Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Want to get off Subs and need help. Please.
    lostinparadise is offline Junior Member

Default Want to get off Subs and need help. Please.

Ok. Here's my story (in brief). I was a ten year opiate addict and around eight months ago I switched from oxycontin (145 mgs a day) to 10mg a day of Suboxone (switched quickly to Subutex). Within one month, I had tapered myself down to 4mgs and was very happy. No drug cravings. No withdrawal symptoms. I had my life back. Well, about two months ago, I found myself needing a little bit more Subutex every day...and I don't know why. Anyway, I'm now back at 8-10mgs of Subutex a day and I hate myself for going back to my original dose...and it's also finally time to be free of it all. I really just don't want to take anything anymore. And I also really don't want my dose to continue going up. (Is this even normal?) Can somebody help? Please? Getting a little desperate as this is starting to feel a lot like my oxy habit (pill in a pocket, waking up in the middle of the night needing to take something).

Anyway, I've lurked on these pages for a long time and know all about the 20% reduction schedule every four days, but don't know if it needs to be individualized because I seem to be going up in dose, and not down.

I throw myself into your hands... I'm ready to be off for good and need some guidance.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to me...

Best,
    Lost

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by lostinparadise View Post
    Ok. Here's my story (in brief). I was a ten year opiate addict and around eight months ago I switched from oxycontin (145 mgs a day) to 10mg a day of Suboxone (switched quickly to Subutex). Within one month, I had tapered myself down to 4mgs and was very happy. No drug cravings. No withdrawal symptoms. I had my life back. Well, about two months ago, I found myself needing a little bit more Subutex every day...and I don't know why. Anyway, I'm now back at 8-10mgs of Subutex a day and I hate myself for going back to my original dose...and it's also finally time to be free of it all. I really just don't want to take anything anymore. And I also really don't want my dose to continue going up. (Is this even normal?) Can somebody help? Please? Getting a little desperate as this is starting to feel a lot like my oxy habit (pill in a pocket, waking up in the middle of the night needing to take something).

Anyway, I've lurked on these pages for a long time and know all about the 20% reduction schedule every four days, but don't know if it needs to be individualized because I seem to be going up in dose, and not down.

I throw myself into your hands... I'm ready to be off for good and need some guidance.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to me...

Best,
    Lost

Here is the link to the method I've used with people here on the forum for years. It's a 25% reduction, not a 20% reduction every four days. It's a mind over matter thing. Subs aren't a miracle, they are just a tool to help you end your opiate addiction. You still have to do the work. But read the link and then if you want me to help you do this I'll be happy to. Just need you to stick to the plan I give you as we progress forward. I need to know the exact dose you're stable at so that we can have a starting point whether it's 8mg, 10mg or whatever. Let me know what you think after you read the link. And we always do this on an symptomatic basis based on what is happening with you specifically. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-05-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Here is the link to the method I've used with people here on the forum for years. It's a 25% reduction, not a 20% reduction every four days. It's a mind over matter thing. Subs aren't a miracle, they are just a tool to help you end your opiate addiction. You still have to do the work. But read the link and then if you want me to help you do this I'll be happy to. Just need you to stick to the plan I give you as we progress forward. I need to know the exact dose you're stable at so that we can have a starting point whether it's 8mg, 10mg or whatever. Let me know what you think after you read the link. And we always do this on an symptomatic basis based on what is happening with you specifically. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Yes, I read the sticky again and I meant 25%. As for my exact dose, some days I'm okay with 8mg and some days I need 10mgs...and I don't like to take more than I need, hence the two doses. That being said, would you suggest starting at 10mg for purposes of the taper?

Thank you, Robert, for your help with this... I was hoping you would answer.

Yes, I read the sticky again and I meant 25%. As for my exact dose, some days I'm okay with 8mg and some days I need 10mgs...and I don't like to take more than I need, hence the two doses. That being said, would you suggest starting at 10mg for purposes of the taper?

Thank you, Robert, for your help with this... I was hoping you would answer.

Yes I would start at 10mg. Do that for four days, then drop to 8mg four days. Then drop to 6mg four days, Stay in touch as you're going down. You shouldn't have any trouble with this schedule. No one has any problems at these high doses. Post for support but you should sail through this at least until you're down under 2mg. Let me know how you're doing. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Yes I would start at 10mg. Do that for four days, then drop to 8mg four days. Then drop to 6mg four days, Stay in touch as you're going down. You shouldn't have any trouble with this schedule. No one has any problems at these high doses. Post for support but you should sail through this at least until you're down under 2mg. Let me know how you're doing. God bless.
    Thank you. Will do. Since I've been at 10mgs for awhile, would it be okay to just drop to 8mgs tomorrow and see how I do? Also, on the days where I feel like I need more, I normally take 2mgs, but should I just try a sliver or would it be better to just try and power through the withdrawal symptoms? Thx! Sorry for all the questions. I want to get this right.

Thank you. Will do. Since I've been at 10mgs for awhile, would it be okay to just drop to 8mgs tomorrow and see how I do? Also, on the days where I feel like I need more, I normally take 2mgs, but should I just try a sliver or would it be better to just try and power through the withdrawal symptoms? Thx! Sorry for all the questions. I want to get this right.

Yes you can start at 8mg tomorrow. But there is no adding 2mg on any particular day because you feel like you need it. You don't need it. You have to decide if you really want to stop this or not. There are no slivers at 8mg doses. A sliver doesn't even possibly come into the picture until you are down at like 1mg or so.

It sounds like you've just been taking these however you want to. If you're going to do that then you don't belong on this taper. This is a regimented plan where you take exactly what you're supposed to each day. If you don't do it like that exactly, then it's a waste of your time and mine too. I don't have the time to waste.

I need to know that you will do this exactly per the schedule for me to be involved. I have more to do than I can keep up with. I will never turn anyone away if they are serious. But there are not any days where you tell yourself that you think you'd feel better with an extra 2mg so you take 2mg extra. I don't have time for that type of plan at all as that isn't a plan. That is you taking a shot at it and if it works out you do it, if it not then you take more. That isn't a plan. Are you with me?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-05-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Yes you can start at 8mg tomorrow. But there is no adding 2mg on any particular day because you feel like you need it. You don't need it. You have to decide if you really want to stop this or not. There are no slivers at 8mg doses. A sliver doesn't even possibly come into the picture until you are down at like 1mg or so.

It sounds like you've just been taking these however you want to. If you're going to do that then you don't belong on this taper. This is a regimented plan where you take exactly what you're supposed to each day. If you don't do it like that exactly, then it's a waste of your time and mine too. I don't have the time to waste.

I need to know that you will do this exactly per the schedule for me to be involved. I have more to do than I can keep up with. I will never turn anyone away if they are serious. But there are not any days where you tell yourself that you think you'd feel better with an extra 2mg so you take 2mg extra. I don't have time for that type of plan at all as that isn't a plan. That is you taking a shot at it and if it works out you do it, if it not then you take more. That isn't a plan. Are you with me?
    I'm with you. I actually don't know why I sometimes need more on one day than on another or why I suddenly began creeping up from 4mg to 6mg to 8mg (after tapering down to 4mg). Do you get a tolerance for subutex just like any other drug? I remember being happy at 4mg and then after a few months, there were days that I'd feel withdrawals in the afternoon so I'd take 2mg more (per my doctor's instructions)...and low and behold I'm now back at 10 mg. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that at 8mg, I feel achy in the late afternoon (FYI: I normally take my dose 4mg in the morning and 4 - 6 mg in the evening) and that's why I asked about the slivers. I guess I'll just have to deal with the achy feeling... but will I feel like I'm in mild to moderate withdrawals the whole time I'm tapering? Everybody here makes it seem like tapering will be easy (at least down to 2mg) and it was easy when I was just starting on subutex, but now I've been on it for 8 mos, it might not be so easy. But I really want to do this, so I'll have to make it work.

Thanks for your help thus far. I'm in this til the end.

Lost

Lost .... then try taking 3mg in the morning and 5mg at late afternoon. DON'T go over 8mg no matter what! It's imperative. You shouldn't be building a tolerance to subs. That's why we use them. I'm counting on you. God bless..

Lost .... then try taking 3mg in the morning and 5mg at late afternoon. DON'T go over 8mg no matter what! It's imperative. You shouldn't be building a tolerance to subs. That's why we use them. I'm counting on you. God bless..
    Got it. I won't. Thanks. I'll let you know how I do.

Well... made it through one day at 8mg (down from 10mg). Sadly, I'm a little achy and sweaty feeling. Hopefully, tomorrow will be easier. Does your body adjust to the lower doses or will I be a little sick feeling throughout the entire taper process? Just wondering. Thx for all your help.

SunnySideUp is offline Junior Member

Well... made it through one day at 8mg (down from 10mg). Sadly, I'm a little achy and sweaty feeling. Hopefully, tomorrow will be easier. Does your body adjust to the lower doses or will I be a little sick feeling throughout the entire taper process? Just wondering. Thx for all your help.
    You should taper yourself. I tapered myself pretty quickly, but at the MOST I took 8mg. per day. I usually cut that in half, and took 1/4 morning + 1/4 afternoon. So usually I just took 4 mg. per day. When I decided to get off 1 week before i quit, (after 3 years of taking them daily) I just took 1/4 of an 8mg (which is 2mg) and then just decided to stop. I knew in my head that I planned to be sick for 14 days. Most people do not advise jumping off at 2 mg. even that is too much. Try if you can, if you have the self control, to get down to a little tiny bit, like less than 1mg. (or grains of rice sizes) per day. Or, maybe do 1mg. every OTHER day. The w/d shouldn't be too bad, but then again, if you are already sick, just stop it altogether. Just rip the bandaid off, don't tear it off slowly. I was sick for 10 days straight, but no painful w/d's. Just no energy, cold/hot flashes, could not clean my house, couldn't sleep and had diarreah a few times. I was pretty depressed throughout those days, but I am unemployed and after 3 years, I couldn't keep doing it. It was just a matter of time. Now, day 11 and I can not believe how much better i feel. Its so worth it. I would reccomend google the Thomas Recipe for At Home Detox. I could not have done it without taking like, 11 vitamins per day, and drinking gatorade like its outta style. Good Luck!

You will adjust and your body will become acclimated to the changes. But it only works if you stick with it. Going from 10mg to 8mg should not be a big deal. Hang in there. God bless.

You will adjust and your body will become acclimated to the changes. But it only works if you stick with it. Going from 10mg to 8mg should not be a big deal. Hang in there. God bless.
    Thank you both. Still at 4mgs for the day and feel fine (better than last night for some reason). That being said, I can't wait to be off this drug -- although subutex was a life-saver for me, I'm ready to be drug free after ten years.

Ok. tapered down to 6mg from 10mg, but having a hard time. Achy. Sweaty. Hot feeling all the time. Is this normal?

Ok. tapered down to 6mg from 10mg, but having a hard time. Achy. Sweaty. Hot feeling all the time. Is this normal?

You were on 10mg just a couple days ago. You just dropped 40% in two days? That will make you sick as a dog. You're not following the taper instructions. On the 5th I suggested you do 10mg four days.

Next you should have gone to 8mg for four days, then go to 6mg on the fifth day. You can't do it like this or you'll be going into bad w/d. It's just staring now.

You're jumping around on your doses just like we discussed NOT doing. I can't advise you on doing this if this is the way you're going to do it. Let me know. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-12-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Robert, I am following your instructions... I asked if I could go from 10 mgs to 8mgs on the first day of the taper because I've been steady at 10 for awhile and you said okay (per your post on 10/5 at 9:48 pm)... and today is my fifth day of the taper so I'm supposed to go from 8mgs to 6mgs... again per your instructions... and now feel pretty sick (mild withdrawals) and wondered if that's normal. (Please don't abandon me, if I'm doing something wrong, I'll fix it.)

It seems like everybody else has no problem tapering at these higher doses and I'm having a real problem... have you ever encountered this before?

Robert, I am following your instructions... I asked if I could go from 10 mgs to 8mgs on the first day of the taper because I've been steady at 10 for awhile and you said okay (per your post on 10/5 at 9:48 pm)... and today is my fifth day of the taper so I'm supposed to go from 8mgs to 6mgs... again per your instructions... and now feel pretty sick (mild withdrawals) and wondered if that's normal. (Please don't abandon me, if I'm doing something wrong, I'll fix it.)

It seems like everybody else has no problem tapering at these higher doses and I'm having a real problem... have you ever encountered this before?

I recall you dropping to 8mg the first day now. There is NO reason to have problems at that high of a dose unless you are one of those people who need 5-7 days at each dose. That happens sometimes as individual metabolisms vary. Try going a couple extra days at each dose for a couple doses. See how that works for you. Probably will help. God bless.

I recall you dropping to 8mg the first day now. There is NO reason to have problems at that high of a dose unless you are one of those people who need 5-7 days at each dose. That happens sometimes as individual metabolisms vary. Try going a couple extra days at each dose for a couple doses. See how that works for you. Probably will help. God bless.
    Oh. That's good to know (re: matabolism). On the fourth day, I was finally comfortable at 8mgs and then I dropped to 6 mgs and it was very hard again. I've also noticed that these pills never last a full 24 hrs for me... that they'd wear off after about 23 hrs...and that 12hr oxys used to only last 8hrs.

Anyway, I'll give it a couple more days at 8 then before I try 6 again. Thank you, Robert... I know that you don't need to spend hours of your life ever day helping people get off drugs.

I'm having a real hard time with this and I don't know why... I can get down to about 6mgs (still a high dose I know) but anything lower than that and I burn up like I have a fever of 105. I don't know what to do. I really want off these pills but I can't seen to get below a real high dose. Is something just wrong with me? If somebody could help, that would be great.

Lost...

I'm having a real hard time with this and I don't know why... I can get down to about 6mgs (still a high dose I know) but anything lower than that and I burn up like I have a fever of 105. I don't know what to do. I really want off these pills but I can't seen to get below a real high dose. Is something just wrong with me? If somebody could help, that would be great.

Lost...

Lost .......... seriously you're not having a 105 degree fever are you? You wouldn't be able to sit up and type with a 105 fever. You would be delerious in bed.

To be honest with you, and I'm not judging, until this post you haven't spoken to me since October 13th. Look at the dates on your posts and replies above. At that time I told you about the metabolizing of drugs and how some people need to do things a little differently to get the same benefit as everyone else. That's one of the main reasons I ask people I'm working with to communicate with me regularly, it's that we are all different from each other. I need to hear from you regularly so I can keep up with your symptoms. I'm subscribed to this thread so anytime you post here drugs.com sends me an email and I know you've posted to me. I will never miss any of your posts that way.

I know you're excited about getting clean, and I'm not chastising you in any way for being all over the board talking with others. PLEASE understand that! There are LOTS of good people here that have gotten clean doing this same thing and they all have my utmost respect. They can also make suggestions to you. But honestly I don't read everyone else's threads unless they ask me a question. I'm too busy so I don't keep up with all the threads that aren't directed at me. So I don't know what you've done, been told to do, or anything if I don't hear from you. Make sense?

I can't answer all of your questions accurately with a long time span between our conversations. I need you to talk with me daily or every other day to know what is going on with you so I am able to help you effectively. Enough on that subject. And again I just want to help you, I am sure you know that!

Burning up with fever is NOT a common symptom to sub tapering. Have you had any illness recently, any flu symptoms or whatever? Is there anything in your medical history I need to know about? Also when you say you have trouble dropping below 6mg how long have you been at 6mg and what are you trying to reduce to in mg when you reduce? Tell me exactly what you've been doing and how you're doing it please so I'll know.

Talk with everyone on the forum, make friends, enjoy yourself and all the comradity! That is good for you and helps to make this more fun making friends here.. But I need you to check in with me AT LEAST every second day so I know exactly what is happening with you. We are all a little different and I need to keep up with your symptoms. We got you started on the taper early in the month, then you were jumping around with your dosing some, we got you back on track and I haven't spoke with you since.

Try to be specific with me. Tell me exactly what you've been doing over the last two weeks plus since we last talked. Even if you needed a week at each dose we should have you down to a little over 4mg by now at the MOST! I'll keep my eye out for your reply but burning up with fever could be a symptom of any number of things, some potentially serious that have nothing to do with this taper so talk to me. Let's see if we can figure out what's going on with you. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-30-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Hey, Robert. Thanks for responding. Let me try to fill you in on the last two weeks (if you're still willing to help me).

On the 13th (the last time we spoke before this last post of mine), you told me that people's metabolisms are different and that's why I might be having trouble tapering at 25% every four days and that I should push it out to like a week or so.. and that's what I did... So I kept myself for 8 all of that week (8 is no problem)... and then on the 18th (Monday), I tried going down to 6mgs and so I woke up in the morning and took my first dose of 4mgs (no problem) and then a few hours later, I started feeling hot and achy so I took another 2mgs which stabilzed me for a bit and then at about 4pm, I started feeling hot and achy again and I didn't want to take anything more, so I just stayed that way (and was pretty miserable).

The next morning (the 19th), I took another 4mgs and could never quite feel good again. Took another 2mgs later in the day and still felt terrible (like I had the flu and/or a bad fever). Now, here's the irony... everybody in my office has been getting sick... so I wasn't sure if I was sick and/or withdrawing (does anybody else have that problem?). So, I went back to the full 8mgs, and felt better but not great (I'm guessing I was sick). On the 25th, I went down to 6mgs again and it honestly feels like I'm buring up inside until I get the full dose of 8mgs in me (maybe 105 is an exaggeration, but it feels like a really bad fever) ... and it doesn't feel like I'm stabilizing anywhere.

(On the 27th - 29th, I got a three day migraine, the whole reason the doctors put me on the oxys -- my old vice -- in the first place...as I get chronic head pain...and any drastic changes in my lifestye, food, weather, diet and, yes, changing medication can trigger an episode.)

So now it's the 30th and I'm really not doing that well. I got down from 10mg to 8mgs, and I can go down to 6mgs but it feels like I'm burning up if I don't get another dose. I've been reading these forums for months, and I haven't seen anything like this. And please know that I can handle some discomfort, as I've done a cold turkey detox off oxys twice before (before relapsing because of pain issues)...and I've done a cold turkey vicodin detox once....

And I don't know... I'm having lots of problems. Part of me wonders if staggering my pill intake is a good idea as I'm getting a strong psychological dependence on the drug as well as a physical one.

Anyway, Robert, I'm still here. I'm still dying to get off these drugs. Please continue to help me. I promise to check in ever day on the week days, and every other day on the weekends.... and also do what you say.

Best,
    Noah

Noah ...... first I would not stop helping you because I haven't heard from you much lately. I was just asking you to keep me posted. I wouldn't blow you off as that would be awfully uncaring on my part.

I would suggest that you take two equal amounts of medication each day. It gives your body a chance to get acclimated to the meds. Going up and down on the doses is not the best way to take subs. You never get a regular process working for yourself. Need to work iit out so that the doses are equal and getting the right timing down for your dosing is critical. You have to kind of lead me along with that part as I don't know how it works best for you specifically.

Have you tried any other migraine meds that are not narcotic? Have you tried Zomig before? I know personally how migraines can be very painful but there are several meds that are quite effective for lots of migraine sufferers that are not narcotic. Like I mentioned, the Zomig helped me and I've had several others try it that were successful with it. It's a little pricey, but it's usually pretty effective.

Let's just try to work together to get these issues worked out so this goes well for you. We should be able to get you on a workable schedule where you don't have problems of such a severe nature going to 6mg and then down to 4.5mg. Perhaps dosing once a day would work better? I don't know, this is where you have to help me out with your specific symptoms and reactions to the subs and migraine meds. Hope that makes some sense.

I had been under the impression that you were doing well when I read some of your other posts to other forum members. You sounded like all was well when I read some posts, and was the main reason I was kind of just backing off while you were doing your thing. God bless.

THis is the weird thing, Robert -- I haven't logged onto this site since we last talked. Is there two Lostsinparadises posing here? Hmmmmm.

Thank you for staying with me. Lets talk about my dosing for a second. The reason I take four in the morning and then 2mgs as needed was there was a long time (about 5 months) where I was doing just fine on the 4mgs and didn't need anything more. Like I said earlier, I'm not quite sure why I started to need more. And everyday, I'm hoping that I can take the lowest possible dose (just stay at 4mgs) -- but I think what's happening (in part) is I'm getting psychologically hooked on subs which is a little weird as that's not supposed to happen.

I guess the bottom line is I'm okay at 8mgs and having trouble at lower doses. I'll do whatever you say. Should I take 8mgs in the morning for four days and then try to go down to 6... or should I drop back to 6 now (and probably get that hot achy feeling for a bit until I stabilize)?

The good thing, unlike others who post here, is I have no timeframe when I need to be off. February marks one year of being on the subs and I promised myself I wouldn't be on these pills longer than a year.

As for the Zomig, yes, I do take it and I love it -- the problem is it doesn't always work so sometimes I just need to suffer through the pain (now that I can't take opiates or go to the ER for a shot).

Is there anything else I didn't answer? Thanks again, Robert. You've helped so many people here and I'm hoping my case gets easier as we go along.

(Part of me is starting to think I need to restabilze at whatever dose, but you're the expert.)

Thank you. Again.

Lost.

Noah ........My mistake and I apologize. I did some research and I had you confused with Livingin2Worlds. Your screen names are kind of similar and it just got past me and confused me.

I'm sorry. Gosh I talk with so many people that it's making me lose track I think sometimes. The 11,000 posts are finally starting to get to me. Sorry for the confusion. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-30-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Noah ........My mistake and I apologize. I did some research and I had you confused with Livingin2Worlds. Your screen names are kind of similar and it just got past me and confused me.

I'm sorry. Gosh I talk with so many people that it's making me lose track I think sometimes. The 11,000 posts are finally starting to get to me. Sorry for the confusion. God bless.
    No problem. Still a little confused about why I burn up at any dose beneath 8mgs... and still trying to figure out what to do...

Thanks, Robert.

No problem. Still a little confused about why I burn up at any dose beneath 8mgs... and still trying to figure out what to do...

Thanks, Robert.

I have to be honest with you that this has me stumped a little too. Being EXTREMELY HOT TO THE POINT OF HAVING A VERY HIGH FEVER is not a w/d symptom that I'm familiar with (and I've seen most of them), and if it was a symptom due to the naloxone that is in suboxone it would seemingly show up before that particular dose in my experience.

I'm being serious here, how hot do you really get? Have you physically taken your temperature? It's not uncommon to experience being hot, as in being so hot that it causes sweating, even sometimes profuse sweating. I've seen lots of people that have had to change their clothes as they ended up soaked. Those symptoms seem to disappear as we taper down to much lower doses. So my question is EXACTLY HOW HOT are you really getting? You mentioned having a 105 degree fever. That would make you delerious in my experience as that is a dangerous fever for an adult. I don't see how you would even be able to sit at the computer and communicate with a 105 degree fever. So how hot are we talking about in degrees seriously?

I'm not doubting you, I just want to make sure that I understand exactly what you're talking about concerning this matter. I want to make sure we are on the same page so I can help you if possible. God bless.

I have to be honest with you that this has me stumped a little too. Being EXTREMELY HOT TO THE POINT OF HAVING A VERY HIGH FEVER is not a w/d symptom that I'm familiar with (and I've seen most of them), and if it was a symptom due to the naloxone that is in suboxone it would seemingly show up before that particular dose in my experience.

I'm being serious here, how hot do you really get? Have you physically taken your temperature? It's not uncommon to experience being hot, as in being so hot that it causes sweating, even sometimes profuse sweating. I've seen lots of people that have had to change their clothes as they ended up soaked. Those symptoms seem to disappear as we taper down to much lower doses. So my question is EXACTLY HOW HOT are you really getting? You mentioned having a 105 degree fever. That would make you delerious in my experience as that is a dangerous fever for an adult. I don't see how you would even be able to sit at the computer and communicate with a 105 degree fever. So how hot are we talking about in degrees seriously?

I'm not doubting you, I just want to make sure that I understand exactly what you're talking about concerning this matter. I want to make sure we are on the same page so I can help you if possible. God bless.
    Hey, Robert.... Thanks for responding. To try and clarify, I wrote in my earlier posts that it "feels" like I have a 105 degree temperature and that it "feels" like I'm burning up... I don't think I have an actual fever though I was trying to describe what I was going through any time I dipped under 8mgs (that being said, I'm pretty sure that I was really sick with a real fever somewhere in there because it was going around my office). The problem with withdrawals is sometimes it's hard to tell if you're sick or if you're withdrawing. In my case, I was probably doing both.

Does nobody else feel hot when it's time to take another pill? I work for a TV show and they keep it freezing in the writer's room where I work... yet, if it's time for me to take another sub, I can be stripped down to just a thin t-shirt and not be cold. It is a weird side effect for me.

Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if this feeling of hotness is more psychological dependency than physical dependency... I learned with the Oxys that these pills are evil and they'll mimic all kinds of symptoms (often the same symptoms you're trying to treat) so you take another pill.. and I wonder if that's happening with the subs.

To make a long story short, still at 8mgs. Still want to go lower. Get incredibly hot feeling when my body wants me to take more subs. Don't know what to do. Any help will be good help. Thx, Robert! (And others.)

Lost

Hey, Robert.... Thanks for responding. To try and clarify, I wrote in my earlier posts that it "feels" like I have a 105 degree temperature and that it "feels" like I'm burning up... I don't think I have an actual fever though I was trying to describe what I was going through any time I dipped under 8mgs (that being said, I'm pretty sure that I was really sick with a real fever somewhere in there because it was going around my office). The problem with withdrawals is sometimes it's hard to tell if you're sick or if you're withdrawing. In my case, I was probably doing both.

Does nobody else feel hot when it's time to take another pill? I work for a TV show and they keep it freezing in the writer's room where I work... yet, if it's time for me to take another sub, I can be stripped down to just a thin t-shirt and not be cold. It is a weird side effect for me.

Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if this feeling of hotness is more psychological dependency than physical dependency... I learned with the Oxys that these pills are evil and they'll mimic all kinds of symptoms (often the same symptoms you're trying to treat) so you take another pill.. and I wonder if that's happening with the subs.

To make a long story short, still at 8mgs. Still want to go lower. Get incredibly hot feeling when my body wants me to take more subs. Don't know what to do. Any help will be good help. Thx, Robert! (And others.)

Lost

If you had the flu or something like that I can understand and sweating and being hot some can be a side effect. I think you'll feel better when you get that dose down low. I would keep going and drop the dose if it was me. I know you don't want to just stay at 8mg. God bless.

If you had the flu or something like that I can understand and sweating and being hot some can be a side effect. I think you'll feel better when you get that dose down low. I would keep going and drop the dose if it was me. I know you don't want to just stay at 8mg. God bless.
    Lol. I don't want to stay at 8mg. I'm desperate to get lower. But I get super hot anytime i go lower... and it doesn't go away. Should I just plow through it and see what happens? Hopefully, I'll stabilize at a lower dose.

Ok. This is my new plan. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to take 6mgs in the morning (all at once). And then I'll tell you any symptoms as I get them. That will make this process easier (and a little less confusing).

Ok. Took 6mgs today. All at once. This morning. Had horrible hot flash about an hour ago, but it subsided a bit. Still feel other (mild) withdrawal symptoms (ice water in veins, small sniffles) but I'm going to try and power through them. It's so weird. I'm at 6mgs from 8mgs... I don't think I should feel it this much. Am I just some sort of freak of nature?

Best,
    Noah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast