what is better lexapro or paxil for panic & depression
    BJH088 is offline New Member

Default what is better lexapro or paxil for panic & depression

yes that is the question in the title. Basically my doc. gave me a choice to go on either one of these drugs. And I have panic with a lil ocd (because I obsess over side effects with the drugs I take, I also obsess over things that are wrong with my health that lead to panic attacks) Ive been on SSRI's in the past but constantly thought I was having seritonin syndrome when I really wasnt it was bad. Or he also told me I could start Effexor XR too if I wanted and im already on a "as needed drug" ativan 0.5 mg which I take probably 3 times a month only when I absolutely need it! So what do you guys think Lexapro, paxil, or Effexor XR for my conditions??

Dave87666 is offline Member

I,personally will NEVER take Lexapro again,it ended up making me self destructive with suicidal thoughts,and then I did end up comminting suicide,was technically dead twice,and brought back...I then went on Wellbutrin,but it did nothing for me so I am now on Prozac and feel like its helping me....As for my panic attacts the only things that help me are benzos(klonopin,and xanax)...Thats my 2 cents..

I also used to use(and still have some left) Ativan I was taking 1mg 3-4 times/day and it didnt help me with panic attacts as much as the stronger benzos do.

BJH088 is offline New Member

creepy how did you try & do it?? If you dont mind me asking. Also I dont think a drug can honestly take control of your mind and make you kill yourself you were obviously suicidal before taking the drug too?

And the anti-depressant just wasnt working and possibly making it worse since you were losing hope that 'This drug doesnt work, am I ever going to get better' and sucidal thoughts from their. But I dont believe that SSRI's are a mind control type drug that can make you completely lose it and kill yourself you must of had some mental issues before taking the drug too otherwise you wouldnt be on it in the first place!

thevoice is offline New Member

Default Lexapro >> paxil

If you are so unsure of these drugs and how severe your condition is, I suggest you find another MD, or possibly a therapist who can prescribe the right medication if you are depressed/panic attacked.
    Certain types of these drugs are more relevant if you are male or female. Also, you shouldn't mix other drugs that are similar in nature with anti-depressants. You may become a walking zombie.