Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By bridgetrobinson
  • 1 Post By melindau
Best medication/treatment for anxiety, worrying obsessively and constant rumination?
    bridgetrobinson is offline New Member

Default Best medication/treatment for anxiety, worrying obsessively and constant rumination?

Hello,
    I am a 20 year old female.
    I have dealt with this problem for a while now, but just recently decided to ask for help. I have very bad anxiety in the sense I worry all the time. And not about things that are going to happen.. for example I never worry that I'm going to get in a car crash or im going to die. I worry about stupid things such as what people think of me CONSTANTLY, if things ive said or done are stupid.Im always nervous and uncomfortable around people I dont know well.I ALWAYS ruminate, i constantly think of things ive done in the past and beat my self up over it. From the moment I wake up, my head is bombarded with worry worry worry about what people think of me now and what people used to think, i cant do anything without worrying about the opinion of others. im sometimes to scared to even post things on facebook for fear of being judged. i wanted to try modelling but im too worried about judgement from others, and i also have very low self esteem. sometimes its so bad to the point my friends will get annoyed because i constantly am going over things and making them reassure me that no, what you just did was fine no one thinks your weird or no, that thing you did three years ago was fine. To be short living in my head sometimes is a nightmare. I need to be reassured a lot as well if im unsure of something about my appearnce or what people think i have to ask 3-4 times to make sure. i hate it, deep down i want to express myself and do things and be who i really am but this anxiety, rumination and constant worrying, overthinking and fear of being judged holds me back. and its weird because im not an extremely shy person. what does this sound like to anyone and what would be the best medication for it?
    THANKS XX
    Cyndi White and MY58 like this.

melindau is offline Member

If you only knew how many people think the same way you do you would be so surprised ....If there was one thing I could tell you is like yourself know one else matters!!! we can get much deeper in this if you want to!!!
    Melinda
    4kai12 likes this.

mmmmmmmm is offline Junior Member

I too have suffered extremely badly with anxiety all my adult life and have searched constantly for a drug to make me chill the >>>> out.

For me methadone and >>>>>> did exactly that, hence I became dependant on both just because I loved feeling calm and social for once...

Of course that is not a good idea at all. The w/d make anxiety even worse for one thing.

I am on propanalol (beta blockers) and take just 1 40 mg tablet once or twice a day. They work for me by just calming me down and stopping my pulse racing too high.

Weed also works for me, but not everday, otherwise I can get panicky without it.

Alcohol of course, but that is a terrible road to go down.

Anti depressants like Escitalopram help with anxiety. Prozac is supposed to be good.

When I was an alcoholic, due to drinking to counter my anxiety, I was put on Hemineverin to get off the booze. They were the best things for anxiety I had taken at that time. But the w/d from hemineverin were extremely bad and caused the worst anxiety I have ever felt, it was like DT's from alcohol w/d... Just mentioning what I've tried, I would not recommend hemineverin for anxiety.

Best thing is therapy and councilling imo but that takes lot longer to work and isn't for everyone.

Good luck

Forget my last post you should go to a doctor with what you have just written...

I am sure for you anxiety will get much better as you get older, but it will help you to talk about it with a councillor or similar professional.... I don't think drugs are your best bet at all. You have so much going for you if you look good enough to start modeling, but that will bring a lot of attention and stress in itself...then again it might do your confidence the world of good.

I would say who likes Facebook? I know younger people live on it but that is what's making you compare yourself to others and feel like you have to act a certain way to fit in, maybe. I'd stay off that petty, pointless, gossipy, sad site if I were you lol.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-03-2018 at 02:51 AM.

Please, from experience of years of self medicating to try combating anxiety, stay away from all drugs because they all have a comedown and negative side.

Anxiety isn't that bad when you compare it to drug and alcohol w/d.

I would advise you to say what you posted to a good doctor. Don't start taking illegal >>>> and risk your health and ruining your life.

Also, try visualising yourself being confident.Do not beat yourself up for feeling anxious. It's because you care and are sensitive which is a good thing. Remember to breath slowly, fully, and from the belly.

Most important, talk to a doctor, write it down if it's hard to talk about.

Lol this is my last post on your subject - Anti depressants MIGHT be suitable for you because you sound like you are stuck in a negative cycle and antidepressants help by allowing you to see the positive side of things and not dwell on the negative, things you cannot change etc...Escitalopram are what I take and they definitely did what I wanted, but they do take a while to work imo and I personally do not like being tied to a medication for so long.

but talk to doc about it before starting anything.

Anastasia1986 is offline New Member

Stress is difficult to deal with. It sounds like you have everything going on in your head at the same time and it is hard to sort it out. I understand how that feels, I was very stressed out for a long time, anxiety was a constant until I felt as if I was losing my mind. Everyone is different, but I will let you know that the best thing that happened to me was when I spoke with my Dr. honestly and let her know how I was feeling. She was able to prescribe an anti anxiety pill that has made a world of difference to me. I am able to concentrate on one thing at a time, most of the time. Sleep is not always easy, but I have a relaxation CD that really helps me to relax and fall asleep. There are many on the market, I suggest that you give one a try. I also think that speaking to a Dr. is a good idea. You deserve to life a life free from constant anxiety and stress. Take a chance, I pray that you will not be disappointed. God bless you and good luck,

dawn2254 is offline New Member

Is anyone out there I got so much anxiety I have phyical symptoms
    I dont know what to do any more I am losti cant find my way out

gomphrena is offline Junior Member

Hello, are you still there? Please get to a Healthcare professional asap. Let us know how you're doing.