YAZ Birth Control Pills
    cathygm is offline New Member

Default YAZ Birth Control Pills

Started taking the pill April 18, 2007 on 1st day of period. Still having a period 15 days later.

ydnarb is offline New Member

Birth control pillls can do crazy things, especially when you start a new one. If its been light then its nothing to out of the ordinary..but if its been steady for 15 days you need to contact your doctor. Sometimes it takes a few months for birth control to align with your body and produce a "monthly regular". However, its been my experience in the past that if you have that much trouble right off the bat you're probably going to continue with trouble. I would recommend asking your doctor to switch.
    It took me 11 different brands before i found the right one. And I normally dont have any problems with medication, but having the wrong one can make you feel really bad and there is no reason that after the first few weeks that your birthcontrol should be causing you any issues. Hope that helps, Good Luck!

antoan.smith is offline New Member

Talking :)

Side effects may go away during treatment, include nausea, vomiting, bleeding between menstrual periods, breast tenderness, or weight change. If they continue or are bothersome, check with your doctor. Check with your doctor as soon as possible if you experience persistent or recurrent abnormal vaginal bleeding, a missed menstrual period, dizziness or fainting, swelling of fingers or ankles, headache, or difficulty wearing contact lenses. Contact your doctor immediately if you experience sharp or crushing chest pain, sudden shortness of breath, sudden severe headache or leg pain, yellow skin or eyes, changes in vision, numbness of an arm or leg, or severe stomach pain. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.

CPhTNoel is offline New Member

I had the same issue with Seasonale, but I had switched from the Depo shot, where you dont get a period at all. I personally recommend it, and I hate needles. My Obgyn gave me some estrogen pills to try relieve it and it did help (I felt old, my mom takes the same stuff!). But if you're looking into long term contraception, try the Depo Shot, or the Implanon, which I just had put in and so far havent experienced any side effects

jbrown77 is offline New Member

I came looking for posts about experiences with Yaz, particularly Yaz side effects. The info I've read is very mixed and so if anyone cares to comment more on here I'd appreciate it?