Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gm2
  • 1 Post By luvfrogz
Urinary Tract Infection - Advice?
    gm2
    gm2 is offline New Member

Exclamation Urinary Tract Infection - Advice?

I have contracted yet another UTI, I have my antibiotics and everything but wondered if anyone knew of anything that will help besides drinking cranberry juice. Are there things I should definitely stay away from concerning what I eat or drink? Is there anything that will help the pain at all? One friend told me to hold it as long as I can before using the restroom but is this safe?

Any advice is much appreciated.
    123d likes this.

pokerpoison is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by gm2 View Post
    I have contracted yet another UTI, I have my antibiotics and everything but wondered if anyone knew of anything that will help besides drinking cranberry juice. Are there things I should definitely stay away from concerning what I eat or drink? Is there anything that will help the pain at all? One friend told me to hold it as long as I can before using the restroom but is this safe?

Any advice is much appreciated.
    A lot of women will tell you that holding it will cause you to have one. I do not know the science behind it, just what a few people have told me.

As far as pain relief you can buy over the counter Azo-Standard or Uristat. Both of the are useful in helping with pain, however I would speak with your pharmacists or dr before taking it. Your Dr. can also prescribe you something called Pyridium which is essentially the same thing as Azo-Standard or Uristat but at a much higher strength. Hope this helps.

catholicnurse is offline New Member

Default Uti

Holding off on urination could encourage more bacterial growth. YOU WANT TO FLUSH THE BUGS OUT OF YOUR BLADDER, so don't hold it! The best way is to drink lots of fluids (2 liters a day at least), and flush the bacteria out of your system. Some people think Pyridium helps w/ the bladder pain, but it didn't help me at all. Maybe it will help you; ask your doctor.
    UTI is preventable. Good perineal hygiene is a must in whatever activities you did or do!
    And I can't overstress to increase fluid intake.

PS: Too much antibiotic use could also encourage yeast growth as it kills the good bacteria. So eat yogurt regularly.

yayooxy is offline New Member

Unhappy I also have a urinary tract infection

The pain is so intense in my back and pressure in my pelvic area. Would it be ok to take percocet for this pain. Hope someone can help im in so much pain i cant sleep.:

Britkin is offline New Member

Default Uti

I have frequent UTIs and I know how terrible they can be. I've been to the doctor 3 times for it when it's really bad to the point where I'm having a lot of pain and blood in my urine along with a fever and chills. Every other time I've had a UTI I'm able to treat it at home. What works best for me is definitely to take Cystex. It helps quickly with the pain and also helps prevent future UTIs. Other than that drink tons of water and cranberry juice. Although your gonna have the feeling to urinate often try not to until your able to make a good >>>>>> so you can flush the bacteria out. If nothing helps at home or this is your first time with UTI symptoms go see a doctor immediately.

rachelxxx is offline New Member

For many years, since I was 11 I have been getting bladder infections , now I'm 28 and month by month ALWAYS get infections. could it be because I use baby oil and perfume in my private area ? now I'm using pennicillin . cause the rest DON'T WORK. I just had shock wave treatment for a kidney stone a few weeks ago. To be safe my doctor advised me using adult diapers. Thanks
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-08-2012 at 12:47 PM.

luvfrogz is offline New Member

I've had so many stupid UTI's, I can't stand it. My Dr. suggested that I start trying a supplement to stop them before they even start. So far, it's working. I've been taking 1 of CranMagicpills(twice a day) for the last few months and it seems to be working. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-07-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Salvatirce likes this.

ErikLakies is offline New Member

Hello, drink alot of water that helps to kill bacteria. When ever you need to go to the doctor go. Do not hold! I suggest you take a good antibiotics. What antibiotics are you taking?

Upwrdspiral is offline New Member

Yes!!! That plays a huge factor. You have good bacteria that grows there too sometimes using that stuff messes with ur pH and messes up your normal flora. Don't use that. Just use a mild soap in the SHOWER. Don't take bubble baths. Drink fluids. Cranberry juice and pills r good too. Penicillin doesn't really work for UTI because it doesn't cover gram negative bacteria (normally what causes UTI). U need an antibiotic that covers gram negative bacteria(Bactrim, Cipro). Talk with your MD. First try to cut out baby oil, etc.