Trazodone side effect
    Minnieme is offline New Member

Default Trazodone side effect

Been on 50mg dose at night for insomnia but once in a while I am having some very strange vision problems when I wake up. Hard to describe but almost like seeing many images when I view something. Has anyone else had this while taking the med?

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Minnieme View Post
    Been on 50mg dose at night for insomnia but once in a while I am having some very strange vision problems when I wake up. Hard to describe but almost like seeing many images when I view something. Has anyone else had this while taking the med?

So sorry for missing your question. Any time we have vision problems after starting on a medication the dr should be called. Could be a problem with the dose or the medication itself for you. Or your specific problem may be totally unrelated. But the dr needs to know.

It so happens that blurred vision can be a side effect of trazodone. You should make the dr aware of the problem. I remember having my vision affected right at first but it didn't last long as I recall. Thats been since the 90s so it's not fresh in my mind.

Go to the top of this page to the search box. Enter trazodone and click the drug search button. Look at the medical facts link that comes up. There a lot of links available. You will see the vision side effect shown there. You should read about the drugs you take, check for interactions, etc. Lots of things you can do with this site in addition to the forum. God bless.

JPerry811 is offline New Member

I've been taking Trazodone for about a year now, nightly, at 25 mg. I absolutely know what you mean about waking up with blurred vision, and it takes a few minutes for it to sort itself out. If that seems to be treating your insomnia, and there are no other bad side effects, stick with it, because it stops happening after awhile.