Early refill on Valium?
    RockedByRequiem is offline Junior Member

Default Early refill on Valium?

Hello everyone. I was on benzos years ago, and for good reason. Was taken off of them and basically sought them out when needed the other way, unfortunately.I now have a script for 10mg Valium (well, generic) and got it filled on 2/3. I am prescribed 2 a day as needed, so I got 60 for 30 days. Well, I am prescribed them dually for anxiety and sleep, and still have quite the tolerance. I have one refill on it. I'm wondering, how early will they refill it for me? I'm aware my insurance most likely won't cover it if it's too early, but generic Valium is pretty cheap so I'm not too worried about that. I'm pretty sure there aren't any set laws for Schedule IV drugs, so does it just depend entirely on the pharmacist?

Thanks.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by RockedByRequiem View Post
    Hello everyone. I was on benzos years ago, and for good reason. Was taken off of them and basically sought them out when needed the other way, unfortunately.I now have a script for 10mg Valium (well, generic) and got it filled on 2/3. I am prescribed 2 a day as needed, so I got 60 for 30 days. Well, I am prescribed them dually for anxiety and sleep, and still have quite the tolerance. I have one refill on it. I'm wondering, how early will they refill it for me? I'm aware my insurance most likely won't cover it if it's too early, but generic Valium is pretty cheap so I'm not too worried about that. I'm pretty sure there aren't any set laws for Schedule IV drugs, so does it just depend entirely on the pharmacist?

Thanks.

You haven't even had if filled for two weeks yet. While the pharmacy has guidelines they follow they would likely call your dr even with an existing refill after such a short time. That could create a problem for you that you don't need.

You're walking a scary line here. That's a lot of valium in less than two weeks. I would tough it out as long as I could. Anything less than a week early minimum is bound to raise some serious red flags that could cause problems for you. And trust me they've heard ALL the stories about spilling them down the sink, having them stolen, anything you can come up as a "so-called" legitimate reason for an early refill has been used countless times before.

Most pharmacies won't hesitate to refill 3-4 days early, it's almost expected. But two weeks is asking for trouble. I'm not lecturing, just pointing out the obvious. Valium are more addictive than lots of "street grade" >>>>>>. Be careful for your own well being. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-14-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.