Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki14
Thinking positive starting prozac
    Jacki14 is offline New Member

Default Thinking positive starting prozac

Just wondering if it’s quite common when you start fluoxetine to feel more nervous & anxious? I’m taking this for anxiety and certainly don’t like the idea of having more anxiousness but I heard this passes ... can anyone attest to this? Also I seem to be waking up now a lot at night
    I’m currently on day 5 of mg. Much thanks for Amy positive insight
    PuffinMuffins likes this.

Genscripts is offline Banned

Prozac (fluoxetine) is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) antidepressant. ... Prozac is used to treat the major depressive disorder, bulimia nervosa (an eating disorder), obsessive-compulsive disorder, and panic disorder. You can take it by some limitation dont disorder any medicine.

PuffinMuffins is offline New Member

my best friend/room mate just started prozac, switching from 75 mg effexor xr + 1mg 3x a day xanax. he's still on the xanax, but noticed an increased "need" for it (he previously often only took half-2/3 of his prescribed xanax a day), telling me he felt more nervous as well. while in his case it may also be the "withdrawal" from the effexor, but he noticed that the anxiety seems to be caused in part by the change in his approach to stressful situations. he's less emotionally responsive, and doesn't quite know how to deal with it yet, describing his state as "zombie like" while undergoing stress, but in hindsight, after the stress has passed, has noticed that he's actually coped better and that lessened emotional response is just unfamiliar and surreal to him, and change makes him anxious.
    of course this might not be the medication for him, or for you, but I feel like from what I've observed, his experience is "so far so good" despite some nervousness regarding the change in response. he says it's new and strange but genuinely believes it's helping and will be a definite positive change once he gets accustomed to the changes.