Advicor
    dwyser3140 is offline New Member

Default Advicor

I have unable to fill my newest prescription for Advicor at my local Walgreens Pharmacy.. They tell me that the mfg is not making it anymore. I need to know if this is true. I have not found any information regarding this on various internet sites.. My doctor was left samples for this drug a few weeks ago by the drug rep. Please let me know if you have any information about this.

Thanks...

kirby is offline Platinum Member

Advicor is currently being made by KOS. The Advicor website is still online promoting the medication.

www.advicor.com

And, in June, KOS won a settlement against Andrx for trademark infringement. Here's an excerpt from the news release:

quote:MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 10, 2004--Kos Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:KOSP) announced today that it has successfully settled its trademark infringement lawsuit against Andrx Corporation (Nasdaq:ADRX) and Andrx Laboratories, Inc. As part of this settlement, Andrx will pay Kos $6 million and has agreed to cease using the Altocor trademark for any of its products to avoid further confusion between Andrx's cholesterol product, Altocor, and Kos' highly differentiated cholesterol product, Advicor(R).
    Possibly Walgreen's is confused (like everyone else!) re Advicor and Altocor [?]