Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jep9
  • 1 Post By Jep9
Birth control
    Jep9 is offline New Member

Default Birth control

So I’ve been on birth control for almost a year. I have the 28 day pills with the 7 days of placebo pills. If I take active pills instead of the placebos can I skip my period?
    Pharmabecs likes this.

Pharmabecs is offline New Member

Yes. I fact there are actually packs out there that have 91 tablets writhing one pack. There are 84 active tablets and 7 placebos. Even on this type of pack, if you want to skip those 7 tablets and start immediately on the next pack, by all means.

We actually don’t need to have a period if we are taking hormones to prevent pregnancy. You can skip as many placebos as your little heart desires. The packs (28 day or 91 day) are set up more for the mental reassurance that we aren’t pregnant. When the Period shows up, we are happy for about 2 minutes and annoyed for the next 5-6 days.

If you take a pill pack that had all the same colored pills, 1-21....it’s easier to do and the chances of spotting during those days when you’d normally take the placebo and start your period, is less likely. It’s because those pills all have the same combination of hormones in the same strength through out the entire pack. So going from pill 21 to a brand new pack is easy, perfectly ok to do and you aren’t hurting anything by doing that.

Biphasic and triphasic packs can follow that same advice. However, because the doses shift through the month depending upon where in your cycle and pill pack Your are, going from day 21 to day 1 is still ok. Not having your period because you started a new pack is fine. You know you aren’t pregnancy, you don’t need that mental reassurance of seeing blood to have that sigh of relief, then keep up the good work and take an active pill as they are set up in a pack every day. You might see spotting or a mild period (break thru) if you’re on the multicolored pills. Don’t let that freak you out either. Just keep taking the active pill and it’ll go away.

Jep9 is offline New Member

Thank you!!
    Pharmabecs likes this.