Can't taste or smell..
    Jewell854 is offline New Member

Default Can't taste or smell..

I got sick about 3 months ago and had to go to the dr twice. I was given antibiotics and I feel better but I still can't taste or smell anything. I went to the ENT last week and they did a nose culture but I haven't had any results yet. I starting to get freaked out. Anybody have any answers.?

Hi jewel

I was browsing through when I saw your post. I understand this reply may seem to be a little bit late but I just want to know how you are. From what I understand you got sick 3 months ago and you can't taste or smell anything since? and that is what's freaking you out?

What diagnosis was concluded in your checkups? This is a very interesting case. I do hope this reaches you. If not it's okay I will do my own research regarding the matter. I just hope you are now okay. God bless you.

edwin123 is offline Banned

The same thing was happned to me. But that was temporary (2 week max). I'm wondring about your scenario. I think you need more time. Eat more spicy food and hope for the best.

Maybe you got some nerves affected and its not connected to pills you have been taken? I think you need to be tested by neurologist and check allergy reactions. By the way, have you already got the results?

brianmfuller28 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewell854 View Post
    I got sick about 3 months ago and had to go to the dr twice. I was given antibiotics and I feel better but I still can't taste or smell anything. I went to the ENT last week and they did a nose culture but I haven't had any results yet. I starting to get freaked out. Anybody have any answers.?
    This may be some nerve issue.. You can wait some more time and try to avoid junk food. try as much of fruits and spicy foods to stimulate the taste buds.

edfrancis is offline New Member

One of my friend also has this problem.......she went to doctor and the doctor checked her.He said that he is not seeing any problem.............

Pristrineous is offline New Member

Maybe a change in your food choices will be a help like spicy foods.

Genscripts is offline Junior Member

Before going for its remedies you must be knowing its causes it can be due to aging, smoking, nutritional deficiencies or in some cases if you are undergo radiation therapy that can also cause this problem. You can apply caster oil an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and having antimicrobial properties, in the notrils. Use garlic, your sense of smell and taste can be restored with garlic. Lemon, ginger, cayenne pepper can also help you.