Results 1 to 19 of 19
waiting for Suboxone withdrawls
  1. #1
    babystimp is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    26

    Question waiting for Suboxone withdrawls

    Hi,
    I have weaned myself from 16 mg to .5 mg of Suboxone, I have been on them for 4 yrs. I took my last .5 mg dose of suboxone Tuesday, and it is now Friday and I am still not experiencing any withdrawls. I know what withdrawls are like from these I tried getting off at 2mg and that was too big of a jump! The thing is, I had gotten tramadol from a friend, I thought it would help the pain from wd, but could this actually be stopping the withdrawls? I don't want to prolong the withdrawls. I do wake up with pain, I have had back surgeries, but then I will take 2 50mg tramadol, and it helps for the whole day. Has anyone ever tried tramadol to ease pain of wd, and could it be stopping the wd from sub? Also, did anyone else start to feel retarded taking sub? I felt like I just had to get off of them, I felt like i wasn't living anymore, I couldn't think, speak right, I couldn't get excited over anything anymore, and just lazy. Maybe just the yrs. of using opiates my brain has been a little fried, but it seems like suboxone made me feel like this more than other opiates. Thanks, love this site, it is very helpful!

  2. #2
    Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,748

    Default

    Tramadol works on the same brain receptors as other opiates do. It would be no different if you took hydrocodone to stop the w/d from the buprenorphine in the subs. You did well reducing down to .5mg but continuing with tramadol to end the sub w/d is a mistake. I suggest you taper down to .25mg, then do the day skipping process that has proven effective for years here on the forum. This process is explained at the end of the following link. Hope that makes sense to you and helps. You made it this far, don't give in with tramadol now is my best advice. God bless.

    https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

  3. #3
    HenryNCBA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern California Bay Area
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Hello Babystimp,

    I agree fully with Robert. Don't rely on the tramadol. You did wonderfully tapering down to .5mg and you are so close now. Take it down to .25mg by tapering 25% every 4 days then start the skipping days. That means take the .25mg then skip one day then dose then skip two days then dose then skip three days and so on. Once you take your last dose you are done. You can taper lower than .25 if you wish but I don't think you will need to and if I were you I would not be complaining about not feeling withdrawal. The vast majority of folks would love to be in your position of not feeling the withdrawals believe me on that. Count your blessing and consider it a reward for doing the right thing.
    Keep charging forward and keep posting to let us know how you are doing. If you need help let us know. We are cheering you on!

    Henry

  4. #4
    babystimp is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Thanks guys, I will take your advice. But Henry, I wasn't complaining about not having wd, I was just wanting to know if the tramadol could be keeping me from having wd, if it acts like an opiate, i've been through wd from many opiates and I know what pure hell it is. I now know that I need to stop the tramadol, I just wanted something to help the pain of wd, not to stop the wd. I have to go through hell eventually. God Bless

  5. #5
    HenryNCBA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern California Bay Area
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babystimp View Post
    Thanks guys, I will take your advice. But Henry, I wasn't complaining about not having wd, I was just wanting to know if the tramadol could be keeping me from having wd, if it acts like an opiate, i've been through wd from many opiates and I know what pure hell it is. I now know that I need to stop the tramadol, I just wanted something to help the pain of wd, not to stop the wd. I have to go through hell eventually. God Bless
    Gottcha!

    Okay I understand now. Sometimes I need a bop on the head to get it clear for me. It is hard to say if the tram is blocking the effects of W/D but I doubt it. If you take trams then subs and trams then subs too closely together if anything I would say you would feel VERY bad. Good question though. I will research this one as now I am curious.

    Henry

  6. #6
    jboss10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Hey Baby

    Yeah, the Trams are most definitely making you feel normal. I used and abused those guys for many months. Very addictive! 100mg of the Trams is a pretty normal dose but would plug those receptors up in a second. I dislike the fact that the pharmaceutical company classifies these as "non-narcotic". It's a load of you know what. A lot of people think that by taking these they aren't using something narcotic based and will be out of the woods. It's upsetting the community can be so naive. Just stick to what Robert tells ya. Best advice. You got this, don't worry about taking those Trams it may have set you back a bit but nothing big. Just chuck them out, you don't need it. Discard all opiates in your possession. It will be a trigger during the coming off of Subs. Best Wishes!

    -JBoss
    "But there's no need to pretend, no need for innocence. I've got to be honest now"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default I did the same exact thing!!!

    Hi, I just did the same exact thing. It seems like we were about the same dose of subs. and i tried to quit, took tramadol for 3 days and I thought it would help.
    THEN
    I posted just like u did and
    The nice people of this community informed told me the same things they are telling you.

    THEY ARE ALL 100% right.

    I realize now its just your brain receptors not used to any fun. it doesn't matter what it is on them. If you look up my other post you can see some great info there were alot of great inputs and I documented exactly what I went through(Hell). but only for a few days. I'm clean 6 days right now. I feel great I actually went to the gym again for the first time today and been smokin some reef and I feel good.

    I felt I had to get off too man. Those subs def helped me kick my habit but they make u feel "Synthetically" Good. like you feel kind of good but your living a FAKE kind of life. All your energy is from the subs. just being off a week i'm getting the real feelings back. I feel like my "OLD" self again. Ur right about that. I realize now how SHADY i was being. Like i had no care to just go be happy and fun and drink with my friends. I was still always focused on maintining and feeling good from the subs. ANd Going back to work after detoxing was so wierd. cause i was on the subs when i interviewed and have been the whole time I had this job. My first day back clean I barely felt like i remeberd being there. like i was a ghost in a movie. my whole memory of the place was while i was on subs and now i realize thats where my whole drive came from and it was all a lie and false. i'm starting my life over how it used to be before pills man. i was a way greater person before this ********.

    If you have to cold turkey like i did here are the keys to winning: If not get a taper plan from robert. but in the end the trams make it way worse. they are a long acting whatever so it just makes the withdrawls longer i read that.

    1.) HEART you gotta show some heart Get tough. (I had a bunch of suboxone in my cabinent the whole time and I KNEW IT) Its been donated now. out of house.

    2.) HOT BATHS Stay in the shower or tub all day if you can

    3.) i did take Ibuprophens the whole time and some tylenols as well. I really think these helped. Just a little bit though....

    4.) WATCH the rocky movies all day. I'm not joking I did this. I couldnt really watch too much the 1st day caunse i was too sick but i been watching them constantly.

    5.) PRAY... or count. You have to do something in your head to pass the time... I said a million prayers.

    6.) Visualize something that inspires you. For me, It's my family, I have two kids and a pregnant wife, so i just thought to myself i have to do this for my unborn kid. and I just kept telling myself that.

    here's the whole post:
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...ted-57737.html


    GOD SPEED MY FRIEND!!!!!! SALUTE!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default also question for jboss

    Hi JBOSS, THanks for posting to my other thread I've been reading alot of your posts and they are very helpful. Your a good dude for helping all these folks. And myself thanks a million.... I really feel like a new man.

    quick tech question though, how do i start a new thread on here???

  9. #9
    jboss10 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Hate_Suboxone_And_Opiates_Never_Ever_Again View Post
    Hi, I just did the same exact thing. It seems like we were about the same dose of subs. and i tried to quit, took tramadol for 3 days and I thought it would help.
    THEN
    I posted just like u did and
    The nice people of this community informed told me the same things they are telling you.

    THEY ARE ALL 100% right.

    I realize now its just your brain receptors not used to any fun. it doesn't matter what it is on them. If you look up my other post you can see some great info there were alot of great inputs and I documented exactly what I went through(Hell). but only for a few days. I'm clean 6 days right now. I feel great I actually went to the gym again for the first time today and been smokin some reef and I feel good.

    I felt I had to get off too man. Those subs def helped me kick my habit but they make u feel "Synthetically" Good. like you feel kind of good but your living a FAKE kind of life. All your energy is from the subs. just being off a week i'm getting the real feelings back. I feel like my "OLD" self again. Ur right about that. I realize now how SHADY i was being. Like i had no care to just go be happy and fun and drink with my friends. I was still always focused on maintining and feeling good from the subs. ANd Going back to work after detoxing was so wierd. cause i was on the subs when i interviewed and have been the whole time I had this job. My first day back clean I barely felt like i remeberd being there. like i was a ghost in a movie. my whole memory of the place was while i was on subs and now i realize thats where my whole drive came from and it was all a lie and false. i'm starting my life over how it used to be before pills man. i was a way greater person before this ********.

    If you have to cold turkey like i did here are the keys to winning: If not get a taper plan from robert. but in the end the trams make it way worse. they are a long acting whatever so it just makes the withdrawls longer i read that.

    1.) HEART you gotta show some heart Get tough. (I had a bunch of suboxone in my cabinent the whole time and I KNEW IT) Its been donated now. out of house.

    2.) HOT BATHS Stay in the shower or tub all day if you can

    3.) i did take Ibuprophens the whole time and some tylenols as well. I really think these helped. Just a little bit though....

    4.) WATCH the rocky movies all day. I'm not joking I did this. I couldnt really watch too much the 1st day caunse i was too sick but i been watching them constantly.

    5.) PRAY... or count. You have to do something in your head to pass the time... I said a million prayers.

    6.) Visualize something that inspires you. For me, It's my family, I have two kids and a pregnant wife, so i just thought to myself i have to do this for my unborn kid. and I just kept telling myself that.

    here's the whole post:
    https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-tal...ted-57737.html


    GOD SPEED MY FRIEND!!!!!! SALUTE!

    Man oh man. That one main paragraph hit home for me because that is EXACTLY how I was living my life. I was chasing that "maintaining" high for so darn long. I couldn't agree more with you with the work thing and going out with friends. It's like you took my thoughts right out of my head. When I went back to my part-time job that is exactly how I felt. I felt different, I felt as though I was a ghost and felt like I wasn't involved. It was the first time in 3 years where I wasn't on a sub or opiate at work. It was the most bizarre feeling in the world and is so hard to explain. You're right with the drive/energy. I was so "oh yeah, let's do this! I can do that for you! Of course of course! Have A GREAT day!". Don't get me wrong, I've always been a people person and am a nice guy but like you said it was fake. That drive is coming back and will take time. You have to start over again. Need to relearn all the things that the drugs helped stimulate and learn to do them on your own! Good Post Man! I'm glad you're doing good!

    Go back to whichever section you want to post. Whether it being "Featured Drugs" or "Need To Talk". There is a "New Thread" botton on the top left above everyone else's threads.

    -Jboss
    "But there's no need to pretend, no need for innocence. I've got to be honest now"

  10. #10
    Normankay is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Don't worry the withdrawals will come. Tramadol is worthless man. Tell your doctor you want a couple of xanax maybe 30 days worth. Xanax is hard to quit after long use, but if used for short periods of time during withdrawals it will help. And ask for some Trazadone, its an old anti-depresant/sleep med.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-12-2011 at 07:01 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default wow

    [deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-12-2011 at 07:01 PM.

  12. #12
    babystimp is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Normankay View Post
    Don't worry the withdrawals will come. Tramadol is worthless man. Tell your doctor you want a couple of xanax maybe 30 days worth. Xanax is hard to quit after long use, but if used for short periods of time during withdrawals it will help. And ask for some Trazadone, its an old anti-depresant/sleep med.
    I don't know, I honestly think the tramadol is stopping my withdrawls. I am prescribed xanax 60 peaches a month, which my doc wouldn't give a stronger muscle relaxer than flexeril for my back pain, because he says they are addicting, then he goes and prescribes me xanax, which was only suppose to be for the dentist, he first perscibed me 10 then I asked for a refill and when I picked them up from the pharmacy I saw that it was a script for 60 with 2 refills, take as needed for anxiety! I'm not gonna say anything to the doc about his mess up, I do have bad anxiety sometimes, but I only take a few a month. Belive it or not I can have stuff like xanax and take them very sparingly. I was never one to really take meds to get high, I developed this dependancy to pain meds from my back surgeries, I was young when I had my first one and he told me if I take the meds right I wouldn't get addicted! Yeah right! I do have trazadone left over from yrs ago for sleep, so I was planning on using those to help me sleep.

  13. #13
    Normankay is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    92

    Default

    I didn't think I was going to get hooked on xanax when the dr. first prescribed them to me. I was wrong man and they only added insult to injury man. Be as sparing as possible with them. I never had a problem quitting them when I did H, however they were a mother to quit after long time use.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default Wow

    I'm so sorry for swearing. wont happen again.

    jboss i'm so glad you confirmed that i'm not going crazy when i felt like that. Its crazy stuff. I'm on 7 full days now. did you also give up all the stuff you love while you were doing this stuff? I quit watching movies, listening and playing music, golfing, sports, basically evertything i've ever loved?


    another question though.....

    I don't have RLS at all so take that out of the picture.

    1.) how long till i can expect to sleep again. like real sleep. I wake up 100 times a night with ear, shoulder, back pain. Severe pains.

  15. #15
    Normankay is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    92

    Default

    2-3 more weeks until sleeping is almost 4-6 hours

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default man u just made me wanna swear again

    man u just made me wanna swear again

  17. #17
    bOoOsteR is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Like other people have said - the tramadol is delaying the withdrawal symptoms.

    I suggest stop taking the tramadol and then ween yourself off of the subs.

    good luck!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC Metro Region
    Posts
    54

    Default

    I don't know anything about Tramadol but you can trust what Robert and others that have told you about how they work on your brain. I switched from 200-400 mg per day of Oxycodone (plus >>>>>> when my scripts would run out) to 16mg per day of Suboxone (which was too much) and tapered over one year to .25 per day at the end. Then I detoxed and waited for the withdrawal I was still expecting...and waited...and waited...and waited. 21 days later I went back home and started a new life. I never went through the withdrawal I was expecting. What I DID go through was basic insomnia, some diarrhea, mild anxiety and lethargy and depression...but nothing like I feared. I gotmsupport from peoplemon these boards and others from my network of recovering people from home. If I can do it anyone can.

  19. #19
    xguntherc is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    These posts are making me feel better, and worried at the same time.. I absolutely hate the feeling of wd.. as do we all.

    I used three 8 mg subs to quit a 150mg OC a day habit in about a week, was hell. But now I feel im facing a lighter situation. I posted more details earlier in my own post. Feel free to check it out guys. Thanks for all the good info

Similar Threads

  1. Suboxone withdrawls
    By jrox57 in forum Latest Drug Related News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-15-2018, 07:54 PM
  2. 40 mgs methadone to suboxone (waiting to induce )
    By jana34 in forum Suboxone Treatment
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-19-2015, 01:36 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 10:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22