B12 and pain
    Dema0414 is offline New Member

Red face B12 and pain

I've had chronic intermittent pain - if that is the correct description - in my shoulder since a car accident two years ago. I also was experiencing foot cramps at night and had been watching mineral consumption which helped a lot. A pillow under the offending foot also helped. Recently I read something about B12 and increased my consumption. I haven't needed a pain pill in a week! I am over 51, I take antacids to increase my calcium and I am a light eater of animal products. I take a multi-vitamin several times a week, but the ones I were taking were expired (I have tossed them) and probably of very low potency. I am hoping this relief continues. I am also less stressed since taking the supplements.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

If you eat very lightly of animal products you indeed might be prone to vitamin B12 deficiency, as the human body cannot absorb plant forms of it.

Deborah Reyes is offline Banned

B12 are essential nutrient that your body needs in small amount to work properly. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any pills or vitamin capsules.

maddysaddy1111 is offline New Member

I think b12 is good for human and human,s pain , Vitamin B₁₂, vitamin B12 or vitamin B-12, also called cobalamin, is a water-soluble vitamin with a key role in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, and for the formation of blood. It is one of the eight B vitamins

nicole thomas20 is offline Junior Member

Hey Dema

Nice. That's something I don't know. Thank you for sharing this information. I highly appreciate it and it actually stirs up my curiosity. I know about the healthy benefits of vitamin b12 but I didn't have any idea that it can have pain relieving properties. I'll definitely search more about this. I'm very much enthused in finding alternative medicines so I find this very exciting. Thank you again for sharing your experience, I learned something new because of it.

edwin123 is offline Banned

If B12 helping you in your condition. Go with it. Just consult your doctor before usage. And use it in a control manner.

JeffRob887 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dema0414 View Post
    I've had chronic intermittent pain - if that is the correct description - in my shoulder since a car accident two years ago. I also was experiencing foot cramps at night and had been watching mineral consumption which helped a lot. A pillow under the offending foot also helped. Recently I read something about B12 and increased my consumption. I haven't needed a pain pill in a week! I am over 51, I take antacids to increase my calcium and I am a light eater of animal products. I take a multi-vitamin several times a week, but the ones I were taking were expired (I have tossed them) and probably of very low potency. I am hoping this relief continues. I am also less stressed since taking the supplements.
    You may want to consider eating food with b12 such as Clams, beef, turkey, oysters, chicken, crabs, salmon, ready-to-eat cereals, trout, and herring.