Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MaisieC
ultrams and the aftermath!!
    aurora m myers is offline New Member

Default ultrams and the aftermath!!

They say this is a non addicting non narcotic pill....WRONG!! MY husband has been addicted to all trims for over 15 years. 22 days ago he checked himself into rehab he's been clean ever since. Now the real problem start he is physically mentally and emotionally a wreck. He goes to meetings and everything is the trigger. I feel so bad because I can't relate or help the way he's feeling. We tried to have sex for the first time after him being clean and he PE. He was so hard on himself and I think he was mostly embarrassed. The after affects of this drug are totally bad I would not wish this on my worst enemy. It started off with about 5 a day then I saw it go up to aight a dayand then it went to what I thought was 10 a day when he came home from rehab he admitted to me that there were times he took over 20 pills a day. This broke my heart because I felt that I enabled him to do so because he didn't do this to get high anymore he did it to feel normal he was a fully functioning addict he worked he he was a great dad a great husband he help around the house he was the most patient man I knew. An outsider to look at him would never even know he was using. Now that he's home from rehab everything has changed. No more movie nights no more cuddles kisses or hugs he has to sleep on the living room floor in order to get any sleep at all I sleep in my bed all alone. No kisses unless its good night or good bye no helping around the house he's no longer working all he does is mope and put his headphones on and listen to music please if anyone out there is using or abusing this drug please get off before it's too late. Once you are off this opiate life will never be the same you now have to learn and reprogram your brain to function without it. It takes a toll on family life and daily activities that you would normally do. If you or anyone you know I loved ones a family member a spouse is doing ultram please be aware of the side effects and learn long term use. If anyone has any advice or has been through this with this type of pill pleaseshed some light

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

Hi Aurora,

I'm sorry I didn't see this before. I'm rarely on this site anymore. I know exactly what you're describing, and I want to encourage you not to give up or get too discouraged. I was addicted to ultram as well, for a couple of years. To say it's "non-narcotic" is just a word game--it's addictive and dangerous, and many of us feel it's a lot worse than traditional opiates. When I was on it, I had ringing in my ears constantly, and almost all my body hair fell out. It's a horrible drug--they don't understand it well, and they don't tell the truth about it, but it is very bad news.

To be honest with you, after I got clean off it I thought I would never be the same physically. I thought I would never have any energy ever again. I thought that was it. It was a hard road back, but I feel 100% better now. You are right you have to reprogram your brain and body to function without the drug. It takes a while. Don't give up, and tell your husband not to give up. He has been through some serious hell, and he should treat himself as though he's had a serious illness. There's no shame in taking time to recover from a serious illness. He must just continue to take care of himself--eat well, get exercise, and get as much sleep as he can, and he WILL get back to normal. It's not a question of weeks but rather of months. That is normal.

He's lucky to have a loving wife like you. He needs to try and not give up. Has he been assessed for depression? He sounds depressed to me. He needs to push himself--he will get better, but not without a big effort on his part. It's not going to happen by itself. You can't do it for him--he's got to do it.

Good luck to you both. It's a long road, but it can be done.

Take care,
    Maisie
    iloerose likes this.