Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
ask my doctor????? helppp
    jake91 is offline New Member

Default ask my doctor????? helppp

well im 24 and have crohns disease, ulcerative colitis, fibromyalgia and ankylosing spondylitis i inherited it all from my mother and father because my monther has crohns ulcerative colitis fibro and degenerative disc disease and my dad has fibro, degenerative disc disease and polymyocitis (idk how its spelled) . I have been stressing a lot because of my pain and was wondering if i could ask my doctor to test for cancers? my fathers side (grandpa) had lymphoma cancer and testicular cancer. my mothers side (grandma) had lung cancer and her father(grandpa) had prostate cancer.. I have been freaking out lately and feel like im goning to draw the short sting so can i ask my doctor to test for cancers? I know thats a lot of testing but if my insurance covers it and even if i pay out the butt can i ask them to?

please help

thanks Jake

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

You can ask for whatever you want
    But the dr can order some routine blood work and other blood tests
    That can tell a lot ..

If you have the conditions that you mentioned ?
    They would certainly cause pain..

Have you ever treated your pain?

Usually they don't start looking for the worse but they start
    By
    Ruling out more benign conditions..

I hope you get some answers .
    Because worring about these things can cause added stress which in turn
    Causes the body to react a certain way
    Which in the long run is definitely not healthy..

How is your pain controlled?

I will check later
    Bette
    jake91 likes this.

jake91 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    You can ask for whatever you want
    But the dr can order some routine blood work and other blood tests
    That can tell a lot ..

If you have the conditions that you mentioned ?
    They would certainly cause pain..

Have you ever treated your pain?

Usually they don't start looking for the worse but they start
    By
    Ruling out more benign conditions..

I hope you get some answers .
    Because worring about these things can cause added stress which in turn
    Causes the body to react a certain way
    Which in the long run is definitely not healthy..

How is your pain controlled?

I will check later
    Bette

Thank you for your reply Bette, Yes i was diagnosed with crohns disease, ulveraticve colitis, fibromyalgia and ankylosing sponylitis. I have treated my pain for a few months with gabapentin, oxy codone and sleeping pills and muscle relaxnts. But nothing else worked.....humira remicade imuran, my body rejects all of it and i swell up my throat closes. I have had a lot of medicines like asacol, sulfa all cronhs colitis and fibro drugs i cant take. But i ended up moving to another state and lost my insurance and cant work due to my conditions. but i was forced to move back to the state that i have insurance a year later with 100% coverage I PAY NOTHING for anything, and it has relieved a lot of stress. ( this forum has helped me a lot aswell!) At the moment i do not have anything under control. But im glad i can ask for whatever i want because i want all the tesing done i dont care how many needles, blood, biopsys, colonoscopys, endoscopy etc just as long as they eliminate it or catch it early. You have relieved a lot of stress by tellin me that.. in 4 d ays i have pain management, and 10 days i have ruem, gi, and my internal medicine (primary) but she is a resident but an awesome doctor and is sincere and listens to me and how i feel about my pain. I just had my first appointment 1 week ago she was hesitent to put me on painkillers because of my age so she put me on cyclobenzaprine 10mg 3x day and gabapentin 300mg 3x day. but she got me into all the special docs quick and pain management first and the soonest. She had told me it would take 1-2 months to get into pain management but she pushed and pusehd called me 3 different days to get me in sooner and sooner

It SUCKS! i can hardly roll out of bed i am 6ft 1. and 210lbs. i can not exercise and i used to weight lift, that is gone! due to the stabbing and burning aching throbing pain! My hips pop and often give out witch drops me to my knees or down fully to the ground. I have a high pain threshold because i was diagnosed with crohns disease on my birthday but i expierinced the symtoms by the time i was 12 (sever abdominal pain-bloody stools-bloody puke-fatigue) but sometimes it brings tears to my eyes..and every time it does tear me up i thing of my daughtr i lost my daughter and my fiance in a car crash 2 years ago and im only 24 and did not go through therepy or anykind of psyc help. never had a drug addiction or anything. but the only thing that has worked is oxy codone but i cant tell my doctor that.