From Old-Fashioned to Digital
    Laura James is offline Banned

Default From Old-Fashioned to Digital

I went to my doctor earlier for a check up and I was surprised when I saw that they've gone digital. LOL I didn't even know that there are now Electronic Health Records. So I was wondering how popular this kind of software is. Does your doctor use this kind of system too? I think this way's better since they can access lots of medical data easily. Don't you think so? But there are definitely drawbacks too like its vulnerability to hacking.

What do you think of this step from old-fashioned to digital? Do you think this way is better? What, in your opinion, are the pros and cons?

tastefulask is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laura James View Post
    What do you think of this step from old-fashioned to digital? Do you think this way is better? What, in your opinion, are the pros and cons?
    My pediatrician uses EHR but my old school OB-Gyn still uses cards to document her patient’s records. One advantage of shifting to EHR is, it provides precise, up-to-date, and complete information about patients at the point of care permitting immediate access to patient records for faster and efficient care. However, the disadvantage is, there could be error in data entry (human intervention) that may caused wrong diagnosis.

Lena Dorsey is offline New Member

Most doctors now uses EHR to somewhat makes their life easier. I remember having the same reaction as yours a couple of months ago when I went to my kid's developmental pediatrician. I was anticipating that I will be waiting for quite a while since I am requesting for my child's records. Then he came, handing me the records.And I was not even sitting at the waiting area for 20 minutes. Thank God for this kind of application!

Pros:Time Efficiency for both doctors and patients.