Suboxone acute withdrawal please help!
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member

Default Suboxone acute withdrawal please help!

I have been off Subxone for 10 days and I had pain medicine yesterday. I am afraid that I didn't wait long enough to take a dose of Suboxone. I waited till early in the morning today. How would I know if I didn't wait long enough...and how would I know if its going to throw me into immediate acute withdrawal? And...how will I know if Im alright and waited long enough. Please keep in mind I am prescribed all this and not just doing this off the street and I am 9 months pregnant and its actually subutex. Thanks.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

If you've been on subutex all along the pain pill probably didn't even work on you. It it was just a pain pill and you didn't relapse you should be okay going back on the subutex. Be careful with these meds at nine months pregnant. God bless and congratulations on your baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    If you've been on subutex all along the pain pill probably didn't even work on you. It it was just a pain pill and you didn't relapse you should be okay going back on the subutex. Be careful with these meds at nine months pregnant. God bless and congratulations on your baby!
    Hi Robert, glad to see a response from YOU. I am new to this forum and Drugs.Com and I have read alot of your answers to folks and seen how popular you are on here, so am I honored to recieve an answer from you lol
    Actually, not to bore you with my short story hopefully...I will tell it anyway... I was given a shot in the E.R Yesterday morning/night at about 3am. Then came home took 5 mg of Vicodin when I woke up around 10am...and I felt the full effect and then some...it was like taking a 30mg of Roxicodone. I was shocked..kinda make me a little sick ( I guess that's how it affects normal people) LOL. So I assumed my tolerance had went back and that SUB was completely out of my system. I then took another 5 to half a 5mg cause it was broke in half- at about 7-8pm at night last night...it didnt do a whole lot...but It did enough to sedate me to be able to sleep. I woke up at 4am this morning tossing and turning and MISERABLE I finally couldn't take it anymore and after debating the pro's and con's I took around 2mg of SUB at about 7 am. I feel kinda like alot better already, and I think I made the right choice.
    I too take my guidance from God as I have heard you speak about that you do as well..I am a strong Christian (atleast I believe so) and God is my everything. I have been very careful with these medicines (thank you for your concern) I know me being pregnant and on things like this can shock SOME people. But sometimes... (sometimes) it's neccesary. I thought it was smart to jump off the SUB because I will be having a Csection...but apparently I should have waited till a few days before delivery instead of like 3 weeks LOL. I had to take the pain meds because in late pregnancy like I am you get severe RLS that is related mostly to pregnancy and it had gotten so bad that I was almost convulsing..I didn't know what else to do but pain meds and Sub. Thank you for your kind wishes also I hope things go well for me and my baby too!! being on SUB while pregnant can depress someone majorly..trust me. And I plan on sharing my many experiences with it on the forum to help other folks!
    God bless!

Also, I really need someone to talk to about going back on this cause it still upsets me and I need to keep on my recovery! And I know I will be facing serious issues soon that will test my recovery and my strength- before I got pregnant with this child I was a Roxy user and that was all I was using for severe pain and suffering due to an illness and when I wasn't in pain and still needed it and desired it I was hooked majorly..I have went through detox while pregnant for the first time and it was AWESOME. I know that if I can do it preg..that anyone can do it! And I just want to stay in recovery..thank you for easing my mind by saying it wasnt a relapse..I did take the VIC to ease physical dismcomfort though. I would have just called my dr. today and told them all this and asked them...BUT its sat. lol and a Holiday weekend and the dr. is out.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-02-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernSweety5 View Post
    Also, I really need someone to talk to about going back on this cause it still upsets me and I need to keep on my recovery! And I know I will be facing serious issues soon that will test my recovery and my strength- before I got pregnant with this child I was a Roxy user and that was all I was using for severe pain and suffering due to an illness and when I wasn't in pain and still needed it and desired it I was hooked majorly..I have went through detox while pregnant for the first time and it was AWESOME. I know that if I can do it preg..that anyone can do it! And I just want to stay in recovery..thank you for easing my mind by saying it wasnt a relapse..I did take the VIC to ease physical dismcomfort though. I would have just called my dr. today and told them all this and asked them...BUT its sat. lol and a Holiday weekend and the dr. is out.

Don't go over the 2mg, you could probably get away with less, then when the baby is born the dr can slowly and painlessly remove it from the baby's system. Keeping the dose very low won't be a big issue. I bet you could make it on 1mg and then the dr's won't have to over compensate too much for the subs when you have surgery. I'm here on and off if I can help. God bless you and your baby!

heidihess83 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone withdrawl

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernSweety5 View Post
    I have been off Subxone for 10 days and I had pain medicine yesterday. I am afraid that I didn't wait long enough to take a dose of Suboxone. I waited till early in the morning today. How would I know if I didn't wait long enough...and how would I know if its going to throw me into immediate acute withdrawal? And...how will I know if Im alright and waited long enough. Please keep in mind I am prescribed all this and not just doing this off the street and I am 9 months pregnant and its actually subutex. Thanks.
    I have been thru suboxone withdrawl, including 3 accute withdrawl days resulting in hospital visits 3 times in the last 6 mo. My first warning symptom is my legs get very restless, like a feeling of having to shake them constantly. U would definitely know if you were in accute withdrawl because u would most likely be unable to conrol your muscle movements and be flailing around unable to sit still, shaking legs (and once my arms too) and in A LOT of pain, mostly unbearable discomfort throughout your body. I have now weaned myself off suboxone and will NEVER take it again. Also, I haven't taken any at all in 1 month and only tiny slivers before that, only when in accute withdrawl. I took 14 norco 10s last week when i threw my back out and got no pain relief or high feeling at all. Im scared that my nerve receptors have been permanently effected! My experience with suboxone was horrible! I would highly recommend geting off it ASAP by only taking the smallest effective dose and only when u start to feel uncomfortable! Good luck with everything!