Hair Loss/blood Work/too Much Vitamins
    jpilates is offline New Member

Default Hair Loss/blood Work/too Much Vitamins

Hi Everyone, Hope someone can shed some light on this. For the last couple of years my hair has been coming out steadily, all over causing much less volume than before. I had blood tests done and the only major thing that came up was Vitamin B12 1839.0, Normal range 211-946 and Folic Acid 20., Normal range 4.2-19.9. also Red Blood Count Low, 3.74. All the rest were in the normal range. First, how do you get it back down? I was only taking a B Complex, which I stopped and can this cause Hair loss? I know taking too many vitamins can cause a host of symptoms, which I have a few but how do you combat too many vitamins? I don't see how taking a B complex made it this high to begin with.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike VG is offline Member

If you don't mind me asking, "What prescription drugs are you taking?" Some of those are contributors to hair loss.
    Mike VG
    Mike VG

jpilates is offline New Member

The only prescription drug is Advair and occasionally proventil inhaler. I did have a Mineral check done by way of hair analysis and it showed high levels of mercury, 1.32 normal, mine was 2.0. The nutritionist who ordered the tests said that could do it and i have an overabundance of zinc. I also had bloodwork done which came back with too much B vitamin and folic acid. I think that was from taking two multi's a day, which I have since stopped. All my thyroid, iron binding capacity, iron levels and every other blood test came back normal.

Mike VG is offline Member

jpilates, I checked with Rx List, which is a very comprehensive site dealing with every aspect of drugs on the human body. There is nothing to indicate hair loss as a result of taking Advair or Proventil. So it must be your heavy intake of a certain ingredient in your vitamin regimen, or it's male pattern baldness. Hehehe. The same thing is happening to me. I look like a damn Catholic monk. And it just starts, last year full head of hair, now, hehehe. Take care, hope you find the culprit.
    Mike VG
    Mike VG