90 mgs. Oxycodone per day..I need to stop or cut back
    Want2BeFree is offline New Member

Default 90 mgs. Oxycodone per day..I need to stop or cut back

first of all, I wanted to say Hi, after I have extensively read the comments on other posts about withdrawals, etc.

Secondly, I am taking 90 mg of Oxycodone per day....Not certain how bad the withdrawals will be, nor do I know how to withdrawal.

I have 32 percocet 10MG left. How would you guys suggest me weaning off from these...with minimal withdrawal....I have 2 children and a full time job, so time out is NOT an option.....I do have xanax also, for the night....

Please help & guve me your opinions.....I have been on narcotic pain pills for 5 years and want off or at least a decrease to 2-3 (20-30mg) a day.

I also have Tramadol, if that helps.....

If I take 2-3 (20-30mg) Oxycodone a day beginning immediately, do you guys thnk I will have bad withdrawals?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-26-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Anonymous Guest

Hi want2befree
    OH I have been there ...I don't know if you have the weekend off but if you do I would take the very least amount I could thru the weekend and the on Monday when you go back to work take just enough to keep yourself out if severe w/d ...
    let us know how it goes
    talk to you soon, Melinda

Want2BeFree is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi want2befree
    OH I have been there ...I don't know if you have the weekend off but if you do I would take the very least amount I could thru the weekend and the on Monday when you go back to work take just enough to keep yourself out if severe w/d ...
    let us know how it goes
    talk to you soon, Melinda
    Hi Melinda, thanks for your prompt response. Do you think I will have bad withdrawals from 90mg oxycodone, since I have taken so long?

Will the Tramadol help?

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Want2BeFree View Post
    Hi Melinda, thanks for your prompt response. Do you think I will have bad withdrawals from 90mg oxycodone, since I have taken so long?

Will the Tramadol help?
    I don't think it will be to much fun, but your not going to feel to good for a few days, the tranadol will take the edge off but it will just drag it out longer...did you take all the percs or do you still have some to taper with...
    you will get thru it..it might seem like it will never be over but when it's done you will never have to look back...
    so hang in there and take your life back were here for you...
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Anonymous Guest

Hi Want....I am day 4 clean of pills....tomorrow will be day 5 for me and I know I feel like I am through the worst of it. I won't lie though......I was in pretty bad shape for days 1 to 3. At my worst I was taking 6 to 10 10 mg of oxycodone as well. The thing that helped me was to taper down.....but even with a taper you will feel the wd's for sure......just not as extreme...you will need at least 2 to 3 days off if possible......try and take the weekend.

Other things that helped me were gatorade and bananas....and the vitamins on the Thomas recipe. Those that I am still taking are B12 B6 GABA and L Thyrosiene. Hot baths are a godsend as well with epsom salts. The worst thing for me was the sleep issue and I just have to deal with that. Also make sure you get some imodium for the diarrhea....I took up to 4 a day for the 1st 3 days. Good luck....everyone is here to support and help you I was there and know how it feels....but I am approaching day 5 and feeling better....heck....I was in grad class all day today....didn't feel awesome...but I went. Good luck and let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you.

I don't know if tramadol is the best idea because I hear that can also be addictive....so trading one for the other is probably no good. And I didn't have any xanax and people say that helps with sleep.