Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By alexnt
Suboxone process help needed
    Leroy71 is offline Junior Member

Default Suboxone process help needed

New here. Just inducted last night at 2am. Was determined to keep it low. Started with 2mg. Panicked because of the wd's they scare you about if you induce too soon. Took 2 more mgs. I had waited long enough though. The wd's were just bad. Anyway felt great at 4. Perfect. Problem was that it was the middle of the night and planned on a 2mg//2mg daily split. So I took an a. m. dose. Then I thought I'd like to not take my p.m. dose too close to bed so I took that at 2. You see where I'm going with this. That's 8mg in 24 hours when my original goal was 2mg. Don't get me wrong 2mg didn't even kill the initial dt's. Then to add insult to injury, my sub doc told me that I need more if I still have cravings. Well after work I had insane cravings so I took 2 more mgs so I can sleep and hopefully start a normal, routine sub therapy tomorrow. Anyway my questions are; can I reasonably expect to get away with 4 or 6mgs total tomorrow or even 8mg total, can I split the dose am/pm, was my sub doc crazy about the cravings comment? I really want this to be a short sub run based on retired member Robert's taper thread. Coming off 3 years 120mg/day oxycodone and pst. I'm sure I sound like an idiot.

alexnt is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy71 View Post
    New here. Just inducted last night at 2am. Was determined to keep it low. Started with 2mg. Panicked because of the wd's they scare you about if you induce too soon. Took 2 more mgs. I had waited long enough though. The wd's were just bad. Anyway felt great at 4. Perfect. Problem was that it was the middle of the night and planned on a 2mg//2mg daily split. So I took an a. m. dose. Then I thought I'd like to not take my p.m. dose too close to bed so I took that at 2. You see where I'm going with this. That's 8mg in 24 hours when my original goal was 2mg. Don't get me wrong 2mg didn't even kill the initial dt's. Then to add insult to injury, my sub doc told me that I need more if I still have cravings. Well after work I had insane cravings so I took 2 more mgs so I can sleep and hopefully start a normal, routine sub therapy tomorrow. Anyway my questions are; can I reasonably expect to get away with 4 or 6mgs total tomorrow or even 8mg total, can I split the dose am/pm, was my sub doc crazy about the cravings comment? I really want this to be a short sub run based on retired member Robert's taper thread. Coming off 3 years 120mg/day oxycodone and pst. I'm sure I sound like an idiot.
    Leroy you do not sound like an idiot as you are brand new to suboxone and its normal to ask questions when we first start on subs. Since you took the amount of subs you did the first 24 hrs with the long half life I think you can probably get by with less then 8 mg tomorrow. I think 6 mg split into 2 doses one am and one pm should be plenty for you to take and see if 6 mg does the trick and see if you can get stable there by taking it for the next 4 days and if so then you could start tapering at that point. 4 mg total might even do the trick but with 6 mg that is not a ridiculous amount to start at and get stable. You could still be off subs in around 8 weeks following the taper. Best wishes to you and will talk to you later.

Alex
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

That's great news. Thanks Alex. Any thoughts on what the doc said about cravings? Are subs just for wd's or should we be taking enough to eliminate cravings?

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. Lots of doctors "claim" that sub helps to eliminate cravings. In my case, I have to call BS on that. I always experienced cravings while on sub. However, there are some people who say it helps a little.

Kat

Thanks. Are you the legendary Kat that I have been reading posts from 2012? I ended up splitting 3 and 3 but needed (or felt like I needed) the extra 2 both days. So I guess we can say I inducted at 8. It would be nice if you two look in on me (this thread) over the next 8 weeks. If you can. My wife doesn't totally get it. She's been great though.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Lol..."legendary". I don't think you're referring to me. I joined here in Sept 2013. You may be thinking of Cat (Catrina).

I re-read my post and saw that the second-to-last sentence may have implied I'm off sub. I meant to say "I have always experienced cravings while on sub". I'm currently tapering off after many years on this junk. Down to .4 mg.

I would be happy to look in on you. Actually, it would be a lot easier if you started a new thread on the Suboxone Treatment board. This particular board (Featured Drugs) is rather slow. That's why you've received so few replies. There are lots of us on the Suboxone board currently tapering off. Post as often as you can on your new thread and you'll receive lots of advice and support.

Start your new thread by letting everyone know you've inducted at 8 mg and are about to start tapering, a little history, etc.

Hope to see you there!
    Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-01-2014 at 11:41 PM.