Weight loss due to GERD
    fkohler is offline New Member

Default Weight loss due to GERD

Over the course of 1 year, my GERD has become worse...I was on Nexium -(made me sicker then the Gerd itself) was changed to Aciphex -(which gave me more heartburn than you could imagine)...now I'm back on Pepcid...which is doing a great job.

But my problem is I have lost 25 lbs within the past year, and as you know GERD has its do's and dont's as to you can't eat this, you have to wait 2 hours before you lay down after you eat, all life's little pains in the ???? to complicate things...I can't seem to gain my weight back....Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did you do to gain some weight back...what did you incorporate into your eating schedule that helped you gain the weight back.

I've seen the doctor on this 2-3 months ago, and I mise well of talked to the wall, he said eat more....no kidding, but with all the foods that you can't eat with this, what do you eat that will put it back on?

Please email me personally
    Thank you
    Fred

ChrisKatz is offline New Member

Default I experiencing the same

I have been experiencing gerd symptoms now for almost a year and I just recently started taking Aciphex (expensice but it is working good for me), I have loss 8 lbs and I think i'm still losing weight gradually. I am also having trouble gaining back the weight that I lost too. My GP Dr. said if my don't imporve after 6 weeks of taking Aciphex that I may have to see an GI to do an upper endoscopy for a biopsy test. Did u take the same test?

Siri23 is offline New Member

Hi, I know your post is 7 years old but I am just wondering if you kept losing weight or did you gain it back?

jason1122 is offline New Member

It is regularly guaranteed that drinking water can help with weight reduction and that is valid, drinking water can support digestion by 24 30% over a time of 1– 1, 5 hours, helping you consume off a couple of more calories 1, one examination demonstrated that drinking a half-liter 17 ounces of water about 30 minutes before dinners helped health food nuts eat less calories and lose 44% more weight, contrasted with the individuals who didn't drink the water...

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking