Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes
Is there life after opiates? Yes, there is.
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by scottbu21 View Post
    You are lucky.I have been pill sick for two long years.Cannot even go to the mailbox.No energy,throwing up,diarrhea,everything for two years.I do not think I have eaten anything in six weeks.Opiat withdrawal is not a few weeks,it is years and years of the flu times one-hundred.I know someone that was pill sick for eighteen years.He finally died,because he did not have the energy to get out of bed.
    scott - start your own thread in the "Need To Talk" forum. Tell us your complete story, there is a lot of great, knowledgeable people that may be able to help you out?

shipper is offline Junior Member

i know this was long ago but it helps.hearing and reading the horror stories doesnt help.day 7 clean,dit it once b4 hopefully see some light at the end of the tunnel. see psychiatrist,probably prescribe prozac for a whil for mental part.dont know if anyone will see this

DoinTime is offline New Member

I felt like it was finally time to post here-(I am in no way a proper writter so bare with me) After reading these threads for some time now to get many different opinions and experiences, making my own educated calculation fimilar with my situation - me being at many different stages and timelines in this ugly game I played for years- LISTEN just as Layne Staley wrote and sung about, a textbook or even a medical professional won't give a 100% evaluation of how it REALLY is.. Bc most cases they haven't experienced it fully or at all first hand.. they only know what they were told, read, or taught.

I am however, and as are many of you reading this post, an expert.. unfortunately. I'm not even going to get into how much I was taking, type and frequency. All I'm going to say is at times it was a lot and it went on for a long time. That being said, I was re-wired and addicted to opiates.

Here is what I'm going to tell you- THERE IS A LIFE after being down in a hole for however long your specific situation may have been, but this is the other thing I am going to tell you- many folks on here wanna go on about what I view as "crutches" be it SUBS-METHADONE- The THOMAS RECIPE and whatever else be it XANAX, KLONS..or any other possibly addictive alternative. On that note- I understand it's hard.. and these things I have used- but the key is, when you truly want to stop, quit, begin a real meaningful life again, YOU must quit everything.

I know this is harsh, and it is.. one of if not the hardest thing you will attempt to accomplish in your life. This is however how you will achieve a normal drug free life again- and you will, if you believe in yourself. Cut all the fat. You must re-wire your brain to not rely on these man made anchors.. we were meant to be just as we all were before we started this nasty obsession.. clean.

Only you will make this decision.. it's up to just YOU. Again I will tell you will with 100% confidence - that if you can do the time and refrain from it all, you will be happy again someday. It does take time.. everyone is unfortunately different. So there are no real time tables(You can make you own conclusion to that by everyone else's posts on here and elsewhere)

I personally did not go the route of professional help because it all comes down to WILL POWER and DRIVE to not want to be in a self destructive prison everyday. I am not against that at all it just wasn't for me. It will take discipline..and again, it will be hard, but I am here to tell you- YOU will again love yourself, your family, your friends, and your overall situation. Good luck and I truly do wish the best on your journey back to a beautiful normal life.. you will SMILE naturally again..the world is way too beautiful to waste it on a poison. Be well!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-11-2017 at 03:02 PM.

sliverhope is offline New Member

" a textbook or even a medical professional won't give a 100% evaluation of how it REALLY is.. Bc most cases they haven't experienced it fully or at all first hand.. they only know what they were told, read, or taught.

YOU must quit everything.

You must re-wire your brain to not rely on these man made anchors.. we were meant to be just as we all were before we started this nasty obsession.. clean.

I personally did not go the route of professional help because it all comes down to WILL POWER and DRIVE to not want to be in a self destructive prison everyday. I am not against that at all it just wasn't for me. It will take discipline..and again, it will be hard, but I am here to tell you- YOU will again love yourself, your family"

@DoinTime-
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience and insight!
    For years, I wondered if I was TRULY addicted to the oxycodone my doctor has been prescribing me for my back and ankle injuries up to now; he says I'm not an addict - but now I have to face the gritty truth that I am. This means it's time to stop my dependence. Like you mentioned, it makes no sense to me (and this is only my personal opinion and no disrespect to other'opinions) to seek the advice of a "professional" to tell me and advise me on what you all on this site share.
    It's so important to me now more than ever, to get my life back, however long it takes! Because of you and this forum, I now have the strength, knowledge, and faith in myself to talk with my family, and start the genuine process of getting off of these demon pills-knowing that the withdrawal is SO necessary to get to the other side!
    Thank you and all who wish to share... and for those feeling depressed and wondering if the pain, trembles, bad feelings are worth finally being free -
    trust me, IT IS! PLEASE PRAY FOR ME...

shandylynn is offline New Member

hi...never dreamt to be here but I am just like all of you. .I'm finally starting to get off my prescription med from Dr. ..it's been many years...I do have chronic pain.not going into too much detail as first day on suboxone....well second time....I tried 3 years ago and failed....I'm trying again today...after taking 2mg suboxone from Dr at 10 pm last night.it's now 830am..I feel so depressed and crying and miss my friend percocet. it's that dumb..I'm tearing up because I feel this way...I really want to stop taking these percs but has anyone felt this way..I feel so unsure of how my life is going to be without the support of taking them...blaaa I guess I could use some support to help..me right now.there really isn't anyone who understands as much as you guys on here...

shandylynn is offline New Member

I will pray for you and you sure sound like a strong person..I pray I can be also

lisacalt is offline New Member

I was taking oxycodone at one point for neuropathy after tramadol did not help alleviate my pain. It started with 10mg of Percocet 3 times a day, then I had a different physician who was receptive to my pain and prescribed 80mg of oxycodone a day, 20mg 4 times a day. I insulfated the pills for relief. They worked great. I quickly developed a tolerance to the opioid medicine and grew afraid that I'd develop a worse opioid addiction so I titrated myself off the medication myself. It was the worst experience I've had with use of any medication...sweating,diarrhea,exhaustion,depressi on,anxiety,.....I will not use opioid medications ever again. Only short term use for acute severe pain if I need it. I broke my foot and went to urgent care instead of a hospital and sweat in pain 2 weeks without any pain medication....then in dire pain took opioid pills....Vicodin..and developed another tolerance so I stopped the medication. When I stopped opioid use I had an epileptic seizure even while taking anticonvulsant medication. Opioid medication can be dangerous for certain people who have the effects that I did. I would consider medical marijuana in lieu of opioid medications. Hope this message provides some comfort knowing you are not the only one who has gone through opioid withdrawal. Research medical marijuana and benzodiazepines taken together with an antidepressant. Perhaps additional anticonvulsant medication like gabapentin.

lisacalt is offline New Member

yes there is life after opioid withdrawal. Find a physician who you can be honest with and research medical marijuana. There is no need to suffer. My compassion to you. Stay strong and get another pharmaceutical that treats your pain. It's 2018. You do not need to suffer. Good luck.

Judy3755 is online now Member

Thank you for your post, I'm in the middle of stopping methadone after 20 years and now have been on Subutex for 6 months, I hope I can make it and end up feeling like you do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12