waiting for induction
    JMAlv is offline Member

Default waiting for induction

I already have a thread where robert is helpin me but i though i'd post here, too, as it seems there are more people on subs here. if you read this, Robert, I am not abandoning my other thread, just posting here too to see if there are others who are going though this or have been through it. i took my last oc around 4:30 yesterday, waiting for induction and slowly starting to go crazy. symptoms are way too mild to start, as i do not want PAWS!! i feel awful but tolerable... more depressed than anything.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by JMAlv View Post
    I already have a thread where robert is helpin me but i though i'd post here, too, as it seems there are more people on subs here. if you read this, Robert, I am not abandoning my other thread, just posting here too to see if there are others who are going though this or have been through it. i took my last oc around 4:30 yesterday, waiting for induction and slowly starting to go crazy. symptoms are way too mild to start, as i do not want PAWS!! i feel awful but tolerable... more depressed than anything.

Jen ....... You WON'T get PAWS! Not hardly anyone gets PAWS, they just have w/d and think that is what it is. Post to Henry and some of the people who have been success stories that are still posting. Henry's dr had him on 32mg when he got here. I had him stop totally and start over going through w/d totally over again and we did a re-induction. We then inducted him at 1.25mg. Ask him, he will tell you the exact things I've said.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-18-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

babystimp is offline Junior Member

I don't think my doc. did a paws test on me, I was not even having w/d when I started, and he still gave me subs. I had the worst w/d I ever had, was in 90 degree weather with a winter coat on and still cold.. But the w/d only lasted hours instead of days or weeks. The doc. got me up to 16mg, and that's how much he prescribed me. Which was too much, after a couple yrs. on it, I tapered myself down to 4mg. I thought they were supposed to taper you down after they get you up to a certain mg? another thing is, I know a few people that go from pain pills to subs, and back and forth, I don't see how that wouldn't make them feel horrible? God Bless.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

There is no such thing as a PAWS test. It's using the COWS worksheet that determines if you're ready for sub induction. COWS is clinical opioid w/d scale. PAWS is a condition called Post Acute W/D Syndrome which contrary to what most people think doesn't even hit a person (if at all) until long after the initial w/d that follows detox. It's not going into precipitated w/d that the COWS worksheet helps to prevent.

Most sub drs put everyone on 16mg which is ignorance on their part. You went in preciptated w/d the way you describe what happened to you. They simply don't know what they are doing and are listening to drug salepersons giving them the drug company instructions which are meant to help sell their drugs. Funny that they most have BS degrees! lol No one needs 16mg of subs. NO ONE!!!

Drug addicts will always find a way to get high. If I wanted to use subs and pain pills both I could do it by spacing them out correctly. Some addicts buy subs on the street just to stay out of w/d when they run out of their drugs of choice. They are totally confused for doing that. Either use or get clean. But that's why they call it dope! You can drop a bad drug addict off on a dirt road in the country and they will find drugs by lunch if they want them badly enough. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-29-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.