Methadose 40mg
    STi13 is offline New Member

Default Methadose 40mg

I called a couple pharmacies and they said they had 40mg Methadose tablets in stock...This was last week...I thought they discontinued it? Did they just discontinue 40 mg Methadone and not Methadose? Thanks to anyone who takes time to answer my question...

newyorkgal is offline Advanced Member

Methadose and methadone are the same exact drug.Methadose is simply a brand name for methadone. I know they discontinued 40 mg. methadone biscuits at methadone clinics in favor of the liquid form of the drug. I don't know if they give methadone or methadose but I do know one is just a brand name for the other.

MSt
    MSt is offline New Member

Default To "newyorkgal" ANSWER

The "Methadose" name is made by Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals. Check out their webpage at https://www.drugs.com/methadose-images.html for details and pictures of the pills.

They have NOT discontinued the 40mg dispersable tablets. They are white, round, say "Methadose 40" on one side and are deeply scored 4 ways on the other side so they can easily be broken into 10mg doses. Not so many pharmacies carry them because they are not often prescribed aside from clinics, which dispense them there.

There are also generics as it is the exact same drug in the exact same dosage and comes usually in big dispersable tablets (D-Tabs).

I go to a private (a bit more expensive) clinic, but I get the liquid form (10mg/mL) from Roxxane Labs at a dosage of 130mg/day. After 3 years without 1 mistake I now get 28 doses at a time (1 taken at the clinic and 27 taken home in an uncut form which I have to mix with water myself). Only 8-10 of us, out of over 700 have reached this level (level 8 they call it). I don't know about public clinics, but since my clinic is a private, "for-profit" clinic, they encourage less visits so that people are not tethered to a clinic every day; you must prove yourself 1st though.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-17-2009 at 09:03 AM.

I was on a methadone clinic in NYC. To my knowledge all the clinics had discontinued the scored biscuits in favor of the liquid several years ago. I didn't know some clinics still used the 40 mg. biscuits. My bad. The 40 mg. ones we used to get were pinkish, not white. But methadone and methadose are the same drug. I was also able to go once a month having not had a dirty urine screen in years. I never took them up on it because I would have had to travel to Manhattan's Beth Israel Hospital and my job was only 5 mins. from my original program which didn't offer the once a month. I couldn't take 1 day off work every month so I stuck with once a week then once every 2 weeks. I had proven myself for years. I am off methadone now after MANY years on it, having switched to subutex. I like the idea of going to a doctor's office as opposed to a clinic although if i had been able to go once a month it might not have made a difference. Thanks for your info.

Cats Meow is offline Platinum Member

The 40's are only available for clinics and not to be issued as take homes, or dispensed through pharmacies. People have to take multiple 10's now.

That is what I thought CM. However, Idon't think most clinics, at least in NYC, use the 40's anymore either. It's all liquid so they don't have to break up biscuits and its all computerized so the dose isn't even dispensed by hand anymore. The nurse's job is just to add water to the dose and hand it to you. Only if you're on once a month pick up do you get pills.