Anyone know where to send pill to analyze content?
    fumi is offline New Member

Default Anyone know where to send pill to analyze content?

8-9 Millimeter round white pill, no imprint, except it has a score line down the middle, but that is it. I've tried posting it on the pill identification board, but with so little information to go by, I'm not surprised no one responded.

My 17 year old niece has lived with me for 16 months and has had prior drug problems (mostly smoking meth), but I helped her clean up after she found out she was pregnant, she willingly went in for drug tests every two weeeks until her baby was born and she did an incredible job, turned her life around and stayed off all drugs when she found out she was pregnant. Now, she is an amazing and attentive mom, she finished HS and has applied for college next fall. We've grown quite close.

She just moved out with her well adjusted 9 month little girl and I see no visible signs of her old ways, but I found a small baggie in her room after she left and she claims the pills are alprazolam that a friend gave her with 9 pills remaining. She didn't look worried or concerned that I found them. I realize alprazolam is generic for Xanax, but I looked up as many pill sizes and generic brands of this drug that I could, but without any insignia at all, I have to admit I am suspicious. I have not talked to her about it yet except to ask her what they were. I don't want to accuse her of anything if I don't know for sure what it is, but on the otherhand I really don't think it is Xanax or a generic form. Except for in the beginning when we were still working out our relationship, I have not caught her lieing to me since.

Is there a place I can send a sample pill and find out what it is made of? She is still breast-feeding so I'm a little worried for her little girl as well because even Xanax is not recommended for nursing women. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Fumi

stevewagner is offline New Member

It is very hard to find places to do this because most government agencies that do analysis, do not disclose the results.

Hope this helps some.

Steve Wagner
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-06-2018 at 05:43 AM.