AVENZA OR ACENZA?
    JEM11 is offline New Member

Default AVENZA OR ACENZA?

LOOKING FOR INFO ON THIS NEW DRUG. ANY INFO AVAILABLE? ALTERNATE NAME? THANKS!

susan2013 is offline New Member

I'll have a guess at this one....

Maybe Avinza??

Avinza is a long acting formulation of morphine - approved about two years ago.

Sue2013 is offline New Member

Hi,

I have taken Avinza it's the same as morphine. I was on 10mg and was so totally high that I had to break the pills in half! What it with this stuff, it's potent and addictive! but it is the greatest on serious pain.

<>< Peace Sue

Jasonc is offline New Member

I got prescribed avenza. However my pain doctor put the wrong date on my script and I have to waite until next week to get it and he refuses to change it. I have never taken it before. I have had two back surgeries and my spine is now deterating around my facet joints. He perscribed me Avenza 30 mg will that knock me on my butt. I have taken 50mg dura gesic patches last year. that didn't bother me. I have heard this is strong stuff. Is it morphine sulfate or pure morphine? Also is it time released and for how long? I can't find anything on this medication and my doctor hurried me out the door.

Jason

Jasonc is offline New Member

I can't break my pill it is a capsule 24 hour release. Do I have something diffrent?

terrell is offline New Member

The Name is Avenza,
    I was perscribed the 30mg it did very little, 60 mg a little better. The product works better after several weeks, I do not feel high at all. I have had cronic pain since I was a child this product really shows alot hope for people like me.
    I wonder how much differant it is from OxyCotin. Avenza makes me a little sleepy some times. My questton is does OxyCotin make anyone sleepy.

robo is offline Moderator

elize6869 is offline New Member

I was prescribed this drug today to replace the 100 duragesic patch. I hate those things... great for pain but the adhesive hurts & makes the skin raw.I too am looking for info on avinza 60 mg. capsules. I would just like to be pain tolarant & know a little about what I'm taking.

alicia-in-nola is offline New Member

i take avinza 90mg for chronic pain associated with interstitial cystitis.it is a 24 hour time released morphine.i believe that initially 10% is of total dose is released at once and the rest over a 24 hour period.it has been a life saver for me.before i had to take 1-2 percocets every 4 hours.they as well vicoden (various formulas) contain lots of tylenol which is known to damage the liver at high doses. good luck with pain control!!

RoC1909 is offline Member

I have been taking one 90mg capsule a day for the past 4 months. I find it helps quite a bit with the pain but on occasion, a headache does manage to sneak through the "morpine barrier". I then take a tylenol and that helps with that.

I would recommend these to anyone in chronic pain.

J