Traveling With Suboxone
    Suaey is offline New Member

Default Traveling With Suboxone

I am traveling from Australia to USA next month and I am on the program. I was wondering if anyone has done this? what are the legal requirements all of that information? If anyone could answer this question for me ASAP it would be greatly appreciated as I need to know if i need to taper off or now.
    Thanks very much

kidmonster is offline Junior Member

Hey, I dont think you;ll have a problem, Ive been on a plane with suboxone, not international, but id bet your fine

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Suaey View Post
    I am traveling from Australia to USA next month and I am on the program. I was wondering if anyone has done this? what are the legal requirements all of that information? If anyone could answer this question for me ASAP it would be greatly appreciated as I need to know if i need to taper off or now.
    Thanks very much

Suaey ..... Suboxone is a legal medication in the United States the same as in Australia. As long as your meds are in the original RX bottle, and you possess the correct quantity of pills as your prescription says you should have, then you should have NO problems passing through U.S. Customs with your prescription anymore than if it was a blood pressure prescription.

I would probably talk with my dr in Australia and see if he will write you a slightly larger prescription prior to leaving Australia so you'll have plenty of time to find another sub dr when you arrive here in the USA if you intend on staying on the subs or plan on being in the USA for an extended period of time. That would be better than the dr adding numerous refills to the prescription. I'm not sure about refills being legally honored on a prescription from another country even though it's totally legal to refill scripts of suboxone from one state to another in this country. You're talking about a script from another country however and I can't advise you of the validity of refills from a dr licensed outside the United States.

DON'T try to carry the meds through US Customs without carrying the pills in the original legal RX bottle, but as long as you're being honest at Customs you won't have any problems. Hope that helps. Let me know if I can help you further in any way. Good luck and God bless
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-15-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Businessman1 is offline Member

I've travelled with meds before.

Your Ozy prescription will not be valid in the US.

Also, for some opiates there is a limit to the amount you are able to bring in to some countries. I know there is a limit to the amount of methadone for example. You should be able to google Subs - the DEA has a section on it's web-site and I believe a help-line.

I would also get a letter from your doctor just in-case. 99.99% they will not stop you for pill bottles.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Hi Businessman .... I have also traveled with subs in and out of US Customs, but not to or from Australia. I know you've done more international traveling than I have especially while in possession of subs. So I would not be in a position to question what you're saying on this specific subject.

I agree about checking google for the DEA regulations, Custom regulations, one could check with a United States embassy it would seem but I am not the right person to verify this information.

I would agree with Businessman and make sure of US regulations by checking with the appropriate authorities before showing up at US Customs unanounced with scheduled drugs in my possession. Hope that helps and saves an embarassing situation that could be avoided with a little simple research. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-15-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Emilie85 is offline New Member

Can I ask how you went I am doing the same in November and need info, did u just go for the esta visa???