suboxowned - are you out there?
    sjan17 is offline Member

Default suboxowned - are you out there?

Hey Suboxowned...I sent you a response on 2/17, but didn't hear back. I'd love to get your email address as you offered. Please let me know if it would be okay...thanks.

Suboxowned is offline Member

Default Sjan

Quote Originally Posted by sjan17 View Post
    Hey Suboxowned...I sent you a response on 2/17, but didn't hear back. I'd love to get your email address as you offered. Please let me know if it would be okay...thanks.
    Sorry, I didn't see your post until late last night. I responded under your post named Help Robert325, DDave or anyone else (or something like that title) lol
    How are you today? I slept only 4 almost 5 hours last night and that was with an Ambien. I've been trying to stay awake until after midnight. Hoping that will help me to stay asleep until at least 6am. I didn't take my Ambien until 12:30 and I still woke up around 4:50a. I feel totally rested tho. This time, instead of me laying in bed or on the couch tossing and turning dreading on the fact I only slept 4 or 5 hours, I just made myself get up. I took my L-tyrosine on an empty stomach and drank a cup of green tea to get myself movin'. So far, so good. I have school today and a Dr. appt to have a history & physical done for my surgery on Friday.
    I wrote my whole 5 page essay on drug testing welfare recipients yesterday afternoon, now I have to write 1 more for a U.S. healthcare class. (I'm comparing our healthcare system to Canada's healthcare system). I have requested online ONLY classes for next quarter because I don't know how I'm going to be feeling. This way, if I'm feeling nasty, all I have to do is force myself to get to the computer and not worrying about driving 35 miles to school.
    I don't want to jinx myself, but I feel awesome right now!!!! I think I'm gonna bundle up and go for a walk before this passes. lol
    Take care today!
    Aud

sjan17 is offline Member

Default Hey lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Suboxowned View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see your post until late last night. I responded under your post named Help Robert325, DDave or anyone else (or something like that title) lol
    How are you today? I slept only 4 almost 5 hours last night and that was with an Ambien. I've been trying to stay awake until after midnight. Hoping that will help me to stay asleep until at least 6am. I didn't take my Ambien until 12:30 and I still woke up around 4:50a. I feel totally rested tho. This time, instead of me laying in bed or on the couch tossing and turning dreading on the fact I only slept 4 or 5 hours, I just made myself get up. I took my L-tyrosine on an empty stomach and drank a cup of green tea to get myself movin'. So far, so good. I have school today and a Dr. appt to have a history & physical done for my surgery on Friday.
    I wrote my whole 5 page essay on drug testing welfare recipients yesterday afternoon, now I have to write 1 more for a U.S. healthcare class. (I'm comparing our healthcare system to Canada's healthcare system). I have requested online ONLY classes for next quarter because I don't know how I'm going to be feeling. This way, if I'm feeling nasty, all I have to do is force myself to get to the computer and not worrying about driving 35 miles to school.
    I don't want to jinx myself, but I feel awesome right now!!!! I think I'm gonna bundle up and go for a walk before this passes. lol
    Take care today!
    Aud
    Hey Aud,
    You can call me Son. Yeah, I read your post on the other thread and I'm really sorry to hear about your home life. As if what you're going through isn't bad enough - right? All you can control is just yourself and set a good example for you kid (and for your hubby too). One thing at a time, you're doing a great thing going back to get a degree so just know that and keep that conviction going. You're doing awesome with tapering too. Wouldn't it be great if we could go on our walks together. Man, it would be so theraputic to share our suboxone w/d's and also talk about what's ailing you with a friend. Oh well, this will have to do. I'm divorced and have been for about 10 years and just got out of 4 year relationship. It was long overdue, but just kept going back. I'm lonely at times, but it's a huge relief too not to have to deal with him. Anyway, too complicated to type it out. I'm just at a better place now and you will be too. Stay postive girl!

Today, I didn't feel as good. I took my morning dose of .5 and got the hotflash/sweats again around 4:00, which is later than it used to be at 2:00. So, after about 15 minutes of it not going away, I took my 2nd dose of .25 and an hour later still felt bad so I took another .25. That makes it a total of 1mg for the day instead of the .75 I was at the day before. Oh well, I'm not going to be too hard on myself. Maybe going from 1.5 to .75 was too drastic. With the half life and all, because I felt worse today, maybe I should just stay at 1mg for a few days and then taper down to .75. You know what scares me? In the morning when I wake up, I do not feel good at all. My back pain is killing me and I just feel like I need the sub so bad. I try to wait it out a bit and take it after I'm ready to hit the road for work. Then, after about 15 minutes, I'm totally feeling normal. The afternoons is just the sweat/hotflash feeling, but not so much the bad feeling. Currently, it feels like I'll never make it through the day without that morning dose. I sure hope that goes away. Do you feel the same way or do you feel okay before your morning dose?

Have a nice evening...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-21-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Suboxowned is offline Member

Since I dropped below 1.5, my sleep is almost non-existent so after tossing and turning for 3 hours I finally will take my morning dose around 5-6a then within a half hour, I'm back asleep for a couple. Its getting harder for me too. Tonight, I had to take a sliver too. I was having soo much anxiety, I couldn't take it anymore. Plus I am so tired from going on 4 hours of sleep so combine that and I'm a mess! I'm calling my sub dr tomorrow (wed) and telling him I NEED something for the anxiety and sleep issue. Regular Ambien is not working for me.This will drive me crazy if I have to take another month of it.

I'm going to try and sleep........wish me luck that I sleep past 3:30a. Its like I have an alarm in my head that wakes me up at that time every night.

Good luck and don't feel bad about taking a little extra. We're only human....
    Good night.
    Aud

fedupnow is offline Member

you guys are doing great!

sjan17 you dose reduction was supposed to go from 1.5mgs to 1.125 mg's .. You went down a little too much and is probably why it's harder for you. I went from 1.5 to 1 and got stable by the 4-5 day..

Try and stay with the 25% reductions. Robert told me an awesome trick of getting them. You multiply your current dose by 0.75 and that will be your next drop.. do this each time when dropping.

Hang in there, things can get tough but know you will stable again after a few days. I did have a harder time on low doses too.. seemed to take me longer to stabilize.

Big update on my thread, wish me luck