Zoloft - as needed???
    Lhasamommy is offline New Member

Default Zoloft - as needed???

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the boards and I'd love to hear from you regarding the following: a friend of mine said her doctor prescribed Zoloft to her to take on an "as needed" basis. I have never heard of such a thing before. I don't understand how you can take an anti-depressant/anxiety med on an as needed basis. My friend says she feels the "positive effects" of the Zoloft w/in a 1/2 hour, but takes it only when she needs to - like, she will take it one day, and not take it again for months. I thought only medications like Xanax worked like that. Please advise. Thanks so much.
    Lhasamommy

drugbuster is offline Banned

Default Zoloft... as needed....

... and all the rest of the doctors are claiming it takes up to 6 weeks to feel the full effect.

Your friend is playing a very dangerous game of roulette and has a greedy idiot for a doctor. (It's a FACT... the more pills you take... the more money your doctor makes.)

Just read some horror stories at SSRIStories.com about Zoloft. The most dangerous times with SSRIs is when you don't take them regularly.

Drugs like Zoloft kill 65 Americans every day... 6 of them are children.

Tim
    prozackills2002@yahoo.ca

Drugbuster - thanks for your reply. Frankly, I'm surprised and worried that more people haven't responded to my post. I checked out the SSRIs website, but there are so many articles, its difficult to weed thru them all! Very scary. I'm going to tell my friend to get a second opinion about that Zoloft prescription. Her life is too important not to. Thanks again.

drugbuster is offline Banned

Default Try another site...

If you go to www.drugawareness.org, and click on "experiences", they usually name the drug involved in the title.

Remember when Phil Hartman, the comedian, was murdered by his wife ? She was taking Zoloft.

Have your friend carefully read the info sheet that came with the prescription. It should warn about suicidal risks... especially when you don't take the drug regularly.

The typical suicide rate is 1 per 10,000

With Zoloft and related SSRI drugs, the rate is 1 per 752 !!!!

Tim
    prozackills2002@yahoo.ca

Thanks Tim. I appreciate your help.