Like Tree1Likes
When can Tramadol be refilled?
    Anonymous Guest

Default When can Tramadol be refilled?

I don't want to ask my pharmacist right now because I don't want to get red flagged for asking. So I'm a chronic pain patient and I was just prescribed Tramadol which is a schedule IV controlled substance for my pain, and my pharmacy is CVS. I don't understand the prescription too well and I'm not sure when I can refill it, I'm just trying to follow the rules and I've tried searching for my pharmacy's refill policies to no avail.

It was filled on 12/26/18 and it has 5 refills by 6/24/19, the quantity is 120 which is a 4 month supply. The instructions are take 1 pill every 6 hours for pain but I only take 2 in a 24 hour period. But theirs only enough in the bottle for 1 pill a day, if I continue taking 2 a day then I'll be 2 months short even though I'm following the directions.

What's the refill window for Tramadol? Any advice would be appreciated.

Anonymous Guest

This thread has been getting a lot of views and somebody here must know something about pharmacies' refill policies.

froggy_069 is offline Member

If you do not understand the pharmacy's or Dr's refill policies you will never be "red-flagged" for asking questions to better understand your own prescription. If you ask this exact question to your Dr. or pharmacist I'm quite sure they would be more than happy to answer, especially since you are dealing with a controlled substance. Any CVS I have ever visited asks me if I have any questions about my prescription at the time I pick it up. If I have any questions after the fact, I simply call and ask. I had a similar situation occur and it turned out that the Dr mistakenly called in wrong quantity.

quantity 120
    1 every 6 hrs = 24hrs in a day / 1 pill every 6 hours = 4 pills daily
    4 pills daily x 30 days in a month = 120 pills

Next refill is in 30 days.
    You got this script filled (x1) and there are 5 left by 6/24/19 = 5+1 = 6 month supply

I'm not a pharmacist or Dr but it makes sense to me.

Hope this helped at least a little.