Drug Holidays
    Grandpa48 is offline New Member

Default Drug Holidays

I have been diagnosed with Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS) and it affects my lower back . I have had to leave my job and am currently on disability due to it . I have had this since 2008 . I have pain 24/7 and the only thing that gives me the majority of relief is pain medication. Exercise helps quite alot and summers are also a bonus . But after taking 100 mg of Tramadol extended release and 2 50mg tramadols a day it is just not enough .

I have tried going on a drug holiday and I am not able to do it . The pain is so bad it keeps me in bed all day taking muscle relaxers to try to help. It feels as if being operated on without anesthetic . The next day I am back on the tramadol.

I had taken oxycodone and morphine tablets for a couple years but those drug holidays are beyond belief . So I am in this jam , Need to do a holiday so they work better but not able to because of the pain. I am under the minimum on the daily dosage for tramadol as I take 200mg a day and your allowed 300. My doctor always gives me a answer like i have to check to see what the limit is on that or something or other then never hear back from him. I know they are weary because I had gotten addicted to the oxy and morphine but I had learned my lesson on that , but it seems to me I am 12 years old sometimes when asking them for more help. Not sure what to do , I would like to be able to function better and have a better quality of life with my family.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. You should start a new thread on the Need To Talk board. There's a lot more traffic there. Just copy and paste your first post into a new thread so you don't have to re-type.

Good luck to you.
    Kat