Sibutramine (Meridia) >> Phentermine (Disebsin)?
    BHGMom is offline New Member

Question Sibutramine (Meridia) >> Phentermine (Disebsin)?

I am hoping someone can help me with some information about the difference between Sibutramine and Phentermine.

I have been taking the Phentermine (30 mg) for over a week and I am loving it...energy, loss of appetite, better mood.

I was under the impression Sibutramine was the same as Phentermine so I ordered 120 of the 15 mg.

Will this work the same? I have not been able to find info on the web re: the differences between the two.

Any help is appreciated!

2Much is offline New Member

Default Phentermine/meridia the difference

HELLO-
    I have been on Phentermine back in 98, where I lost about 30 pounds in 4 months. What I know about phentermine is that it has half of the phen/phen product in it which does increase your heart rate, and if you come off it you will have a period of feeling low of energy, I have heard of others who have had some problems due to the heart thing (so be careful) but I didnt have that problem, and I used it a few times, the way my doc started me out was with the lowest dosage 15mg, then gradually moved up, this is to see if your body will tolerate the drug. Meridia/Sibutermine is different in the sense that the chemicals work with your brain to produce that full feeling, and have been know to also act as a anti depressant by increasing your seratonin levels, giving you the sensation of feeling good. There are risks with this drug as well, but I have heard that this drug is for somone who needs to lose
    30 pds or more. I have been on Meridia for about a week now, and find I dont have a craving for sweets anymore, and am satisfied with way less food. I also have more energy but im still able to sleep at night or take a nap in the day if I so chose. It took about 3 days for me to start feeling the effects of things with Meridia but so far so good. It definetly feels different than Phentermine where I did kinda feel like I was on speed and it killed my appetite completely, but thats an unhealthy way to lose weight. Meredia seems to let you get a little hungry and if you can teach yourself portion control, you are full on less.
    Hope this helps.