Methadone to suboxen taper.....need help please
    Twhite4572 is offline New Member

Default Methadone to suboxen taper.....need help please

I was on narcotics for the last 19 years with it developing into Methadone for about the last 5 years. I have been on the suboxen taper for about a month now and have been doing really good but now am down to .25 MG and I have restless leg syndrome so bad at night time that I'm really struggling not taking meds again to stop feeling this way. I'm 36 days out and do not want to turn back

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twhite4572 View Post
    I was on narcotics for the last 19 years with it developing into Methadone for about the last 5 years. I have been on the suboxen taper for about a month now and have been doing really good but now am down to .25 MG and I have restless leg syndrome so bad at night time that I'm really struggling not taking meds again to stop feeling this way. I'm 36 days out and do not want to turn back

Welcome!

Not mnay will see your post here in this section. It get very little exposure. I would suggest you copy and paste your info in the Suboxone section of this forum. Here's the link below to that section -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-treatment/

I'll check back later to see if you've moved to the sub board and respond there.

Randy

chrisignatius is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twhite4572 View Post
    What I think you should do is just take a little bit more suboxone so your restless leg syndrome is more easily dealt with. I would also try to find out if your just having withdrawal side effects because if the dose your on, your body might want more. If you have Restless leg syndrome seek medical treatment for it. If it was me, I would take .50mg of suboxone for a month then go back to .25mg that way it won't be a drastic change and you'll know if you have RLS restless leg syndrome or if you were having a normal side effect of withdrawal, but don't let nothing stop you from your ultimate goal of sobriety. Sometimes taking a tiny step back can make going forward a lot easier so keep up the great work