at least got that so I ll be ok. I do have some pain issues popping up but I knew that would be an issue considering that's what got me on the meds. I ve just been taking advil and Tylenol and using the heck outta my heating pad. I have a massage today I am sooo looking forward too!!!! I went to church last night for the first time in probably 15 years and it was exactly what I needed...it felt like the sermon was tailored to exactly what is going on right now & I know without god I wouldn't be getting thru this so.
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Day 10 without any pain pills and 6 days without sub!! That's pretty darn exciting to say! I feel good mentally and the only lingering things going on is sore muscles. Not URLs symptoms just sore legs but heat or Ben gay does seem to help some. I ll be thankful when that stops cause it is a pain when I just want to lay on the couch and relax and sleep still isn't great. I am only getting 4 hours a night but I have taken a cat nap for about an hour once or twice so maybe o am getting a total of 5 hours daily. Still feeling a little sluggish but I think that's improving daily...I am doing it and not discouraged! I spent a long time in my addiction and I know it won't fix over night but each day seems a little better

Today is day 15 without pain pills and day 11 without subs!! I have to say I feel awesome..i hope someone wanting to get clean stumbles across this one day and it helps them as much as reading other posts helped me. I know when I started this over 2 weeks ago I felt like I would feel like >>>> forever and never sleep again but that wasn't the case and everyday I did feel a little better. Last night I slept a full 7 hours all on my own and when I wake up now I am not groggy I actually feel like I slept not just passed out on my meds. I still wake up here and there but I can fall right back asleep. Physically I feel good. I still have the pain which led me to the pills but I am dealing with it through massage and physical therapy and I am hopeful it will start to get better. I still sneeze throughout the day and get some aches and pains here and there but it passes quickly. There have been times where I have thought I know if I just take a pill right now all this discomfort and boredom will stop but I Dont let myself get stuck on it. I remind myself why I am doing this and that being on the pills wasn't really better it just let me ignore life and I Dont want to do that anymore and that I Dont want to have to restart this process. I ve been going to church and that has been a great support and comfort for me. I know that's not everyone's thing but it works for me. I ll keep the updates coming
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. Congrats on getting off the pills and Sub! That's awesome.

Sounds like you're doing well. I agree, church is a huge comfort and support. I don't go every Sunday, but when I do I always feel better and more balanced.

Keep up the good work. Take care.
    Kat