Suboxone Not Working This Time... Help?
    deadhead82 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Not Working This Time... Help?

For some reason, suboxone isn't working nearly as well as it should for me. About a year ago, I effectively got off of >>>>>> by using suboxone. It worked beautifully; I felt little to no withdrawal effects and was clean and sober for about 7 months. Unfortunately, stupidly, I relapsed.

So here's the situation: I smoke about half a gram of >>>>>> per day. I waited 17 hours before taking my first 8mg suboxone. I was relatively heavy into the withdrawal phase. On the COWS test, I scored a 25, erring on the side of caution. Pupil dilation, diarrhea, severe anxiety, bad joint pain, etc. After taking the suboxone, it eliminated about 50% of the withdrawal symptoms. I still felt horrible. After waiting an hour, I took another suboxone. It didn't seem to make much of a difference. I waited a couple hours to see if it would get better, but it didn't. Though I was determined to push through it anyway, I eventually gave in and used. Surprisingly, using made the rest of the withdrawal effects go away. Isn't suboxone supposed to make any opiates not work? Why isn't suboxone working as well for me this time around? Will it only work at 100% efficiency once? Did I not wait long enough to take it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I made the mistake before of thinking I could use once and not have it become a habit again; I was wrong. If I manage to get off dope this time I will assuredly not make that mistake again. I never want to go through this again.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-17-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by deadhead82 View Post
    For some reason, suboxone isn't working nearly as well as it should for me. About a year ago, I effectively got off of >>>>>> by using suboxone. It worked beautifully; I felt little to no withdrawal effects and was clean and sober for about 7 months. Unfortunately, stupidly, I relapsed.

So here's the situation: I smoke about half a gram of >>>>>> per day. I waited 17 hours before taking my first 8mg suboxone. I was relatively heavy into the withdrawal phase. On the COWS test, I scored a 25, erring on the side of caution. Pupil dilation, diarrhea, severe anxiety, bad joint pain, etc. After taking the suboxone, it eliminated about 50% of the withdrawal symptoms. I still felt horrible. After waiting an hour, I took another suboxone. It didn't seem to make much of a difference. I waited a couple hours to see if it would get better, but it didn't. Though I was determined to push through it anyway, I eventually gave in and used. Surprisingly, using made the rest of the withdrawal effects go away. Isn't suboxone supposed to make any opiates not work? Why isn't suboxone working as well for me this time around? Will it only work at 100% efficiency once? Did I not wait long enough to take it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I made the mistake before of thinking I could use once and not have it become a habit again; I was wrong. If I manage to get off dope this time I will assuredly not make that mistake again. I never want to go through this again.

I used to be a real deadhead if you know what that is. It's been a long time since I followed them around the country. Thats a real flash to the past.

I can't guarantee what happened with you and the suboxone. I wasn't there. But I know that subs will work more than once. I know that for a fact. If you want to try it again and will follow my suggestions to the letter I can get you through the induction with positive results. I am working with close to ten different people right now using suboxone. Let me know if you want my help. God bless.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Not passing judgement here but remember...suboxone will only make you feel better than you would otherwise during detox.You must be mentally prepared to get clean..Maybe using suboxone with some outside support from NA/AA Family,God whatever works for you, might be better for you.Remember you should not expect a "High" replacement even though this is replacement therapy.I hope you get clean for good this time around..I wish Jerry would have cleaned up.He may still be with us today.He is sorely missed.The best of luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by musicman48 View Post
    Not passing judgement here but remember...suboxone will only make you feel better than you would otherwise during detox.You must be mentally prepared to get clean..Maybe using suboxone with some outside support from NA/AA Family,God whatever works for you, might be better for you.Remember you should not expect a "High" replacement even though this is replacement therapy.I hope you get clean for good this time around..I wish Jerry would have cleaned up.He may still be with us today.He is sorely missed.The best of luck to you

I see that you know what I meant about being a Deadhead. Man the late 60s and early 70s had some great music from those guys. I have seen them at least 25 times. Loved the Dead and New Riders Of the Purple Sage. New Riders were awesome.

musicman48 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I see that you know what I meant about being a Deadhead. Man the late 60s and early 70s had some great music from those guys. I have seen them at least 25 times. Loved the Dead and New Riders Of the Purple Sage. New Riders were awesome.
    O Yeah ,I am hip to The Dead. and you dead head types lol.Jerry was a pioneer.and the New Riders were awesome.I started playing guitar in 1966 and Performed my first gig in 1970 at age 10 in an all kids rock band...lol.....Even though you are much older than me
    I am still hip to that stuff.I knew a lot of hippies...not too many hippy gangsters like you were though.lol...You were the type of guy my mom and friends warned me about back then..lol..I picture you as the type of guy who was working security detail for the Rolling Stones at Altamont Dec of 1969..lol..

I was so mad that I wasn't able to go to Altamont. Three of my best friends went and I didn't make that one. It's sad I buried one of them a few weeks ago. He had been my friend since the 9th grade. He died a >>>>>> od. What a freakin waste. Such is life with addiction. It's bad that so many of the really young people dont understand what 40 years of doing this garbage does to a person.

I was listening to New Riders earlier tonight ... Henry, Louisiana Lady, Glendale Train. some awesome music

deadhead82 is offline New Member

To the first person who responded, I forget your name, I definitely would like your help. I know that I have to be mentally prepared and that I'm not going to feel great. I remember that the first time I got clean, though, I felt way better than I did this time.

~~~

To the rest of ya talking about the Dead...
    If you haven't seen any of them in awhile, you should check out Phil and Friends and/or Bob Weir & Ratdog. I've caught quite a few Phil shows and a couple Ratdog shows, traveling around the country and getting into trouble etc. Settled down in Tucson in the last couple years, but I miss the road. One of the reasons I want to get off this ******************** is so I can follow Phil freely again without worrying about being sick. Be Good Family =)

To the first person who responded, I forget your name, I definitely would like your help. I know that I have to be mentally prepared and that I'm not going to feel great. I remember that the first time I got clean, though, I felt way better than I did this time.

~~~

To the rest of ya talking about the Dead...
    If you haven't seen any of them in awhile, you should check out Phil and Friends and/or Bob Weir & Ratdog. I've caught quite a few Phil shows and a couple Ratdog shows, traveling around the country and getting into trouble etc. Settled down in Tucson in the last couple years, but I miss the road. One of the reasons I want to get off this ******************** is so I can follow Phil freely again without worrying about being sick. Be Good Family =)

I am available. Just let me know when you are ready. Do you have enough suboxone to do this properly? God bless.

schreib1 is offline New Member

Default I need Subs!

I live in Tucson. I would like to purchase some Suboxone from you if you are willing to sell any to me. I am trying to quit oxy and am obviously having trouble finding subs. My email is schreib1@email.arizona.edu, if you could help me I would pay you good money for some.

Thank You,
    David

David .... sorry for your situation but this is NOT a place to purchase controlled substances illegally. This site is monitored by the DEA. They can pull your IP address from your information and cause you problems. You need to see a dr before you get yourself in legal trouble but regardless, don't do this here again ever or you'll be banned from posting at all. God bless.

newyorkgal is offline Advanced Member

go to www.suboxone.com and plug in your zip code. That will direct you to the samsha site which will list all the doctors in your area who perscribe sub.

NV< jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Nevermind everyone I was unaware its not ok to post such info

fight29 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I used to be a real deadhead if you know what that is. It's been a long time since I followed them around the country. Thats a real flash to the past.

I can't guarantee what happened with you and the suboxone. I wasn't there. But I know that subs will work more than once. I know that for a fact. If you want to try it again and will follow my suggestions to the letter I can get you through the induction with positive results. I am working with close to ten different people right now using suboxone. Let me know if you want my help. God bless.
    Hello, I'm not sure if you're still on this website but I'd love help on this issue. I only take suboxones but I don't want to take them forever. I take one a day. Tell me what I need to do. thanks in advance for any help you can give
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-03-2012 at 05:21 PM.