Failing drug tests
    Kdeggz is offline New Member

Default Failing drug tests

I take 4mg of suboxone a day but have been failing my drug tests for not having any suboxone in my system. I take it at 9am every morning and my drug tests are 9am the next day. Could it be out of my system in 24hrs?? Please help my like has changed tremendously since I started treatment and don't want to get thrown out of my clinic

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kdeggz View Post
    I take 4mg of suboxone a day but have been failing my drug tests for not having any suboxone in my system. I take it at 9am every morning and my drug tests are 9am the next day. Could it be out of my system in 24hrs?? Please help my like has changed tremendously since I started treatment and don't want to get thrown out of my clinic

Welcome to the forum!

It's literally IMPOSSIBLE for that amount of sub to be out of your system in just 24 hours. It has a half life of 24 - 72 hours so a single one - time dose will last at least one full day. Taking 4mg per day for any length of time will have a build up of sub in your system. So even if you didn't take a dose for a day or two you would still have lots of sub in your system.

Sounds like someone messed up the test? What you might do to prove your case is to take your dose in person at the clinic once or twice. Then have them check your levels and see what happens.

Hope this helps and I wish you the best!

Randy

Kdeggz is offline New Member

Randy they do watch me take the medicine every day. This is the 3rd test that came back showing nothing in my system. They did urine tests and also a saliva test to so I'm not sure what I can do. Thanks for the input though

TampaFlorida is offline Member

Hi,
    Well if they watch you taking it in front of them, what's the problem? I mean how can they kick you out if they see you taking it and the test comes back negative???
    It is certainly a mystery. The sub definitely stays longer then 24 hours in your body.
    However, you should go to a Dr. For a check up. Maybe your metabolism is messed up. When I was a kid, I had to go to the hospital because I was underweight. I was about 12y old I think. They would feed me and give me fluids with potassium and other minerals. When they tested me, they told me I had no potassium in my system even though they where giving it to me.
    So they figured that I was cheating. And would not allow me to go to the bathroom for hours after I had eaten. They assumed that I would vomit after eating. That was not true, but no one believed me, so I had suffered many hours each time I needed to use the bathroom. I was a kid back then, and could not fight back, all I did was telling them the truth, that I was not getting rid of my food in the toilet.
    Till this day I keep wondering what the issue might have been. Never found out. I know one thing however, that drugs pass through me faster then the average. I had couple of situation where I noticed, something doesn't add up.
    But who would believe me? No one.
    Never had the problem with the subs though. Each time I get tested its there. Ask them to do a hair test maybe? Drugs stay there the longest.
    Keep us updated, this is interesting.