Meds while on suboxin
    Dorece 01 is offline New Member

Default Meds while on suboxin

I've been on Suboxone for six months I recently had a couple grand mal seizures bruised my ribs neck back face and have a sprained ankle I'm in a lot of pain can't even walk right now I do have a Oxycontin 20 milligram Op that I was thinking of taking to get past the pain for a Day I haven't taken my Suboxone for 48 hours just in case I need to any suggestions on what I should do or is it a risk taking pain medicine after being on Suboxone for 6 months

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorece 01 View Post
    I've been on Suboxone for six months I recently had a couple grand mal seizures bruised my ribs neck back face and have a sprained ankle I'm in a lot of pain can't even walk right now I do have a Oxycontin 20 milligram Op that I was thinking of taking to get past the pain for a Day I haven't taken my Suboxone for 48 hours just in case I need to any suggestions on what I should do or is it a risk taking pain medicine after being on Suboxone for 6 months

Hey there -

Being on Suboxone for 6 months will put a lot of sub in your system due to the long half life of this drug. It clings tightly to the receptors in the brain and will block the effects of all full agonist opiates such as the Oxy you mention. Taking the Oxy won't do a thing for you because of the sub. You didn't mention how much sub you were taking and having that info would be nice. Regardless of the answer you'll still not feel the Oxy until you've been completely off the Suboxone for a while.

If you do want of the sub we have a great tapering plan here used successfully by hundreds, if not thousands of other members. Used it myself and it works! Let us know if you want to go for it and we'll be here with help and support.

Randy