tapering off suboxone getting back to normal
    willy boy is offline Junior Member

Default tapering off suboxone getting back to normal

I have been taking suboxone off and on for about two years, but I have never taken over 6 mils in one day. Most of the time its 2 to 4 mils. I am tapering off of it now. what I would like to ask is do you ever get to a point where you are not thinking about it one way or another? I just want to get back to living life without thinking about it. Because of a major back surgery back in the day is how I got into taking one thing or another, but I am so tired of it now.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by willy boy View Post
    I have been taking suboxone off and on for about two years, but I have never taken over 6 mils in one day. Most of the time its 2 to 4 mils. I am tapering off of it now. what I would like to ask is do you ever get to a point where you are not thinking about it one way or another? I just want to get back to living life without thinking about it. Because of a major back surgery back in the day is how I got into taking one thing or another, but I am so tired of it now.
    Hi there, welcome.

I would definitely recommend you re-post this on the Suboxone Treatment board. You will get a lot more replies there regarding a sub taper and recovery from subs.

I'm currently tapering sub too. Down to 1 mg. Yes, once you have some solid clean time the thoughts of using will lessen. But it takes time and you have to be patient. As addicts, we obsess over using all the time. Unfortunately, it's one of the main causes of relapse. That's why it's crucial to get involved in your recovery through NA, addiction counseling, etc. Removing the drugs doesn't automatically take away our desire for more. It takes hard work to stay clean after getting clean.

You have to want it bad. I struggle with cravings on a daily basis, but I have faith that in time those cravings will not bother me so much. We have to change our addictive behavior and thoughts.

What mg are you now taking? Are you following Robert's sub taper plan?

Kat

yes I am basically following Roberts taper.

Quote Originally Posted by willy boy View Post
    i have been taking suboxone off and on for about two years, but i have never taken over 6 mils in one day. Most of the time its 2 to 4 mils. I am tapering off of it now. What i would like to ask is do you ever get to a point where you are not thinking about it one way or another? I just want to get back to living life without thinking about it. Because of a major back surgery back in the day is how i got into taking one thing or another, but i am so tired of it now.
    sorry about posting on the wrong board, i have moved this too suboxone treatmen board
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-12-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

No worries

It wasn't the wrong board or anything -- it's just that you'll get a lot of help and guidance on the sub boards rather than this one.

I saw your new thread on the sub board. Other members will drop in to help as well.
    Take care.
    Kat