Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes
Tooth Extractions & Painkillers
    gomphrena is offline Junior Member

Percocets have aCETaminophen (Tylenol) in them. So okay to take ibuprofen along with. In my dental experience with a dry socket, I tried every narcotic under the sun (back in the day) but when my dentist finally ordered ibuprofen 800 mg tabs twice daily, it was like magic. Pain gone. Made sense, because swelling and inflammation is what it's for. Happy patient here after that.

Beyond_frustrated is offline New Member

Wow I can’t get over the reply. I’d like to see some official get their teeth extracted and sent home with Advil! This country is messed up. It’s not my fault over- prescribing doctors hand out ( or used to!) pills like candy! They are at fault, not me who is suffering for a month now with excruciating pain and 15 lbs later in weight loss cause I can’t eat due to pain! Now I’m scheduled for two extractions in 3 weeks which once again will leave me in pain! I can’t take Motrin or Advil because it interacts with one of my heart meds. My big question is, how can it possibly be a problem still? If doctors can’t prescribe, how is it an issue? If “doctors “ aren’t handing them out who is? This is a really bad problem! Ok so my level of pain has made me actually think of where can I get relief? I’m not turning to the streets but I bet you millions are! That right there is the problem! It’s inhuman to make a person suffer! Something has to be done about this! 12 pills for Excruciating pain is a JOKE! I’m pissed off because legitimate non drug abusers have to suffer all at the hands of crooked doctors ! That’s how the problem started. Why am I suffering because of that? Why do I have to suffer because of them? It’s very obvious that a person who has to have extractions because of an abscess is Legitimate. It should be based on how Legitimate the pain is. Not a universal rule!!!!

gomphrena is offline Junior Member

Hi and affirm everything you said above in your post. It’s been over 2 weeks now, so I’m wondering how you’re doing. I check the site every few months or so, but looks like I was here earlier in November . I have a thread down below, called “Chronic Pain Patients: Where do we go from here” or something like tat and I talk about the problem you’re facing with pain control. I’m doing this on a cellphone so please forgive my errors and whatnot. I’ll try to check back in to see your progress soon.

~~Fran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12