use of tramadol
    bnjar5 is offline New Member

Smile use of tramadol

can tramadol be use to treat mild depression?:

mpvt is offline Advanced Member

Tramadol acts like an opiate on the opiate receptors but somehow it isn't classified as an opiate.That being said,it is addictive and this is why most doctors won't treat depression with them.
    Tramadol can be dangerous for some people as their tolerance grows they need to take more.Seizures have occurred with to much tramadol.
    So the overall opinion is "no" most doctors won't treat any depression with opiates.....Dave

gkeystone is offline New Member

Smile Tramadol for Depression

My cousin began ordering Tramadol after she was in a really bad accident. I started using it because i heard it could treat depression. It worked for me really really well..im not a doctor or ne thing like that so don't take my advice like u would a doctors. I am just talking from my experience
    P.S. I would recommend going to an online pharmacy because it will be easier to get the meds you need. My sister uses it becasue shes really busy so just a suggestion singrx.com is pretty good i think good luck!!!

Cats Meow is offline Platinum Member

Tramadol does have serotonergic properties, like an SSRI, but it's use for depression is off-label, and it's contraindicated in conjunction with antidepressants. That being said, it's a poor choice for depression.

leowd is offline New Member

I had both a family doc and a pdoc put me/keep on (I can't remember which) tramadol and a variety of SSRIs--among them Lexapro.

This can be a toxic combination, and it ended up being so for me. Won't go into the gory details, but you have to be careful.

jeffellison64 is offline New Member

Cool I dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by bnjar5 View Post
    can tramadol be use to treat mild depression?:

I don't think so . I have been on it as a morphine supplement . It took 2 pills, every 4 hours and they didn't control the pain as well as morphine. It was manageable and Tramadol is non-narcotic so the addiction factor wasn't there.
    As far as treating depression , it doesn't work for me.

VinylTulip is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by leowd View Post
    I had both a family doc and a pdoc put me/keep on (I can't remember which) tramadol and a variety of SSRIs--among them Lexapro.

This can be a toxic combination, and it ended up being so for me. Won't go into the gory details, but you have to be careful.
    This worries me... I take 10mg Lexapro daily, and 50mg of Tramadol 3x/day and I have had not problems and was told by a pharmacist it was safe. Could you elaborate on your experience?

sharontate is offline Banned

As a registered nurse of over 10 years I have never seen Tramadol prescribed for depression.

rxinfonbs is offline New Member

Tramadol is a synthetic opiate with seratonin and norepenephrine reuptake blocking properties (kind of like the SSRIs). However, because it is an opiate and thus has a high abuse potential, it is not perscribed to treat depression. For me, however, it works wonders for my depression, and I do not respond to the SSRI antidepressants (the zolofts, paxils, and Lexapro's). If you do a search on the web or on google scholar (scholar.google.com), you'll see that Tramadol has been found in various tests to have significant antidepressant properties.

The established medical community is very anti opiate when it comes to depression or mood issues. Why? Well, goes back to some laws that were passed (Harrison Narcotics Tax Act of 1914 and more) that helped make opiates unattainable. IN the 1800's they were unregulated and in many other country's and cultures were socially acceptable, more so than alcohol. But doctors today are taught that people will always fall victim to addiction if they take an opiate, that they won't be able to regulate there intake and will become junkies and abusers. Wrong. I use this medication responsibly. If I took a bunch would I get high? Yeah. But I know better. Im mature enough to know the consequences.

Opiates aren't bad. They are underused for for mood & depression. The potential for abuse makes the medical establishment scared to perscribe them for anything but pain, but Tramadol is so effective for some people's depression that it really should be looked into. The addiction model that the medical establishment abides by does not apply to every individual.

Sorry I know I rambled a bit on about this but I thought I would share all my thoughts with you about this drug, one that has been very helpful to me in helping me meaintain a highly functional, quality life...uncrippled by the depression I was so used to for years. - NBS
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-23-2016 at 04:22 PM.

cbatbeng546 is offline New Member

Unhappy need pain relief

I have a bulging disc in my neck, it is very painfull. When I had insurance my dr prescribed tramadol 200mg a day. It did help, it didnt take all my pain away but a good enough amount that I could go back to work. Now I lost my ins, and my husband lost his job. I cant go back to the dr for anymore prescriptions. Because tramadol is not a narcotic, can you get it online anywhere with out a prescription? Any one know? Thanks.

LMK20 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cbatbeng546 View Post
    I have a bulging disc in my neck, it is very painfull. When I had insurance my dr prescribed tramadol 200mg a day. It did help, it didnt take all my pain away but a good enough amount that I could go back to work. Now I lost my ins, and my husband lost his job. I cant go back to the dr for anymore prescriptions. Because tramadol is not a narcotic, can you get it online anywhere with out a prescription? Any one know? Thanks.
    cbatbeng546 - I added you to my contacts, where you should then be able to easily view my details and should you wish, please contact me directly via email, as private messaging seems not to be enabled in this forum. Regardless of whether we get in touch, wishing you and your husband the best.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by cbatbeng546 View Post

We run online pharmacies off from the forum every week. Legit online pharmacies require the same info as Walgreens or any other pharmacy such as a valid prescription, info on you and the dr, etc. If you buy tramadol online without a prescription it's against the law. No way I would get involved with the many SCAM online pharmacies which are nothing but drug dealers. I suggest you see a dr like the rest of us requiring RX medication. God bless.