Dental Phobia/Anxiety
    GamerGirl_2010 is offline New Member

Unhappy Dental Phobia/Anxiety

Hi.

I need some help please. I have major dental phobia/anxiety. Even going for a cleaning makes me so nervous. I get anxious just thinking about it, but then I also get a physical anxiety. My stomach gets in knots and I'm so nauseous.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was just before the appointment, but I'll be sitting in the chair so nervous that I feel like I want to run.

In the last 2 weeks I've had to go to the dentist 3 times. The first time was a simple cleaning and exam. But during the appointment they found a cavity. The cavity was on my upper left molar in the very back.

So the second time I went in was to get the cavity filled. The dentist told me that I had very soft enamel on that molar and the same one on the right side of my mouth. So basically I have to be really careful from now on.

Nobody had ever told me this before. If I had know I probably could have prevented this.

So the third visit was because the molar that was filled has been killing me.

He told me that I need to have a root canal on that tooth. He gave me an antibiotic and some Hydrocodone to take.

I have an appointment with an Endodontist on Monday, June 10, but I'm a nervous wreck.

The office doesn't have the option of Nitrous Oxide, but they have an oral pill that I can take for the anxiety.

I considered it, but I have to go to work after the appointment and I don't want to be like totally out of it at work.

I'm really hoping to find some natural way to help with the anxiety. I try not to take to many prescriptions if I can help it.

I'm going to take a small, portable, CD player with headphones with me. Hopefully the doctor won't have a problem with that. I figure that will at least keep my mind busy.

I have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and the last time I had a root canal my brain wouldn't shut up. So hopefully he'll be ok with the music and it'll keep me distracted. I think I'm also going to take a stress ball with me to keep my hands from fidgeting.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Please pray for me.

Thanks.

JJ

Isaac11 is offline Banned

During cleaning of your teeth you should listen to your favorite songs. This is the best solution to away from pain and don't be scared be strong make faith on the doctor.